Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I have turned to Canada visa forum to get assistance with the BOWP application as the lawyer has asked for $1200 for 2 BOWPs, one for myself and one for my husband. Its not doable.

Profile Background: I am a principle applicant under Express entry CEC with a non accompanying spouse who is living with me in Canada. Medical has been passed and they are waiting for my bio metrics. So the application is kind of on-halt until I submit my bio-metrics.

Current Situation: My post graduate permit (3 yrs) will expire on August 22,2020. So, I have less then 4 months to renew that. I need to get Bridging open work permit for my self as well as for my husband. Note, I have a NOC B job so I believe that although my husband is non-accompanying, he is eligible for BOWP as that of myself.

Can you advise how I should get/apply Bridging open work permit.

Thank you loads!

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have turned to Canada visa forum to get assistance with the BOWP application as the lawyer has asked for $1200 for 2 BOWPs, one for myself and one for my husband. Its not doable.

Profile Background: I am a principle applicant under Express entry CEC with a non accompanying spouse who is living with me in Canada. Medical has been passed and they are waiting for my bio metrics. So the application is kind of on-halt until I submit my bio-metrics.

Current Situation: My post graduate permit (3 yrs) will expire on August 22,2020. So, I have less then 4 months to renew that. I need to get Bridging open work permit for my self as well as for my husband. Note, I have a NOC B job so I believe that although my husband is non-accompanying, he is eligible for BOWP as that of myself.

Thank you loads!
$1200 is way too much. You can do BOWP by yourself.
Google> Come to canada tool.
It will take you to a tool which will check your eligibility. After which it will take you further and at the end give you a reference number.
Login to your cic account and enter this reference number. It will start your PGWP application. After which its very self explanatory (fill form/upload docs)

Not sure how/why your husband is eligible for bowp. What is his current status? has he applied for PR too?

RDP25

May 3, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Thank you loads!
Hi,
would you be mind if i ask you a question, as you applied EE non accompanying spouse, did CIC asked you any explanation for that ?, and if YES, what was your answer.

please reply,
Thank you.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

Thank you loads!
BOWP is for people whose PR application is being processed. Your husband was listed as non-accompaning so he won't be able to get it. You, all you need to do is apply, all you need is to do so before your current PGWP has expired (but within 3 months of its expiration date) and show proof that you've applied for PR (AOR letter from IRCC)

shalinder

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
BOWP is for people whose PR application is being processed. Your husband was listed as non-accompaning so he won't be able to get it. You, all you need to do is apply, all you need is to do so before your current PGWP has expired (but within 3 months of its expiration date) and show proof that you've applied for PR (AOR letter from IRCC)
Is it OK If I apply only two weeks before my current WP expires? i.e. It will expire on Aug 22, 2020) may be I can apply on the second week of August?

shalinder

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes

Also, Can you let me know if my husband has to leave Canada once his WP will expire?

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Is it OK If I apply only two weeks before my current WP expires? i.e. It will expire on Aug 22, 2020) may be I can apply on the second week of August?
Yes. My BOWP was expiring June 28 2019. I applied on June 21 2019.
Same with my PGWP, I applied 8 days before study permit expiry.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Yes, you should apply while it's still valid. Doing it closer to its expiration date is probably best because that way if your application is approved before you wouldn't have spent money iba BOWP you would have needed in the first place.

affan hussain

Dec 1, 2015
Hi,

Did you applied for BW?
How long did it take you to get it?
Actually, i am thinking of applying for BW but the processing time is 192 days. How many days did it took you to get it processed?

Thank you