+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit Help!

A

abdisarockstar

Hi folks!

I got my PNP approved on Sep 12 2017.

I sent my PR application(paper) on Sep 15, 2017, received by CIC on Sep 18, 2017.

Today I got an email from them with the application number and the UCI saying we received your application on Sep 15 blah blah.

My work permit expires Nov 24, 2017. I need to apply for a BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT soon because I may or may not like to continue working for my current employer so need a way out.

I am trying the online questionnaire but I am not sure whether I am on the right one.

1. It is asking me for a letter of support from my province. Is it NOT the same as my proof of nomination?

2. Also what is offer of employment? It is the same as the job letter used for my PNP application?

3. Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered? I am not sure whether I am in a regulated occupation. Applies to me in what case?

Any responses will be appreciated. Thanks very much.

Pnppr

Sep 5, 2017
Hi folks!

I got my PNP approved on Sep 12 2017.

I sent my PR application(paper) on Sep 15, 2017, received by CIC on Sep 18, 2017.

Today I got an email from them with the application number and the UCI saying we received your application on Sep 15 blah blah.

My work permit expires Nov 24, 2017. I need to apply for a BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT soon because I may or may not like to continue working for my current employer so need a way out.

I am trying the online questionnaire but I am not sure whether I am on the right one.

1. It is asking me for a letter of support from my province. Is it NOT the same as my proof of nomination?

2. Also what is offer of employment? It is the same as the job letter used for my PNP application?

3. Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered? I am not sure whether I am in a regulated occupation. Applies to me in what case?

Any responses will be appreciated. Thanks very much.

i had to go through the same process,
for your point 1- you need a work permit support letter from pnp office saying that your were nominated and approved under your NOC code.
you should act fast as they take more than 20 days to make one.

point 2 - offer letter is the job letter from your employer saying that your working under his or her organization from so and so long and under this much wage rate.

there are 2 main and basic requirements for BOWP
1) you should be living in canada.
2) you should have AOR saying that you have applied for you permanent residency

my BOWP got refused because my representative didn't attach my BCPNP certificate with my file because of which my status got changed........its a long hectic story but at the end it all got sorted out

so why i am saying this is because i don't want anyone suffering like i did for work permit. so make sure you submit all these required documents for BOWPas in work permit issues they don't usually ask for additional documents. they just announce their verdict.

Reactions: abdisarockstar
A

abdisarockstar

for your point 1- you need a work permit support letter from pnp office saying that your were nominated and approved under your NOC code.

point 2 - offer letter is the job letter from your employer saying that your working under his or her organization from so and so long and under this much wage rate.

my BOWP got refused because my representative didn't attach my BCPNP certificate with my file because of which my status got changed........its a long hectic story but at the end it all got sorted out

so why i am saying this is because i don't want anyone suffering like i did for work permit. so make sure you submit all these required documents for BOWPas in work permit issues they don't usually ask for additional documents. they just announce their verdict.
Thanks for your response. The job letter is the same as the one used for PNP eh? So and so has been employed with so and so since blah blah? His duties responsibilities etc? It is dated March 2017. Would that be okay?

Also how can I ask Manitoba PNP for my letter?

Pnppr

Sep 5, 2017
Thanks for your response. The job letter is the same as the one used for PNP eh? So and so has been employed with so and so since blah blah? His duties responsibilities etc? It is dated March 2017. Would that be okay?

Also how can I ask Manitoba PNP for my letter?
thats right job letter can be similar or same to pnp one and its supposed to be a recent dated one.

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
From what I recall the job letter/offer is only required for closed work permit, but don't quote me on that as I submitted my BOWP application two months ago.

You mention changing your employer. Under which Program did you receive your nomination?Does it have your employer's name? I just created a thread where I ask if someone else has received a nomination with NO employer restrictions. I want to know if I can change employer under a different NOC code.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bc-skilled-worker-no-employer-restriction-anyone.524666/

Thanks

j.

Preetvir

Nov 4, 2017
Hi , i just wanted to have ur input on my situation as my bowp also got rejected n then i filed restoration application below are details:
I have some concerns in regards to my situation.
I am a bc pnp nominee and my federal file (NON EXPRESS ENTRY) has been submitted and i have been already been asked to submit landing fees. My work permit expired on sep. 2017 and i applied one month ahead of expiration however it got rejected as i missed paying $100.00 fees.
I got migration consultant to ile restoration application where he made me pay $200.00 (restoration application)+ $155.00 (work permit application) +$100.00 ((open work permit fees)
My work permit before was open work permit and had no restrictions on my permit or nomination certificate.

