BOWP Tracker 2020

tully

Oct 5, 2020
Here is my time line.
PNP applicant with 3 dependents
AOR:7th April 2021
applied for the BOWP :27th April 2021
current WP expires:31st July 2021

My husband's study permit will be expired on 31st July 2021.

Would that be an issue for my BOWP as my husband's study permit expires (he will be applying for the PGWP soon)?

Appreciate your comment

pranzal kothari

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello friends,

I applied under CEC in feb 2020 and still waiting for the PR.

Now my PGWP ( work permit) is going to be expired in next month. So, I want to extend my work permit.

so should i apply for bridging work permit or apply for pilot program?

please help me out in this.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello friends,

I applied under CEC in feb 2020 and still waiting for the PR.

Now my PGWP ( work permit) is going to be expired in next month. So, I want to extend my work permit.

so should i apply for bridging work permit or apply for pilot program?

please help me out in this.
You should apply for PGWP extension as i will give you for 18 months and BOWP is only good for 1 year. Make sure you include letter of explanation that you are applying under new policy for pgwp extension.

Reactions: pranzal kothari

bryheartpizza

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-04-2021
AOR Received.
02-04-2021
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
Submitted BOWP application on April 2. Still haven't received any update, the eligibility review still hasn't started yet even.

Reactions: pranzal kothari

pranzal kothari

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello friends,

what documents do i need to apply for the extension of work permit?

one of my friend is saying that we need job offer letter and job experience letter along with AOR.

So do we relly need job offer letter and job experience letter?

@Miss bee do you have any idea ?

Thanks

manjax23

Oct 25, 2018
@legalfalcon
It has 14 notes in total.
note 1: latest being on mar-21, requesting nominee certificate.
note 2: req received by local MP on mar-2021.
note 3: name of applicant changed. on dec-2020

Followed by all the doc I had submitted
@legalfalcon
1. Is the BOWP processing dependent on PR (PNP) Eligibility? CBSA notes show that the PR Eligibility is "Review Required by the officer".
2. How long does it take for the officer to review the additional docs after they have been submitted?
It been over 47 days since I uploaded the nominee certificate, and around 8 months since I applied.

I'm getting anxious. If at least they process my BOWP, I'll have a valid status.

Reactions: louloulemon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
1. Is the BOWP processing dependent on PR (PNP) Eligibility? CBSA notes show that the PR Eligibility is "Review Required by the officer".
2. How long does it take for the officer to review the additional docs after they have been submitted?
It been over 47 days since I uploaded the nominee certificate, and around 8 months since I applied.

I'm getting anxious. If at least they process my BOWP, I'll have a valid status.
The BOWP has nothing to do with the processing of your EE application. All you need is the following:

If you applied for the Provincial Nominee Program via Express Entry
Who can apply
To be eligible for a BOWP, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have no employment restrictions as a condition of your nomination
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

manjax23

Oct 25, 2018
The BOWP has nothing to do with the processing of your EE application. All you need is the following:

If you applied for the Provincial Nominee Program via Express Entry
Who can apply
To be eligible for a BOWP, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have no employment restrictions as a condition of your nomination
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your application

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
Thanks @legalfalcon.

Reactions: legalfalcon

robkin

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
United States
Since I am obviously a few fries short of a happy meal, I applied for PNP based BOWP for myself on May 6. Then I realized that in order to include my wife I was I think supposed to apply jointly for BOWP and SOWP at the same time. So I filled out another application choosing the correct options this time and paid a second (well, second and third) fee. Then I submitted a web form asking to cancel the original application. Both apps and the web form were filed within a few hours of each other on May 6. On May 7 I got an e-mail back saying a note had been added to the file to withdraw the application. Seemed fine.

My first application changed to eligibility under review on May 8. Then it got approved today May 10.
The second two applications are still untouched (the second BOWP that I didn't request to cancel and the SOWP).

We'll see what happens...

buzzard

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
Hi Guys,
Can anyone of you or @legalfalcon who went through the process of BOWP application help me with these questions. Some of these are a bit generic and not sure if they apply to my case or not.

