+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Prithvikp

May 13, 2019
Hi,
I applied for my BOWP on Feb 13th 2022 and still waiting for decision. Anyone with same timeline got any updates from CIC?

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hey everyone, Had a quick question regarding pgwp extension policy that has been released recently.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/measures-post-graduation-work-permits-temporary-resident-permanent-resident-pathways.html

Does this apply for BOWP applicants as well? I had a PGWP earlier (expired in 2020) and got it extended last year (which is expiring in Sep 2022). I already have an application for open work permit extension in process, was wondering if this public policy is applicable for me? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My current WP has expired. I'm currently working on "Maintained" status, as BOWP application is in-process.
I need to urgently leave Canada for two months & then come back, which should be possible as my VISA expires in year 2031.

Two questions:
1) Before leaving Canada, do I need to resign from my company? Is that the ONLY way to proceed?
2) On returning, can I join and resume work with my same company, if BOWP application still remains in-process?

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

krithishankar

Star Member
Nov 20, 2021
Hi everyone, I had a question regarding travel while my BOWP application is in processing. My current work permit is valid until Sep 2022. I have plans to travel to the US in August and I'm planning to return back a week before my current work permit expires. I have already applied for my BOWP in May 2022 and it's still in processing.

I wanted to know if there would be any issues while re-entering at the immigration and to continue to work in Canada when I have only couple days validity left in my permit. Any thoughts or similar experiences would be really helpful here.

Thanks!

Reactions: Armstrong17

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
For those who are waiting for their PR for more than 2 years, I suggest you take the mandamus route.
My lawyer submitted it a week ago and today I saw some progress. Someone finally re-opened our app.

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
Hi Everyone,

My current WP has expired. I'm currently working on "Maintained" status, as BOWP application is in-process.
I need to urgently leave Canada for two months & then come back, which should be possible as my VISA expires in year 2031.

Two questions:
1) Before leaving Canada, do I need to resign from my company? Is that the ONLY way to proceed?
2) On returning, can I join and resume work with my same company, if BOWP application still remains in-process?

Thank you so much!
I am on a similar boat, can you please let me know what approach you are taking?

anilch

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2011
Doc's Request.
sent along with the application
IELTS Request
If you are in Canada, once you send the details, they will send a PR portal link to confirm your address and upload a photo for PR Card.

anilch

Star Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Yes. Passport is requested to stamp a visa necessary to enter into Canada.

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
You will need a valid visa, as long as you have a valid visa, you can reenter and work on maintained status.
I am in the same situation! My work permit and TRV expire on December 14 and already applied for extension and got the maintained status letter! I would like to leave for 15 days and get back on November 14. Am I going to lose the maintained status after work permit expiration? Any past experience!
Is it going to affect family here in Canada as I am the main applicant?