+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

selena_0105

Feb 13, 2021
AOR- 05/14/20
BOWP-05/22/20
BIOMETRICS REQUEST - 05/23/20(BOWP)07/06/20(PR)

NO FURTHER UPDATES YET
Current PGWP expires this month end..
I'm post ITA and my husbands work permit expires March 21. Our appointment for medical exam is on March 16. Do you think we will fall short of time of applying for BOWP before his current work permit expires?

gagan.dutta01

Aug 1, 2020
I'm post ITA and my husbands work permit expires March 21. Our appointment for medical exam is on March 16. Do you think we will fall short of time of applying for BOWP before his current work permit expires?
Applying BOWP is not a time consuming. You can apply even a day before your work permit expires but why you want to wait till that long?

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
to be eligible for BOWP - primary applicant has to have a valid and *not expired Work Permit*. hence apply anytime between "4 months till expiration" and "expiration date". Once current wp expires, one can't apply for bowp/wp, only for 'restoration of status' which is a different story. Don't let it expire!

astar33

Dec 17, 2020
Did anyone else get a "WP-EXT only except PGWP" letter on their BOWP application?

I'm a CEC PR applicant (AOR Nov 2020) currently on an IEC open work permit.

18 Feb - Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
18 Feb - Submission Confirmation letter (AoR?)
20 Feb - WP-EXT only except PGWP letter

The letter says:
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number Uxxxxxxxxx as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until 20 June 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
Is this just confirming I have implied status? The BOWP application itself still only has "submitted" status and the eligibility review has not started.

Last edited:

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Did anyone else get a "WP-EXT only except PGWP" letter on their BOWP application?

The letter says:

Is this just confirming I have implied status? The BOWP application itself still only has "submitted" status and the eligibility review has not started.
everyone gets that. Yes, that means *when* your current WP expires, you can still work as it was until a decision appears.

Reactions: astar33

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
I applied for a PGWP (and received it after 90 days), not BOWP. He applied for BOWP since he is our primary applicant for PR.
Thank you. Did they process both applications at the same time?

tj_sf

Nov 18, 2020

The letter says:

Yes, but they'll also approve and send you an actual WP in 30 days-40 days

Here is my BOWP time line.
Summitted application - Jan 4th 2021
WP ext only except PGWP. - Jan 8th 2021
Submission confirmation (was confused about this one) - Feb 7th 2021
Approval Letter - Feb 9th 2021
Received it in mail - Feb 18th 2021

If they could process my PR this fast that'd be great (July 02 2020 - AOR)

Reactions: AnVo and astar33

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Hello Friends,

I am planning to submit my PR application soon, I have a closed work permit that is valid until 2022. Can I still apply for BOWP after receiving AOR?

Thanks in advance!

ajitmc

Feb 18, 2021
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
What happens after BOWP approval? Do we get a new WP document? What about visa in the passport?

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Hello Friends,

I am planning to submit my PR application soon, I have a closed work permit that is valid until 2022. Can I still apply for BOWP after receiving AOR?

Thanks in advance!
you can apply for BOWP when Expiry Date on your current WP is less than 4 months ago. You do not need to apply before that.