Do u think my lawyer has done right thing as lately i am hearing about this compliance fees. Kindly help any type of suggestions/input are helpful as very stressed right now and dont know what to do

SadafAE

Nov 6, 2017
You don't need anything from your employer if you have been nominated. For open work permit you only need 3 documents including forms, copy of passports and a photo (if I recall correctly). Please make sure you apply from the right category. The fee for an open work permit is 255$. Please BE CAREFUL when you are applying. One of my friends submitted (regular) work permit application and her permission was completely revoked. She had to spend a lot more money and hire a lawyer to re-apply and she was banned from working because of having illegal status. She was told that she was only allowed to go back to work with a valid printed work permit.

riteshbharatiya

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Hello @legalfalcon

This is regarding BOWP , I claimed 50 points for LMIA exempt work permit holder and received ITA (CEC Inland). When my current closed permit was about to expire within four months, I applied for bridging open work permit on 10th Oct but I did not mentioned my employer name anywhere and I also chose the option "Initial work permit or work permit for new employer"

I am now scared that my BOWP application might get rejected, Please suggest

Thanks
Ritesh

SadafAE

Nov 6, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon

This is regarding BOWP , I claimed 50 points for LMIA exempt work permit holder and received ITA (CEC Inland). When my current closed permit was about to expire within four months, I applied for bridging open work permit on 10th Oct but I did not mentioned my employer name anywhere and I also chose the option "Initial work permit or work permit for new employer"

I am now scared that my BOWP application might get rejected, Please suggest

Thanks
Ritesh
Bridging Open Work Permit is for those who have submitted an application for Permanent Residency. You don't need any support from your employer and you can change your employer anytime. If you have submitted your PR application to a federal program you are eligible for Open Work Permit and you don't need to worry.
I saw a similar option as "Initial work permit or work permit for new employer" in extending visitor permit forms for my parents as well and I believe it is added recently. I am not sure what that option means in work permit application. In visitor permit case I chose to extend the current status (it was the first option)

Reactions: riteshbharatiya

riteshbharatiya

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
m working because of having illegal sta
Bridging Open Work Permit is for those who have submitted an application for Permanent Residency. You don't need any support from your employer and you can change your employer anytime. If you have submitted your PR application to a federal program you are eligible for Open Work Permit and you don't need to worry.
I saw a similar option as "Initial work permit or work permit for new employer" in extending visitor permit forms for my parents as well and I believe it is added recently. I am not sure what that option means in work permit application. In visitor permit case I chose to extend the current status (it was the first option)
Thanks Sadaf, That helped :)
Now I can be at ease ..

Sofia_Justin

Nov 4, 2016
I am holding a close work permit which will be expired soon together with my work contract. I applied PR through Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program and I got the AOR. Can I apply for BOWP without support letter from Manitoba province? Because that I am afraid I can not find a job after my current work contract ends. In addition, there is no restriction on my nomination letter.
Thank you very much.

SReza

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Sadaf Hi, I am an Iranian PNP applicant 2016 Jan. Can i ask you some questions? You said on another thread that still there are Iranians waiting from Jan 2015 for their background check? How many are they? and my 2nd question is a medical exam needed for a work permit extension? I really really appreciate if you answer me back. And today one Iranian guy "MASOOD85" got his PPR after 29 months on this forum! u may wanna check it out!!!!!!!!
Thanks a lot mercy

aanwar11

Jul 29, 2017
Hello
I applied for my PR on May 10th under Canadian experience class from Edmonton Alberta but my work permit is expiring on July 07 and my employer cannot extend my contract. I have to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit now. Can you help me with understanding the online procedure to apply?

Thanks

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello
I applied for my PR on May 10th under Canadian experience class from Edmonton Alberta but my work permit is expiring on July 07 and my employer cannot extend my contract. I have to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit now. Can you help me with understanding the online procedure to apply?

Thanks
If you applied under CEC and received AOR from your PR application then you can apply for BOWP online through your mycic account. Aside from the general CIC forms, attached your AOR from your PR application, copy of passport and copy of expiring work permit.