+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

sokke

Jun 11, 2020
Did anyone applied for SOWP with BOWP and received them?
I had applied for BOWP and SOWP together on Feb 15 and still waiting for approval.

saurabh2996

Jun 18, 2019
Just received my BOWP approval yesterday along with my dependents. That was pretty quick.

BOWP Applied - 15th Feb 2021
BOWP Approved - 4th March 2021

Reactions: mstefan

Cizi_honey

Mar 3, 2021
Can someone tell me, please what is the duration of the Bridging work permit? I applied on March 2, and on March 4, I got a letter is says - you are authorized to work with the same employer until July 2 or until your decision is made, whichever comes first. So, I got only three months extension. My AOR- 1 Sep and currently closed work permit expires on 4 April 2021. Is it a bad sign of application or what? I don't see any update online. It's been passed six months.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Can someone tell me, please what is the duration of the Bridging work permit? I applied on March 2, and on March 4, I got a letter is says - you are authorized to work with the same employer until July 2 or until your decision is made, whichever comes first. So, I got only three months extension. My AOR- 1 Sep and currently closed work permit expires on 4 April 2021. Is it a bad sign of application or what? I don't see any update online. It's been passed six months.
What you received is confirmation of implied status, not bowp yet. Takes about a month to come through.

Reactions: Cizi_honey

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Hi!

I am about to submit my PR application. After receiving AOR , would it be possible for me to get BOWP even though I don't meet the 4 month criteria? I am on a closed work permit that expires in 2022 but my US boss may fire me / threaten to fire me if I do not move to US by summer. I want to change jobs to reduce this stress. I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance!

ajitmc

Feb 18, 2021
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Visa stamped on my passport is only valid for couple of months. When BOWP is approved, would I be able to travel outside Canada and come back if I have valid work permit but visa stamped on passport is expired?

Babamo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Visa stamped on my passport is only valid for couple of months. When BOWP is approved, would I be able to travel outside Canada and come back if I have valid work permit but visa stamped on passport is expired?
Yes you can travel out but may not return without a valid TRV. So your expired stamped visa won't be enough to let you in.

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Have any of you folks applied for PGWP extension as well?

Since BOWP is only valid if your PR application is in progress (and gets cancelled if the PR is refused), I was thinking about applying for the public policy PGWP extension as well as I fit all the requirements (PGWP expired in November last year). I was curious if any of you has attempted it?

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018

Since BOWP is only valid if your PR application is in progress (and gets cancelled if the PR is refused), I was thinking about applying for the public policy PGWP extension as well as I fit all the requirements (PGWP expired in November last year). I was curious if any of you has attempted it?
Hi, Yes. I did the same. Bowp -Nov 17 - Not yet processed, PGWP extension- Feb 6th- Not yet processed

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018

Why did they refuse your BOWP?

sokke

Jun 11, 2020
Hey Guys,
I had applied for BOWP on Date Received: February 15, 2021

and received this update today:
Final decision - March 9, 2021:Your application was approved.
and I can see the new Document number with expiry date: 2022/03/08

Will I receive a printed BOWP letter on my mail?

Thanks in Advance.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Hey Guys,
I had applied for BOWP on Date Received: February 15, 2021

and received this update today:
Final decision - March 9, 2021:Your application was approved.
and I can see the new Document number with expiry date: 2022/03/08

Will I receive a printed BOWP letter on my mail?

Thanks in Advance.
it comes via Canada post. Mine arrived about a week after approval.

Reactions: sokke

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Why did they refuse your BOWP?
They initially refused it saying that I did not send my PR's AOR with the application. I did send it with the application, so I asked them to reconsider the decision – which they did, and later approved it.