Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
My BOWP is recently approved and I am just waiting for hard copies to receive. I just wanted to know, is there any location restrictions on BOWP or I can work across the Canada.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
bhopali said:
My BOWP is recently approved and I am just waiting for hard copies to receive. I just wanted to know, is there any location restrictions on BOWP or I can work across the Canada.
It depends. If your BOWP application was supported by a Canadian Experience Class application, then the province is not restricted. In practice this means you can work anywhere except Quebec.

bhopali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
LPS said:
It depends. If your BOWP application was supported by a Canadian Experience Class application, then the province is not restricted. In practice this means you can work anywhere except Quebec.
Yes, I applied under the CEC category..

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
if PR application is under CEC or FSW then no restriction on location for BOWP if under PNP then BOWP will tied to the province that nominated you.

bhopali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
Thanks all for your reply,

I would like to know, since I have applied for BOWP online, would I get the hard copies of work permit by mail OR its just a approval letter which is there in MyCIC account.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
bhopali said:
Thanks all for your reply,

I would like to know, since I have applied for BOWP online, would I get the hard copies of work permit by mail OR its just a approval letter which is there in MyCIC account.
It will come by mail

Iwanttoimmigrate

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-09-2013
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
17-05-2014
Hi LPS and Others,

Are you sure that BOWP under CEC does not allow you to work in Quebec? I mean I have not come across this in CIC OB (operation bulletin).

I know working in quebec on BOWP may not be advisable but not restricted. Please post any reference links or cases which I can refer.

Thanks.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Iwanttoimmigrate said:
Hi LPS and Others,

Are you sure that BOWP under CEC does not allow you to work in Quebec? I mean I have not come across this in CIC OB (operation bulletin).

I know working in quebec on BOWP may not be advisable but not restricted. Please post any reference links or cases which I can refer.

Thanks.
I'm not sure if you can use the open work permit in Quebec - I believe you can. But my point was, a prerequisite for the Canadian Experience Class is that you intend to reside outside Quebec.

CEC applicants who live and work in Quebec have been asked by CIC to provide evidence that they intend to reside elsewhere.

BacchusTO

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
Hi,

There is nothing on the BWOP restricting the holder to work or reside anywhere including Quebec.
I even just made mine printed by the immigration office …at a Quebec border.
The condition to apply in the CEC is category is not to envisage residing in Quebec. I understand it means once you have your RP, you must not live there. But before there is no restriction.
Of course I am expecting CIC to ask me to justify the situation.
In my case, my employer has changed my working place from Toronto to Montreal after I sent my PR request under the CEC category and I had no alternative since I had a closed work permit at that time. Then I will have to tell CIC that I don’t plan to stay here. I will move back to Ontario once I am sure I get a permanent status.

Another detail: Quebec doesn’t provide health insurance depending on the insurance you pay or not in the Province but it does it to people who can prove the plan to establish in the Province. It is not really fair for BWOPers working in Quebec who cannot pretend to get health insurance even paying the insurance tax on every income. The Quebec administration requests a CSQ (Quebec Selection Cerificate) for it, and BWOP itself (case type 27) is an evidence that you don’t intend to establish in Quebec. Tricky situation, so. :-\

++

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
canadavisa13 said:
if PR application is under CEC or FSW then no restriction on location for BOWP if under PNP then BOWP will tied to the province that nominated you.
So if i get PNP and then right away apply for PR then as soon as get AOR i apply for BOWP and only can work within province?

Iwanttoimmigrate

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-09-2013
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
17-05-2014
Hi BacchusTO,

Thank you for the detail and its good to know that I can continue to work in Quebec till We hear any decision on CEC application.

What do you mean by "I even just made mine printed by the immigration office... At a Quebec border" ??? Did you cross border to get BOWP? Now since u have BOWP why r u not moving back to Toronto since u are deprived of healthcare benefits?

Also I have applied in July 29, 2013, when should I pack my bags and start moving? And can you incorporate in Quebec or anywhere on BOWP? The last one is off topic but asking out of curiosity :)

BacchusTO

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-04-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Waived
Hi Iwanttoimmigrate,
Iwanttoimmigrate said:
What do you mean by "I even just made mine printed by the immigration office... At a Quebec border" ??? Did you cross border to get BOWP?
I actually got the notification of my BWOP but I didn’t receive the paper document at the expiry of my previous permit. Then I took a weekend in Boston in order to see the Immigration at the border by coming back. I requested a copy of the document there and they just issued it.
But even to make the initial request for a BWOP I think you can do it at a border Immigration office, and even at a Quebec entry point. I don’t see what could be the problem, the agent is supposed to apply the law and if the law states that you get an open BWOP by showing a AOR of a PR application in the CEC category, then he has to issue it.
Well, at the border you actually never have any warranty to get what you want. The agent decision is in his hands. He could just tell you to make the request thru the “normal” process by sending your application to Vegreville. Going to the border to update the status should be an option to consider only when you need the document quickly, just before your previous status expires and your employer needs a formal document to extend your contract for exemple. Never go to the border after your previous status already expired because you would lose the benefit of the implicit status by leaving the territority, even if it is just 5 minutes to talk to an Immigration agent!
Iwanttoimmigrate said:
Now since u have BOWP why r u not moving back to Toronto since u are deprived of healthcare benefits?
Well, it is not such an easy decision to move out. By now I have a job and a home here. As long as I don’t have a secure and permanent status, I don’t want to initiate moving again. Let’s imagine my PR request is declined. In this case I don’t have many more options than leaving the country. Then I will not move back to Toronto now with the possibility I have to leave the country in the same year.
Iwanttoimmigrate said:
Also I have applied in July 29, 2013, when should I pack my bags and start moving? And can you incorporate in Quebec or anywhere on BOWP? The last one is off topic but asking out of curiosity :)
I am not sure to understand your situation. You applied for a BWOP end of July and you still didn’t get it?! If so you should call the Immigration, since a BWOP is issued in about 4-5 weeks usually. For exemple, I uploaded my request on July 4 and I got the email notification of approval on August 8…
While you are waiting for a BWOP (implying you have a pending PR request in process), your previous permit status remain valid in the same condition, even if this permit expired, as an implicit status. What is you current permit (or last one, if expired)?
For exemple if you are or was holding a closed permit, anyway you can keep working in the same company (only under the condition you don’t leave the territory if you’re permit expired already) but that’s it. Then I don’t understand how you could move to another Province in that kind of situation. Or if you are not working currently you are free to travel but under a tourist status only, which supposingly implies you update your status by passing a border.

kijo

Nov 4, 2013
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-4-2013
AOR Received.
21-6-2013
File Transfer...
4-09-2013 (In process )
Med's Request
28-6-2013
Med's Done....
11-7-2013
Passport Req..
18-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Konan1982 said:
So if i get PNP and then right away apply for PR then as soon as get AOR i apply for BOWP and only can work within province?
Yes you can work for any(unless your PNP-PR application is employer driven) employer only in the province you are nominated for.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
BacchusTO said:
But even to make the initial request for a BWOP I think you can do it at a border Immigration office, and even at a Quebec entry point. I don't see what could be the problem, the agent is supposed to apply the law and if the law states that you get an open BWOP by showing a AOR of a PR application in the CEC category, then he has to issue it.
Actually, the agent would be making an error if you applied for a BOWP at the port of entry and they granted it. From operational bulletin 485A:

Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

• Foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry.