+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit Help!

aanwar11

Jul 29, 2017
If you applied under CEC and received AOR from your PR application then you can apply for BOWP online through your mycic account. Aside from the general CIC forms, attached your AOR from your PR application, copy of passport and copy of expiring work permit.
Hi
I tired to apply today for BOWP and then document checklist i got was my passport, proof of medical exam and a digital photo. They did not mention anywhere to upload AOR.
What to do?

mvempr

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 14th 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 8 2017
Nomination.....
Sept 29th 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 10th 2016
Med's Request
December 19th
Med's Done....
March 13th
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
May 15th
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi
I tired to apply today for BOWP and then document checklist i got was my passport, proof of medical exam and a digital photo. They did not mention anywhere to upload AOR.
What to do?
You need to write cover letter and attach you current work permit, aor and pay slips stuff.

Make this as one pdf and add as letter of explanation

aanwar11

Jul 29, 2017
You need to write cover letter and attach you current work permit, aor and pay slips stuff.

Make this as one pdf and add as letter of explanation
Thanks
Do I have to fill Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710) ?
In additional documents two things are mentioned:
1 Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
2 Client information

Should I include everything in client information?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi guys,

I submitted an express entry application in December 2016, my file went for security screen and has been pending decision since. During this time I got married and updated CIC with the marriage certificate but then my spouse and I got separated and case for legal separation/divorce is under progress.

My Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) is due to expire in couple of months and I need to get it bridged through BWOP (Bridging Open Work Permit), while I wait for the decision on my PR application.

As the separation is in works and a final divorce certificate hasn't been issued yet. What should I declare in my marital status? Should I keep it married or should I put "divorced" in there? I don't have a divorce certificate if they ask me to provide one.

Please advise me on this unfortunate and messed up situation. Thanks.

PradeepkumarC

Oct 15, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon

This is regarding BOWP , I claimed 50 points for LMIA exempt work permit holder and received ITA (CEC Inland). When my current closed permit was about to expire within four months, I applied for bridging open work permit on 10th Oct but I did not mentioned my employer name anywhere and I also chose the option "Initial work permit or work permit for new employer"

I am now scared that my BOWP application might get rejected, Please suggest

Thanks
Ritesh
Hi Ritesh
Right now I am in the same state as you mentioned. So how it went? Got your BOWP without any issues? Please answer.

Thanks,
Pradeep

Pradeep Sahu

Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys
Need some information please.
I received my BOWP this month. Because I had applied for PR through BC PNP. The BOWP says location of work as BC.
Am I eligible to work anywhere in Canada or only in BC.

PositiveEnergy

Aug 3, 2019
You don't need anything from your employer if you have been nominated. For open work permit you only need 3 documents including forms, copy of passports and a photo (if I recall correctly). Please make sure you apply from the right category. The fee for an open work permit is 255$. Please BE CAREFUL when you are applying. One of my friends submitted (regular) work permit application and her permission was completely revoked. She had to spend a lot more money and hire a lawyer to re-apply and she was banned from working because of having illegal status. She was told that she was only allowed to go back to work with a valid printed work permit.

I think I am in similar situation. Can you pls let me know what your friend did?
Thanks so much

Josh007

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
I am holding a close work permit which will be expired soon together with my work contract. I applied PR through Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program and I got the AOR. Can I apply for BOWP without support letter from Manitoba province? Because that I am afraid I can not find a job after my current work contract ends. In addition, there is no restriction on my nomination letter.
Thank you very much.
Hi sofia
Just wAnt to know did you got bowp?

schi0301

Jul 23, 2019
Were you inland at that time?
I am inland, but it asked me to provide Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)....

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Hi guys
I received my BOWP this month. Because I had applied for PR through BC PNP. The BOWP says location of work as BC.
Hi There,
When you applied for BOWP what you already had Closed or a open work Permit?

Regards
VP

vick1987

Nov 6, 2019
Hi,
I am currently on Closed work permit , working at Edmonton. I received the nomination from Alberta (employer restriction -NO) in July 2019 and applied for Permanent Resident paper application in August 12 , 2019 and received the AOR on 22 nd Aug 2019(Application no and UCI) and linked the file with online account same day.
My current WP expires on July 2020 , can I apply for Bridge open work permit in March 2020 if I have PNP and PR application no?

Regards
VP

raj_mann

Oct 6, 2019
Hi,
I am currently on Closed work permit , working at Edmonton. I received the nomination from Alberta (employer restriction -NO) in July 2019 and applied for Permanent Resident paper application in August 12 , 2019 and received the AOR on 22 nd Aug 2019(Application no and UCI) and linked the file with online account same day.
My current WP expires on July 2020 , can I apply for Bridge open work permit in March 2020 if I have PNP and PR application no?

Regards
VP
Yes u can apply for the BOWP.
but u still have to work with ur principal employer for the no of hours mention in ur LMIA as it might effect ur file.
Rest u can work anywhere after that hours

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi guys
Hi

What documents did you submit for BOWP application?