+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bridging open work permit question, pls help

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Ottawa10 said:
I have a question here as well:

I am currently on PGWP which is expiring soon. I have a AOR on my permanent residency application.
I am applying for OWP and the employer will be the same as the one I am with (BUT I have no LMO) .
In this case, I am applying for:
- A work permit with the same employer
OR
- Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Thanks in advance ;)
Same as ujbaby. The last option is what you need.

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ujbaby said:
I CURRENTLY HOLD PGWP WITH NO EMPLOYER SPECIFIC. WHAT WILL I MARK ON QUESTION NUMBER 3 ( FORM IMM5710E) WHERE IT WAS ASKED

I AM APPLYING FOR ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. A work permit with the same employer
2. Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit
3. RESTORATION OF TEMPORARARY RESIDENT STATUS AS A WORKER
You should choose #1. "a work permit with the same employer". This doesnt mean that you're asking for a closed work permit. You specify the type of work permit that you are applying for under question #1 in the section titled "Details of intended work in Canada"

# 2 does not apply to you. Work permits and study permits confer temporary resident status, but they are not temporary resident permits. A temporary resident permit is for a person who is inadmissible to Canada due to reasons such as health, criminality, and so on, however due to special circumstances they may be granted status in Canada via a TRP. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
GinnyPi said:
You should choose #1. "a work permit with the same employer". This doesnt mean that you're asking for a closed work permit. You specify the type of work permit that you are applying for under question #1 in the section titled "Details of intended work in Canada"

# 2 does not apply to you. Work permits and study permits confer temporary resident status, but they are not temporary resident permits. A temporary resident permit is for a person who is inadmissible to Canada due to reasons such as health, criminality, and so on, however due to special circumstances they may be granted status in Canada via a TRP. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp
Thanks Ginnypi. i think u make sense. i was also thinking about option 3 but i will go with option 1

popoxee

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess the first option worked fine for ujbaby since there was no follow-up?

I picked the first option too, and add my detailed situation in the letter of explanation. Hope it won't go wrong!

Pargat0406

Aug 7, 2019
Can you be more specific about the problem you are having with the online application?
Ive applied for pr in cec
Now i m trying to get bowp
I am stuck on question
Have you been told by ircc office that you are approved in principle of permanent residence in canada?
I have just applied for pr
What should i answer yes or no?

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Ive applied for pr in cec
Now i m trying to get bowp
I am stuck on question
Have you been told by ircc office that you are approved in principle of permanent residence in canada?
I have just applied for pr
What should i answer yes or no?
that's regarding your AOR. if you have already received an AOR that means you have been approved in principle.

Pargat0406

Aug 7, 2019
that's regarding your AOR. if you have already received an AOR that means you have been approved in principle.
Yes I received an Aor
And. One more
I was working on bonded wp(specific employer)
What i need to answer in question
Work for the same employer
Work for new employer?