17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Hi Guys,

I would appreciate your help on the below.

I have applied for PR under CEC along with my 2 dependents (Wife and Son). At the moment we all are in Canada and want to apply for BOWP, however I got little worried after reading on the IRCC website that the dependents of APR are not eligible for applying BOWP.

I - Have a closed work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Wife - Has a open work permit (Will expire in 7 months)
Son - Has a visitor record (Will expire in 7 months)

I understand that I can apply for BOWP but what should I do for my dependents if they are not eligible for BOWP ?
I am in a similar situation. Me, my wife and 2 kids. Only the principal applicant for the PR can get a BOWP, your wife will get a SOWP (If you're CEC there are no further requirements regarding the profession of the principal applicant) and your kid will get a visitor record extension. You will submit the 3 applications at the same time from your account, and then 3 different application numbers will be generated. As far as know, they will not be processed at the same speed. I submitted our applications 2 days ago, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: CanVisa1

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
No. First I got my PGWP + two VR for the kids (we applied together), a month later, my husband got his OWP
Thank you for responding.
I feel aliitle better.
I am in panic mode

Sam2412

Feb 5, 2021
Is anyone waiting for a decision on BOWP from December? I applied in the first week of Dec 2020 and still haven't received any message!

I just thought not to disturb them by calling or raising webform because of the impact of COVID on them! Anyone waiting from December?

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Is anyone waiting for a decision on BOWP from December? I applied in the first week of Dec 2020 and still haven't received any message!

I just thought not to disturb them by calling or raising webform because of the impact of COVID on them! Anyone waiting from December?
I am waiting from nov 17 th!

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
My PGWP expires on June 27,2021.. I have already applied for PR on May 19,2020 and it’s still in progress.. My spouse has OWP expires on the same day as mine June 27,2021... Now I am eligible to apply for both BOWP or PGWP Extension( I prefer PGWP extension as it has a validity of 18 months and its independent of PR)
Can you please suggest which one to apply and can I add my spouse as well in my PGWP extension application ?
If I can apply, what are the documents I need to provide them ?
Note: I am in NOC A level job for more than 2 years now.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone,
My PGWP expires on June 27,2021.. I have already applied for PR on May 19,2020 and it’s still in progress.. My spouse has OWP expires on the same day as mine June 27,2021... Now I am eligible to apply for both BOWP or PGWP Extension( I prefer PGWP extension as it has a validity of 18 months and its independent of PR)
Can you please suggest which one to apply and can I add my spouse as well in my PGWP extension application ?
If I can apply, what are the documents I need to provide them ?
Note: I am in NOC A level job for more than 2 years now.
You can apply for either work permit. Better to apply for pgwp extension as it gives you for 18 months as BOwp is good for 1 year.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html