+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open work permit

jsachin70

Dec 14, 2020
I applied for my bridging open work permit, but after submission of this application, I received only initial application confirmation message, I didn't received any other message with pdf attachment, I think that document is requires to provide to your employer, is there any one have any idea, how long does it takes to receive the confirmation pdf, so far I know usually we will receive it right away after submission this application

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
I applied for my bridging open work permit, but after submission of this application, I received only initial application confirmation message, I didn't received any other message with pdf attachment, I think that document is requires to provide to your employer, is there any one have any idea, how long does it takes to receive the confirmation pdf, so far I know usually we will receive it right away after submission this application
Mine came about 2hrs after

Canada20-20

Nov 16, 2020
I have a question about bridging open work permit. I have my file in process under CEC AOR- May 12. I am living in Ontario near Quebec and Ontario border. I am working in Montreal and looking for better job opportunity in Ontario. I am wondering if I am eligible to apply BOWP or not. Is there any need of employment in Ontario or in any other province for BOWP.

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Thanks for your reply, not sure, what's happening, its been a 3 days now, no update on my application
Oh no
Have you received it as yet?

charmer89

Dec 17, 2020
I have couple of questions around Briding Open work permit and I hope you will be able to guide me.

I got my AOR on Monday (12/14). When am I eligible to apply for BOWP?

In the questionnaire for starting an application, I dont see any option for BOWP.

It will be great if you can help, cause my current employer tied work permit ends in mid of Jan 2021. Thanks!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I have couple of questions around Briding Open work permit and I hope you will be able to guide me.

In the questionnaire for starting an application, I dont see any option for BOWP.

It will be great if you can help, cause my current employer tied work permit ends in mid of Jan 2021. Thanks!
When your application is approved in principle. So, wait until you receive receive notification you passed your medical and receive a BIL,which indicates all your documents were complete.

vg2013

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
When your application is approved in principle. So, wait until you receive receive notification you passed your medical and receive a BIL,which indicates all your documents were complete.
I don't believe that is correct, as his AOR is 12/14/2020 and his visa is expiring my mid-Jan - less than a month left for expiry. Would this not mean, he has to apply right away ??? Just my thought and am obviously not an expert.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I don't believe that is correct, as his AOR is 12/14/2020 and his visa is expiring my mid-Jan - less than a month left for expiry. Would this not mean, he has to apply right away ??? Just my thought and am obviously not an expert.
No he can apply anytime before his wp expires. If his pr application got canceled due to incomplete, wp will be refused too.

suneelparwani

Dec 19, 2020
Thanks for your reply, not sure, what's happening, its been a 3 days now, no update on my application
Hi, Same issue I m facing, I applied for PGWP.

Since I received an email within 24 hours about a status update for my application but no status has been updated in my IRCC account, as of now. I applied for pgwp on December 15, 2020.

Can I work full-time after submission of my PGWP application or should I have to wait until I receive the acknowledgment email for my application? i hope my employer doesn't have any problem

Nick2019

Mar 11, 2019
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if it's possible to apply for BOWP after submitting an EE Profile and after the PGWP expires?

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014

You can apply any time since your work permit has less than 4 months.
Your AOR is your approval in principle.

kaspy69

Oct 6, 2020
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if it's possible to apply for BOWP after submitting an EE Profile and after the PGWP expires?
For BOWP you need AOR letter. So anytime after AOR and before any Permit expires. See CIC website pls.