+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

ah0909

Jan 12, 2021
November 1st submitted. refused today. Not technically BOWP as dont have PR AOR because it's a paper application and is taking so long.

Vessela

Jan 17, 2019
My husband's BOWP got approved today!!!:)(BOWP applied October 27), still no email, but online account says approved!

We are a special case, since we asked to link his BOWP (which hadn't been started to processed) to be linked to the new PR application, since the first one got rejected as incomplete. We were missing a document that was not giving us any points, :(but anyway... We applied again Nov29 (new profile, new IELTS again). Meanwhile, we applied as well for a SOWP for him, because I have applied for a PGWP and work in a NOC B and just had received the 3 payslips. His WP expired Nov 30, and he is the provider for the family, so very important to continue working.
In December I got my PGWP and the kids got their Visitor Records, (it took 95 days). Now I can breathe at least :) We lost 255$ for the SOWP, but I am happy to have status at least until beginning of December (his passport expires then). Actually they approved the BOWP (and not the SOWP), so could I expect that the PR application has passed some stages? It has Medical passed two days ago. I hope it is a good sign!!!

I hope everyone gets their BOWP and PR approved soon! Happy and healthy new year to all!

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
My husband's BOWP got approved today!!!:)(BOWP applied October 27), still no email, but online account says approved!

We are a special case, since we asked to link his BOWP (which hadn't been started to processed) to be linked to the new PR application, since the first one got rejected as incomplete. We were missing a document that was not giving us any points, :(but anyway... We applied again Nov29 (new profile, new IELTS again). Meanwhile, we applied as well for a SOWP for him, because I have applied for a PGWP and work in a NOC B and just had received the 3 payslips. His WP expired Nov 30, and he is the provider for the family, so very important to continue working.
In December I got my PGWP and the kids got their Visitor Records, (it took 95 days). Now I can breathe at least :) We lost 255$ for the SOWP, but I am happy to have status at least until beginning of December (his passport expires then). Actually they approved the BOWP (and not the SOWP), so could I expect that the PR application has passed some stages? It has Medical passed two days ago. I hope it is a good sign!!!

I hope everyone gets their BOWP and PR approved soon! Happy and healthy new year to all!
Happy for you. If you dont mind can you let us know what doc was it that was missing? Even I deliberately didnt provide a doc that was awarding me no points

Vessela

Jan 17, 2019
Happy for you. If you dont mind can you let us know what doc was it that was missing? Even I deliberately didnt provide a doc that was awarding me no points
Sure: For the "spouse education", for my Canadian education we only uploaded the Graduation letter from the college in Canada, as I hadn't receive the Certificate at that point, and without explaining it in the LoE. We made a big PDF and the main thing in it was my Masters degree from my home country (with WES and translation), which gave us the 10 points as I am the spouse of the principle applicant - my Canadian certificate doesn't give us any points, it is one year.
It appears that we had to explain that in the LoE, but it seemed so obvious then...
I really hope our PR gets approved this time, it's been a long process and so much hope, time and money...

ah0909

Jan 12, 2021
Did you got rejected? Why didn’t you applied for pt application?
Work permit was refused today. We had submitted a paper based PR application in September and so do not have AOR yet as it's taking about 7 months from AR to AOR. Some supporting documents were sent via web form weeks ago and so I guess they didnt get these or didnt look at them and therefore refused the work permit application.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Work permit was refused today. We had submitted a paper based PR application in September and so do not have AOR yet as it's taking about 7 months from AR to AOR. Some supporting documents were sent via web form weeks ago and so I guess they didnt get these or didnt look at them and therefore refused the work permit application.
When was your pr application received? Did you got aor ? What did you sent through webform? Supporting documents?

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Hey @swapanathorat I found out this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit/changing-employment.html

Public policy exception are for people changing jobs under closed work permit to closed work permit.
BOWP is Open WP. So it goes like Closed to Open WP, which is not covered by Public Policy exemption.

For BOWP, we don't need to attach job offer. We need job offer only when we are trying to change to new employer (this is also to be mentioned in the IMM 5710, second check box) and you are requesting for public policy exemption via web form.

Did you send them a web form to request such exemption under BOWP application?
No I have not