+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Because you are in an unfortunate backlog. Everything you listed is similar to what many 2020 CEC applicants endured. A lot of August 2020 applicants only JUST got their PR in the last few months. There are STILL applicants form 2019 waiting on any sort of movement. IRCC sat on lots of backlogged files. Dunno what else to tell you.

PS: R10 and Eligibility are not the same thing. R10 (completeness) happens first, and Eligibility happens later, and is a completely different stage of the process.
Yeah that's the issue on my app. GCMS notes says R10 is in progress under GROUP NAME section.
Eligibility, security not started, info sharing is complete but criminality is in progress. However, isn't weird that they started criminality and completed info sharing if we haven't provided our biometrics yet. They never issued a BIL up until today.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yeah that's the issue on my app. GCMS notes says R10 is in progress under GROUP NAME section.
Eligibility, security not started, info sharing is complete but criminality is in progress. However, isn't weird that they started criminality and completed info sharing if we haven't provided our biometrics yet. They never issued a BIL up until today.
The pandemic messed a number of stages up. As such, Info Sharing and Criminality can in fact begin even in the absence of biometrics (and a successful R10). The former uses info shared by the Five Eyes group of countries (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.) Biometrics are the easiest way for them to get this info, but it can be done without it.

Criminality is assessed using the police certificate(s) you provided.

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
The pandemic messed a number of stages up. As such, Info Sharing and Criminality can in fact begin even in the absence of biometrics (and a successful R10). The former uses info shared by the Five Eyes group of countries (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.) Biometrics are the easiest way for them to get this info, but it can be done without it.

Criminality is assessed using the police certificate(s) you provided.
Thank you! So I guess the info sharing status on GCMS notes is accurate.

Anyway, just sharing what exactly happened to our inland CEC app..

March 4, 2020: Invitation to apply (477 CRS score)
May 29, 2020: Got our AOR but the police certificates we submitted are expired; we can't get new ones because offices in our country were closed for several months.
July 16, 2020: IRCC requested for Additional Family Info (IMM5406)
November 3, 2020: IRCC requested for new police certificates
December 28, 2020: Submitted valid police certificates

After this, no movement at all. No biometrics request letter, no feedback if we passed medical or not.
Called IRCC back in June and they said our medicals got extended until July 2021. Still no movement on our file.
Reached out to local MP. MP followed up several times until they reached their allowed number of calls to IRCC.

Sept 11, 2021: Applied for BOWP
Up until now, BOWP is not yet issued.

ttejinder

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Can some one help me with this, I am so tensed , I have applied BOWP in last week of august 2021 and I have not received any reply yet. when i see the status online its says we will send you message when we start reviewing your application. Latest update Review of medical result feb 21,20222 you passed the medical exam.
last week i called ircc agents and he told me they are checking the eligibility check, once its approved they will issue. I do not have the medical card its expired with my other work permit . Agent said there is no issue or note on the file .( why there is a different language on the check status online and ircc agent .some one is wrong. and on the ircc call, the audio status says they have not start reviewing your eligibility .

When I asked my PR application( paper based) which i applied on 6 july ,2020 and they said they have not start the eligibility check . they clear the criminality check and not started the security check. Bar says 100 Percent complete..

Is there any link with BOWP eligibility check and PR eligibility check .
What they see in BOWP eligibility check ? why they are taking too long?
Is there any one like me who is waiting or facing the same problem.

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Can some one help me with this, I am so tensed , I have applied BOWP in last week of august 2021 and I have not received any reply yet. when i see the status online its says we will send you message when we start reviewing your application. Latest update Review of medical result feb 21,20222 you passed the medical exam.
last week i called ircc agents and he told me they are checking the eligibility check, once its approved they will issue. I do not have the medical card its expired with my other work permit . Agent said there is no issue or note on the file .( why there is a different language on the check status online and ircc agent .some one is wrong. and on the ircc call, the audio status says they have not start reviewing your eligibility .

When I asked my PR application( paper based) which i applied on 6 july ,2020 and they said they have not start the eligibility check . they clear the criminality check and not started the security check. Bar says 100 Percent complete..

We are both on the same situation except we never saw we passed the medical exam on our PR app. Our BOWP app was submitted on Sep 2021 and no movement at all up until now. We were hoping that the BOWP will trigger them to re-open our CEC PR app, but I guess I was wrong lol

Did they ask you to provide your biometrics?

We haven't provided ours yet because the last time we renewed our closed WP on Feb 2020, they waived the biometrics and they have not requested us to provide one since we applied for CEC PR on May 2020... when I checked if we have biometrics on their record via this tool - https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery - it says "no record found"

We think that could be the issue why our PR app is delayed for 23 months now. Probably, they haven't cleared our R10 completeness check yet as shown on the GCMS notes..

I think since you passed the medical exam on Feb 2022, your file is being worked on and all you have to do is wait for a little longer.
For the health insurance coverage, you can email the eligibility review committee (OERC if you are in Ontario) to request for extension. Just provide your AOR for the BOWP. That's what I did... they extended ours for 6 months from the date our WP expired.

Last edited:

ttejinder

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
Thanks for your reply. i did my biometrics in the beginning and last june 2021 they asked for medical which they passed in july. after that i have not heard any thing.
i am in edmonton(alberta) and I called health alberta for medical and they said they can issue only for 3 months of your expiry date and after that they can provide on special request. they may issue or may not . four months have already passed my work permit expired.
Last week i submitted request to provide for GCMS notes . i do not know how much time it will take.
Basically whet they do in eligibility check on BOWP ?
What is R 10 COMPLETENSS ? I HAVE THE PROPER 8 Digit uci number from the beginning like 2013 when i first received my first visitor visa
What should i do now ?

Please advice..

Hmmm

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022

When you apply for PR under PNP Paper-Based you need to wait for the AOR before applying for a BOWP which takes long time. Did you receive this AOR before applying for your BOWP?

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
yes i submitted my application along with required document including AOR which i received on 13 jan, 2021
Good thing is you are in Canada and can still continue working. Bad news is you have to wait just like me and stay healthy.

There are things we can't control. IRCC appears to be incompetent in terms of prioritization.

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
yes you are right , pray to almighty for the solution .
I noticed my BOWP application was updated today.
From "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility." to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

LOL finally, after 7 months...