+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

veronvillanueva30

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
I had the same update about 3 weeks ago. Sorry to keep your hopes up but that update doesn't mean approval is coming soon.
Yea I figured. As I haven’t gotten approval yet. Following the previous trend here though for most people after getting this particular gu they get approval a day after. I wonder what’s the hold up for us?

veronvillanueva30

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
Hello, I applied for a bowp in December of 2021 and have yet to receive my owp. I just realized upon checking again the documents I submitted that I have submitted the form IMM5257 (Temporary Resident Visa form made outside canada) I thought that it was also needed as beside it there was a note showing “require” so I submitted it along with the other documents/forms. I realized I don’t need it since i’m applying from inside Canada and I’m not flying out anytime soon. Wondering if that’s the reason why my bowp is taking longer than usual? Don’t know what to do at this point. Does anyone have a similar experience? Can I send a webform LOE stating the mistake and that I don’t need a TRV for my BOWP application?

Prithvikp

May 13, 2019
Anyone here who applied for BOWP in February 2022 got approval? Just trying to get an idea of approx processing time. Thanks

rkukretti

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hi All,

I am CEC Inland single applicant with AOR date 18th September 2021. As per GCMS Notes, my Security is not started and Criminality is in Progress, rest everything is passed. My OWP is expiring on 29th July 2022 and I need to apply for BOWP as processing time of CEC application is now 11 months and not expecting anything before expiry of my OWP. My query is Apart from imm5710e, Passport with stamped pages, photo and AOR copy, anything else I need to upload like IELTS result and/or my last open work permit?.

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
App
Anyone here who applied for BOWP in February 2022 got approval? Just trying to get an idea of approx processing time. Thanks
Applied Jan 27 and no updates yet. Day 150 (per the IRCC website) would be the 25th for me which is a holiday weekend ugh

rkukretti

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Can someone help me, which option to select?. I am CEC Single Inland applicant with AOR Date 18th September 21 (Criminality & Security Pending). My post graduate work permit (PGWP) is expiring on 29th July 2022. I have changed the job post submission of my PR CEC application.

1) A Work Permit with the same employer.
2) An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer

Thanks in advance.

Tonylongnz

Apr 11, 2022
BOWP applied: December 3, 2021
BOWP approved: May 9, 2022

got bowp for 2 years until April 2024.
Did your physical BOWP get sent to you yet? We got our approval letters about 2 months ago and still haven't recieved the actual permits. Super annoying because our health cards and drivers licenses have expired

Tonylongnz

Apr 11, 2022
Has anyone else experienced a delay in getting the actual physical work permits sent to your address? We've been waiting 2 months after receiving the approval letters! Health cards and drivers licenses have expired!

veronvillanueva30

Star Member
Sep 30, 2021
Did your physical BOWP get sent to you yet? We got our approval letters about 2 months ago and still haven't recieved the actual permits. Super annoying because our health cards and drivers licenses have expired
Yup the physical work permit was mailed to me 5 days after I got the approval letter.