+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Boyfriend TRV rejected - Family ties & Purpose of visit

RiveraAr

Mar 10, 2020
Good morning,

My name Arlenys I need your help on behalf of my boyfriend's TRV request.
My boyfriend applied for TRV in March 2019, and was denied for the following reasons:
-Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
-Purpose of the visit

A brief summary:
We are from the Dominican Republic, but I am a Canadian citizen, at the time my boyfriend made the application, I was living in the Dominican Republic and he wanted to visit Canada for tourism.
My mother is a Canadian resident, she made the invitation letter (it was not notarized) and she was in the Dominican Republic at the time of the visa application.
The attached documents were:
Letter of Invitation.
Activity itinerary.
Work Letter.
Account statement for the last 3 months.
He has an American visa, and travel history to that country.
Right now I am living in Canada, and I wish he would visit me, but we don't know how to carry out the process to change the officers' decision and have it approved.

Thanks in advance.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your boyfriend needs to re-apply and provide significant evidence of ties to the DR, reasons why he would return, such as obligations he must take care of instead of staying in Canada.

Because he is your boyfriend, the visa officer will expect you will marry him or he will attempt to stay in Canada and be sponsored to permanent residence.

Reactions: WhitneyNotHouston

RiveraAr

Mar 10, 2020
Thanks for your reply. It is recommended that I make a letter of invitation notarized for him. Could you provide me with examples of evidence.
Thank you, I appreciate your help.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Notarizing the letter of invitation won't make a difference if it is not required in the country-specific instructions for the Dominican Republic. It probably will not help.

You need to focus on answering the visa officer's question: why would your boyfriend leave Canada after a visit? Why won't he stay in Canada?

Reactions: WhitneyNotHouston

RiveraAr

Mar 10, 2020
Thank you so much, we will give any document that can prove that he'll leave canada on time. Can you give me some example of ties?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thank you so much, we will give any document that can prove that he'll leave canada on time. Can you give me some example of ties?
Example of ties include, family like spouse or children back home, (parents and adult siblings don't count), property, a job, other assets in his name.
Basically you would know the reason better than us, you tell us what is it that ensures he has to go home vs him overstaying with you?

RiveraAr

Mar 10, 2020
He is studying at the University Software developer, and he needs 2 semesters to finish it.
Also he has he’s own vehicule and he needs to pay it. He also has bank load that he needs to pay. He is working remotely doing outsourcing for a USA Company, he recently change the job, he only has 3 month in this one. We can obtain a letter for the university and for the bank too.
thanks.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
He is studying at the University Software developer, and he needs 2 semesters to finish it.
He can provide an enrollment letter. This would be proof that needs to come back as he need to go back to school.
Also he has he’s own vehicule and he needs to pay it. He also has bank load that he needs to pay. He is working remotely doing outsourcing for a USA Company, he recently change the job, he only has 3 month in this one.
Ties are defined as a job, family, assets and properties or simply reasons to go back to one's home country.
>> A loan cannot be a valid reason as the visa officers are looking for the financial stability of the applicant. This might be against your BF as they might suspect that he is looking for good opportunities in Canada to pay his loan.
>> His work cannot be a reason as well. There is not much tenure on his job and he is working remotely. If granted a visa he can still continue to work and illegally stay in Canada as he is not required to report to a physical office.

Reactions: RiveraAr

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has he travelled to the US in the past 5 years? How long did he go for? How much liquid savings is he showing. I assume he likely doesn’t have 10k is his bank account if he has loans. You are probably going to have to be the one who travels to see him.

Reactions: RiveraAr

RiveraAr

Mar 10, 2020
Has he travelled to the US in the past 5 years? How long did he go for? How much liquid savings is he showing. I assume he likely doesn’t have 10k is his bank account if he has loans. You are probably going to have to be the one who travels to see him.

thank you very much for answering. The last time He visited the United States was in November 2015, the reason was for a vacation,only for 2 weeks. In December 2019 he travel to Argentina for work. At this moment he has $ 3000 USA dollars in his account. I think that visa approval is difficult. Im very worried, ¿any advice?. At this moment I cannot leave the country for the last 5 month, due to ontario HEALTH PROCESS
Thanks for your time.

RiveraAr

Mar 10, 2020
He can provide an enrollment letter. This would be proof that needs to come back as he need to go back to school.

Ties are defined as a job, family, assets and properties or simply reasons to go back to one's home country.
>> A loan cannot be a valid reason as the visa officers are looking for the financial stability of the applicant. This might be against your BF as they might suspect that he is looking for good opportunities in Canada to pay his loan.
>> His work cannot be a reason as well. There is not much tenure on his job and he is working remotely. If granted a visa he can still continue to work and illegally stay in Canada as he is not required to report to a physical office.
Thank you so much for all your help. You are very kind. I don’t know what other ties we can use but thank you.

Helado05

Jan 7, 2020
Good morning,

My name Arlenys I need your help on behalf of my boyfriend's TRV request.
My boyfriend applied for TRV in March 2019, and was denied for the following reasons:
-Family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
-Purpose of the visit

A brief summary:
We are from the Dominican Republic, but I am a Canadian citizen, at the time my boyfriend made the application, I was living in the Dominican Republic and he wanted to visit Canada for tourism.
My mother is a Canadian resident, she made the invitation letter (it was not notarized) and she was in the Dominican Republic at the time of the visa application.
The attached documents were:
Letter of Invitation.
Activity itinerary.
Work Letter.
Account statement for the last 3 months.
He has an American visa, and travel history to that country.
Right now I am living in Canada, and I wish he would visit me, but we don't know how to carry out the process to change the officers' decision and have it approved.

Thanks in advance.
Hope it turns out well next time. Tell me how it goes cause I want to apply in the future . My boyfriend is coming to leave in DR with me and he’s mom it’s sending me an invitation letter later.