+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hi every one. Im applying BOWP and about to apply OWP for my wife as well. As I read from CIC website, "there are no set of preconditions to be met by the principle CEC application". Does that mean my wife could get OWP without any requirements from my current job? I have been workinf as spa manager but due to lock down im unemployed until it's lifted. Any advises?
Many thanks

ashishschdv1

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-02-2021
AOR Received.
25-02-2021
Hi every one. Im applying BOWP and about to apply OWP for my wife as well. As I read from CIC website, "there are no set of preconditions to be met by the principle CEC application". Does that mean my wife could get OWP without any requirements from my current job? I have been workinf as spa manager but due to lock down im unemployed until it's lifted. Any advises?
Many thanks
If you have filed for your PR application and R10 stage is cleared it should not be an issue to get BOWP for you and your spouse . Currently, it is taking 10-15 days to get BOWP approved (Best case Scenario). It took 7 days for me to get BOWP approved in April.

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Quick update for me. My BOWP, my wife's SOWP and my kids' visitor records extension just got approved.

AOR: FEB 24
GU: MAR 20 (I had 4 GUs total, one for each application/family member)
FINAL DECISION: MAR 22

We all have the same expiry date: FEB 20, 2022

I didn't receive any email, I logged in randomly to check the status and saw that all applications were approved.
Hi Friend,
Do you mind if i ask, what do you upload to apply for your spouse OWP along with your BOWP? did you apply both together or separately?
Many thanks

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
If you have filed for your PR application and R10 stage is cleared it should not be an issue to get BOWP for you and your spouse . Currently, it is taking 10-15 days to get BOWP approved (Best case Scenario). It took 7 days for me to get BOWP approved in April.
Thanks but my concern is Am I required to be employed in NOC 0 a or b at the moment? as I mentioned im unemployed until the lock down is lifted. Everyone says I have to be in noc 0 a b for my wife to eligible for SOWP but the website say " there are no set of precondition for cec application" Im just confused
Thank

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Thanks but my concern is Am I required to be employed in NOC 0 a or b at the moment? as I mentioned im unemployed until the lock down is lifted. Everyone says I have to be in noc 0 a b for my wife to eligible for SOWP but the website say " there are no set of precondition for cec application" Im just confused
Thank
Hi Friend,
Do you mind if i ask, what do you upload to apply for your spouse OWP along with your BOWP? did you apply both together or separately?
Many thanks
Hey :) Honestly, I've put a bunch of documents in the application because I was not sure what was necessary since the procedure is pretty generic and not 100% adapted to BOWP and SOWP in the context of CEC PR application.

One thing that I can tell you, is that, as a CEC primary applicant, I didn't have to prove my NOC. I attached a letter from my employer just to confirm that I was employed, and only to support my "available funds" claim, especially for my kids' VR extensions. The letter from my employer didn't contain any information related to the description of my job like it had to the first time we applied for my wife's SOWP, while I was on an IEC OWP.

We applied all at the same time. Just don't forget to explain in your LOE how all the applications are linked together.

Reactions: David1905

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hey :) Honestly, I've put a bunch of documents in the application because I was not sure what was necessary since the procedure is pretty generic and not 100% adapted to BOWP and SOWP in the context of CEC PR application.

One thing that I can tell you, is that, as a CEC primary applicant, I didn't have to prove my NOC. I attached a letter from my employer just to confirm that I was employed, and only to support my "available funds" claim, especially for my kids' VR extensions. The letter from my employer didn't contain any information related to the description of my job like it had to the first time we applied for my wife's SOWP, while I was on an IEC OWP.

We applied all at the same time. Just don't forget to explain in your LOE how all the applications are linked together.
Thanks so much bro for such clear explanation :)

Reactions: mstefan

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Approved today. Here is my time line

AOR 28 March
EXT LETTER 29 March
Approved 28 April.
It's two applications bowp and sowp.
Hopes it helps
Congrats.
Did you apply SOWP together? Do you need to prove job in NOC o a or B? Any explaination on your application because im about to apply both bowp and sowp at the same time but not sure if they are going to approve my wife application since Im unemployed at the moment due to lock down.
Many thanks

Anil_Kumar_1988

Apr 21, 2021
Congrats.
Did you apply SOWP together? Do you need to prove job in NOC o a or B? Any explaination on your application because im about to apply both bowp and sowp at the same time but not sure if they are going to approve my wife application since Im unemployed at the moment due to lock down.
Many thanks
Yes, applied for SOWP together. The document checklist is in the IRCC webpage. I think the basic requirement is, should hold valid nomination from a province. So, if your nomination is valid you can apply. If you correctly select the options in the application questionnaire, then it will allow to apply two application from your profile. Goodluck.

Reactions: David1905

ezhil_10

Mar 31, 2021
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Quick question guys, can we renew the OHIP online, after getting the BOWP? Or we have to visit the service ontario? Thanks!
Work Permit holders and Approved work permit extension holders should visit "Full Service - Service Ontario locations" in person ( after taking appointment) to extend OHIP. I had called service Ontario recently to find out about this. However there is no hurry to renew it immediately on expiry of your OHIP card on the expiry date given in the card, you have months of grace time to renew it with your new status document. Until that your OHIP coverage will still be active. Please call Service Ontario to find out more.

pranzal kothari

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello friends,

I applied under CEC in feb 2020 and still waiting for the PR.

Now my PGWP ( work permit) is going to be expired in next month. So, I want to apply for bridging open work permit.

which documents should I need to apply for BOWP?

please help me out in this.