+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
I submitted my bowp application on December 20th and have only received the confirmation of online application transmission receipt. Should I be concerned, has anyone else experienced similar case?

PS. I called ircc last Friday and was told that they are in the process of sending out the AOR and the Work Permit Extn and I should be getting it any minute now. But, isn't this part of the process an automated one? My pgwp expired Dec 24th and I am on implied status.
I submitted on Jan 8th but I also didn't receive any confirmation PDF. My visa expire this week.
So, the ircc said you just have to wait to get the letter?

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
it wasn't immediate for me, took a few days. That gap may have widened in your case due to the holidays.

before I got the ext notice, I was concerned as my visa was expiring so I called and explained. The agent emailed me a sort of official description of implied status and confirmed the receipt of my application. Said I could give that to my employer if there was any doubt about my implied status on their part. A couple of days later the ext file was in my account (this was right before christmas).
I also received that email when I called in December about a day before my pgwp expired. I just thought by now I would have received it. What was your AOR for bowp?

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
I submitted on Jan 8th but I also didn't receive any confirmation PDF. My visa expire this week.
So, the ircc said you just have to wait to get the letter?
They mentioned that there was delay due to Covid. It's been 25 days for me and still waiting. My PR isn't even making any progress since MEP mid November 2020. I guess it's just a waiting game

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
They mentioned that there was delay due to Covid. It's been 25 days for me and still waiting. My PR isn't even making any progress since MEP mid November 2020. I guess it's just a waiting game
Hey, you mentioned the above that you got some email (description of implied status) after called IRCC, is it helpful? should I call them to get the email?

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Hey, you mentioned the above that you got some email (description of implied status) after called IRCC, is it helpful? should I call them to get the email?
It depends if your employer ask for it. In my case, I was just in the process of changing jobs. My current employe at the time didn't ask for one but my new employer asked for proof of my continuing legal status.

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
It depends if your employer ask for it. In my case, I was just in the process of changing jobs. My current employe at the time didn't ask for one but my new employer asked for proof of my continuing legal status.
Oh, I understood! Thanks for sharing your experience. There's no choice but to wait now..

Reactions: Patiently_pr

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
I also received that email when I called in December about a day before my pgwp expired. I just thought by now I would have received it. What was your AOR for bowp?
I think it's probably just snarled up in holiday period delays, maybe give them a call if you don't have it by end of jan?

I applied for BOWP on dec 14th, got the eletronic receipt immediately but not an AOR like with PR app which I assumed was the process to expect. I called them the day after and had the above conversation. The agent emailed me the notes to hold me over that same day. My visa expired on the 19th, and I think I got the EXT in my account that same expiry day (probably a coincidence). the EXT confirmed implied status for 4 months.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
I think it's probably just snarled up in holiday period delays, maybe give them a call if you don't have it by end of jan?

I applied for BOWP on dec 14th, got the eletronic receipt immediately but not an AOR like with PR app which I assumed was the process to expect. I called them the day after and had the above conversation. The agent emailed me the notes to hold me over that same day. My visa expired on the 19th, and I think I got the EXT in my account that same expiry day (probably a coincidence). the EXT confirmed implied status for 4 months.
Yes that's the plan. I'll check back with them by end of January if I don't get anything by then.

CECapplicant2020

Jul 17, 2020
Hi all,

BOWP approved for myself and my spouse.
PR AOR: Aug 26
BOWP applied: Nov 7th
Approved: Jan 14.

I have a few questions for next steps.
1) We only received an update on the cic account stating that our applications were approved but I did not receive any correspondence letter. Will I receive a letter soon?
2) Will my new WP sent to me via mail? If yes, how long it might take?
3) Does BOWP approval mean, my PR application has passed Eligibility check stage?

Thanks in advance.

chhatbarjignesh

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
Hi all,

1) We only received an update on the cic account stating that our applications were approved but I did not receive any correspondence letter. Will I receive a letter soon?
3) Does BOWP approval mean, my PR application has passed Eligibility check stage?

Thanks in advance.
See response as per my knowledge
1. Not sure about the letter but you will receive a work permit in the mail
2. you will receive WP via mail. Nowadays its taking time to stay put
3. Your BOWP approval doesn't mean you passed Eligibility check stage

Ruch3108

Dec 30, 2020
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
What was your VO office

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi Everyone,
We are still waiting for approval - fingers crossed that it will be happening soon.

CEC inland
PR AOR: Sept, 11
BOWP applied: Nov, 14
Primary applicant: inland.
Dependent applicant: outland.