+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit

somafk

Jan 2, 2019
Hi - I am applying for bridging open work permit soon. I was wondering if its possible to apply for BOWP online. Or do i have to mail the package.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Hi - I am applying for bridging open work permit soon. I was wondering if its possible to apply for BOWP online. Or do i have to mail the package.
It's an online application.

somafk

Jan 2, 2019
thanks. But the document checklist says "Print and place the barcode page on the top of your application "

somafk

Jan 2, 2019
Log into your account and create an application from there if you want to apply online.
I want to apply for the BOWP. It seems that I am eligible.

When I am doing this online and want to check my eligibility, it only says that I can apply for express entry it does not show anything about that I can apply for the BOWP.

Is there any specific responses that I should choose in the online eligibility questionnaires? it asked me questions like how long you want to move here? what you want to do? ....

I tried different answers but each time it only leads me to express entry application.

I really appreciate if someone helps me out.

Thanks

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Choose you are a temporary worker, you want to stay TEMPORARILY in Canada for more than 6 months and you have received approval in principle for your PR application.
It should give you an option for open work permit

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
I want to apply for the BOWP. It seems that I am eligible.

When I am doing this online and want to check my eligibility, it only says that I can apply for express entry it does not show anything about that I can apply for the BOWP.

Is there any specific responses that I should choose in the online eligibility questionnaires? it asked me questions like how long you want to move here? what you want to do? ....

I tried different answers but each time it only leads me to express entry application.

I really appreciate if someone helps me out.

Thanks
  • Temporarily - More than 6 months
  • Yes [Have you been approved in principle]
  • Yes [Have you applied for PR]
Should lead you to the right application. IDK why they had to make it so complicated.

somafk

Jan 2, 2019
Choose you are a temporary worker, you want to stay TEMPORARILY in Canada for more than 6 months and you have received approval in principle for your PR application.
It should give you an option for open work permit
Thanks a lot. I got the option for Open Work Permit. But it does not say Bridging Open work permit. Should it matter?

snowflayc

Star Member
Feb 23, 2017
  • Temporarily - More than 6 months
  • Yes [Have you been approved in principle]
  • Yes [Have you applied for PR]
Should lead you to the right application. IDK why they had to make it so complicated.
Exactly this. There should be a route for applicants depending on their situation :)

somafk

Jan 2, 2019
Exactly this. There should be a route for applicants depending on their situation :)
I was uploading my documents and it looks like they only have option for passport and digital photo to upload. but as far as i know BOWP requires the AINP nomination letter and the Acknowledgement letter with the application number. Probably i am not in the right place.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
I was uploading my documents and it looks like they only have option for passport and digital photo to upload. but as far as i know BOWP requires the AINP nomination letter and the Acknowledgement letter with the application number. Probably i am not in the right place.
Upload these to Letter of Explanation entry

WaiterCA

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
06-07-2017
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
Upload these to Letter of Explanation entry
I'm an idiot. I submitted my bowp a few days ago and totally forgot to submit a nomination letter to "Letter of Explanation". Any ideas what to do now?