Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Got approved on oct 14th and recieved the mail on oct 22nd i live in scarborough also depends on location.
Did you get a refund for bowp biometrics fee.
BOWP was approved yesterday evening (Oct 22)

Applied: May 28, 2020
CEC inland
Biometrics was exempt - gave biometrics for PR on Oct 13, 2020
BOWP approved; Oct 22, 2020
I applied for BOWP on June 18 and i just got to know that it got approved today .So basically ,it took 4 months and 4 days to process the application.Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get your work permit in mail?When can I expect that document in my hand ?

aravindanil

Mar 2, 2016
No none just got a correspondence letter today about my biometrics validity (provided on October14th for my Permanent residence application and that they are valid until October 14th, 2030). After two hours of that I got an email saying there is a message in your account. When I logged in it my application was changed to approved.
When your biometric shows competed on October 14 you receive any Application/Updated on status??

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
When your biometric shows competed on October 14 you receive any Application/Updated on status??
After I gave my biometrics on October 14th. It was updated in both my PR application and my BOWP application after about half an hour. But no I didn't get any ghost update or email notification.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Did you get a refund for bowp biometrics fee.
I didnt got any refund of biometric fee and on top of that i also selected for TRV which allows u to travel outside canada but with the paper copy they mail you that is not accepted to travel outside canada when u want to re enter only US immigration will accept..that is 100 bucks and i didnt even get passport request for that ...

But whatever im not even worried about that 185 bucks now im waiting for Service canada call to finish the PR processing..Once it is done im not even worried if they dont refund the money..

Reactions: Angel1113

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
So here I m seeing that may applicant mostly getting bowp approval. Also June applicants are now getting. Anyone from April who's application is still not approved

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
*URGENT* PLEASE REPLY
I have another question... my onsite assignment has ended on 10th of this month but my workpermit (closed, intra company transferee) is valid till February 2021.
Can i apply for bowp now? One of the lawyer said that even if i have valid work permit till 2021, as my assignment has ended, i cant apply for bowp, also should leave canada or get a visitor visa.

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
*URGENT* PLEASE REPLY
I have another question... my onsite assignment has ended on 10th of this month but my workpermit (closed, intra company transferee) is valid till February 2021.
Can i apply for bowp now? One of the lawyer said that even if i have valid work permit till 2021, as my assignment has ended, i cant apply for bowp, also should leave canada or get a visitor visa.
From reading different threads on the forum about this subject, I believe you would be able to remain in Canada with the closed work permit until its expire date (only thing is that you can't work with any other employer). Regarding applying for Bowp, if you meet all the requirements you would be able to apply for it (requirements: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html). Observe that in the requirements it says that you should have a valid work permit (closed or open) when u apply for the Bowp not that you should be necessarily working.

Anyway, it's probably better to consult some good immigration consultant and/or immigration lawyer. I can recommend this one: https://jpimmigration.com/ (you can send this question to him through his website).

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi guys anyone who applied for BOWP TRV(visa stamping on passport) along with BOWP and got any updates after BOWP approval? I mean without TRV you cant travel in and out of canada just the paper copy they mail us wont be accepted as visa right for travel purposes..Can you guys update whoever is waiting for it or got any info regarding it im trying to call IRCC if they have any alteration as they are not doing any Passport requests even for PR.

Sameer.Raje

Jun 19, 2020
Hey Guys, a Doubt, My Open Work Permit expires on FEB 24/2021, So will be applying for BWOP next week. My AOR is on Sep 22/2020 (CEC Inland). Could someone provide me help with IMM5710 Q3. "I Am applying for one or More of Following?
1. Apply for Work Permit with Same Employer
2. Apply for Work Permit for first time or with a new Employer
3. Restore my status as a worker
4.Get a New TRV

I am confused Between Option 1 to 3? ... If Anyone could help me with this?
Thank you

Reactions: nyiable

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
My OPW is expired mid Feb 2021 but PR status is pending final decision. Should I wait or apply for BOWP now guys? Thank you!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
My OPW is expired mid Feb 2021 but PR status is pending final decision. Should I wait or apply for BOWP now guys? Thank you!
You will likely receive your PR before February.It doesn't hurt to apply for BOWP as well, you will receive the $255 refund if you receive your PR before then.

I applied for my BOWP a few weeks ago.

Reactions: nyiable