My current situation is this,
Currently under Employer linked Closed Work Permit and expires in September 2021, Applied for PR under CEC and claiming 50 points for Job offer / Employment.
I have an AOR letter. Medical and Biometrics are completed. And as per the IRCC call center, I've completed the eligibility as well.

Questions from the Initial Questionnaire for BOWP application, and my answers.
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

Yes ( Should I answer this as Yes ? Since I now have an AOR Or Should I answer this as No. ?
Do you have a written job offer?
Yes ( How do I answer this, I do have a job offer letter from my current employer that I used for my PR application ) What should my answer be ?
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

And from the 5710e Application form ( Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker )
Which one should I choose between these two options below ? ( I have no plans of changing my current employment )
Apply for Work Permit with the same employer ?
or
Apply for a Work Permit for the first time or a new employer ?

Under heading Details of Intended work in Canada
Do in need to answer the question, Details of Prospective Employer ( attach original offer of employment ) ? and answer all the questions underneath the heading like employment Location, title, duties, duration, etc. ( questions 2-7).?

Employment ( history)
Do I need to attach a supplementary information in LOE as all of the employment history ( 10 years ) wont fit in the table with 3 columns provided in the form.

Kindly if anyone can respond. Planning to submit the application tomorrow as I have to apply for TRV as well after this which would take another month or two. Thanks in advance

:)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guys,
Can anyone of you or @legalfalcon who went through the process of BOWP application help me with these questions. Some of these are a bit generic and not sure if they apply to my case or not.

My current situation is this,
Currently under Employer linked Closed Work Permit and expires in September 2021, Applied for PR under CEC and claiming 50 points for Job offer / Employment.
I have an AOR letter. Medical and Biometrics are completed. And as per the IRCC call center, I've completed the eligibility as well.

Questions from the Initial Questionnaire for BOWP application, and my answers.
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes ( Should I answer this as Yes ? Since I now have an AOR Or Should I answer this as No. ?
Yes ( How do I answer this, I do have a job offer letter from my current employer that I used for my PR application ) What should my answer be ?
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
Yes

And from the 5710e Application form ( Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker )
Which one should I choose between these two options below ? ( I have no plans of changing my current employment )
or

Under heading Details of Intended work in Canada
Do in need to answer the question, Details of Prospective Employer ( attach original offer of employment ) ? and answer all the questions underneath the heading like employment Location, title, duties, duration, etc. ( questions 2-7).?

Employment ( history)
Do I need to attach a supplementary information in LOE as all of the employment history ( 10 years ) wont fit in the table with 3 columns provided in the form.

Kindly if anyone can respond. Planning to submit the application tomorrow as I have to apply for TRV as well after this which would take another month or two. Thanks in advance

:)
The answer is no. This only done for family class application. AOR does not mean that your application is approved in principle.

YEs

If you did get one.

or
This will depend on your current status in Canada. Are you on a PGWP or WP?

buzzard

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
The answer is no. This only done for family class application. AOR does not mean that your application is approved in principle.

YEs

If you did get one.

or
This will depend on your current status in Canada. Are you on a PGWP or WP?

Thanks @legalfalcon
Looks like if I answer the first question regarding "approved in principle for Permanent Residence" as NO, and Do you have a written job offer as either YES or NO, the questionnaire doesn't give me the BOWP option at all. It asks me to apply for regular work permit. The only time it lists the BOWP option is when I answer the "approved in principle" question as YES. I am currently on a closed WP, employer linked and expires in a couple of months.

Wonder how other members answered these questions. Below is the questionnaire.
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/c2c/eapp.do

Thanks.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thanks @legalfalcon
Looks like if I answer the first question regarding "approved in principle for Permanent Residence" as NO, and Do you have a written job offer as either YES or NO, the questionnaire doesn't give me the BOWP option at all. It asks me to apply for regular work permit. The only time it lists the BOWP option is when I answer the "approved in principle" question as YES. I am currently on a closed WP, employer linked and expires in a couple of months.

Wonder how other members answered these questions. Below is the questionnaire.
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/c2c/eapp.do

Thanks.
You answer YES to “approved in principle”
It is confusing, but that relates to your AOR