+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP rejected

Patel281293

Feb 27, 2024
Hi
My BOWP(bridging open work permit) got rejected and the reason mentioned is that I have not submitted my PR application. However, I have submitted my PR application under FSW on 24th November 2023, BOWP submitted on 15th December while my original PGWP expired on 26th January 2024. I have done everything legally and within time range. My biggest concern right now is that I am forced to leave my job. I have filed reconsideration by resubmitting my AOR.
please help
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
My BOWP(bridging open work permit) got rejected and the reason mentioned is that I have not submitted my PR application. However, I have submitted my PR application under FSW on 24th November 2023, BOWP submitted on 15th December while my original PGWP expired on 26th January 2024. I have done everything legally and within time range. My biggest concern right now is that I am forced to leave my job. I have filed reconsideration by resubmitting my AOR.
please help
Thank you.
So you filed under Express Entry and had AOR when you filed for BOWP? If so you did the right thing by asking for reconsideration. Unfortunately if your work permit expired you cannot do anything until your BOWP is approved.

Patel281293

Feb 27, 2024
So you filed under Express Entry and had AOR when you filed for BOWP? If so you did the right thing by asking for reconsideration. Unfortunately if your work permit expired you cannot do anything until your BOWP is approved.
Thank you for your reply. Yes I filed under express entry on 24th November 2023 and AOR is of the same day, by BOWP is of 15th December. Can I work if they again start the file like in processing status or in submitted status? Like can I work if they restart my file or now I have to compulsorily wait till it gets approved?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply. Yes I filed under express entry on 24th November 2023 and AOR is of the same day, by BOWP is of 15th December. Can I work if they again start the file like in processing status or in submitted status? Like can I work if they restart my file or now I have to compulsorily wait till it gets approved?
When did you work permit expire? Unfortunately if your work permit expired, you cannot work.

Patel281293

Feb 27, 2024
When did you work permit expire? Unfortunately if your work permit expired, you cannot work.
My work permit expired on 26th January. I have extended work permit or work permit authorization letter says 16th June 2024 or till the decision is made… now that the decision is made on my BOWP…. Do you think calling them will help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My work permit expired on 26th January. I have extended work permit or work permit authorization letter says 16th June 2024 or till the decision is made… now that the decision is made on my BOWP…. Do you think calling them will help?
Call today for confirmation but BOWP was refused and you are no longer authorized to work or have legal status. You will need to stop working and restore status too.