08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
min2_always said:
Same here mine was rejected and then
I apply for closed wp now i am waiting.
Did you had LMIA for when you applied for closed work permit?

gopsgrg

Aug 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
14-04-2015 (rprf fee,police report,shcedule background)
AOR Received.
15-09-2014
Med's Request
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
30-09-2014
Passport Req..
29-june-2015
LANDED..........
inland
what option did u choose at the begining of the form..
1)workpermit with the same employer 2)an initial workpermit or a workpermit with new employer
3)restoration of your status as worker 3)temporary resident permit.

now i also have AOR and medical did on sep 2014.applied bowp on 21st dec ,i choosed option 2) an initial workpermit or a workpermit with new eomployer.. im still waiting..now im bit scared if i will get rejected aswell..huh

juggy T

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 16 cic pnp category
AOR Received.
30 december 2014
Med's Request
14 january 2015
hachik77 said:
It's written where the name of employer and adress of employer
hi everybody
i applied my bowp last week, im a ainp nominee n i got my nomination in employer driven stream and right now i have closed work permit lmo based. So did i do right thing to applied for open work permit.??

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
I called to CIC today and was lucky to catch a consultant available ( recently they just tell to hung up and try call later). So he told me that without file number I wont be issued BOWP.
But he sais I can still apply for Labour Market Impact Assessment Exemption - Provincial Nominee .

Labour Market Impact Assessment Exemption - Provincial Nominee

Generally, if you want to apply for a work permit, you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada and a job offer letter from your future employer.

As an exception, you can apply for a work permit in Canada without a LMIA if you are a provincial nominee and if you have a:
• Letter from the provincial government (with a certificate number) confirming that you were nominated for permanent residence by the province,
• Job offer from an employer based in that province, and
• Statement from the province that it has determined that all factors required for the issuance of a work permit as per its agreement with Canada have been met, and identifying the occupation and employer information.

Now I am confused about the "Statement from the province that it has determined that all factors required for the issuance of a work permit as per its agreement with Canada have been met, and identifying the occupation and employer information."
I will have to call again I guess...

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
I just want to put it out there that if you have a Post-Graduate Work Permit that is expiring, you do not need an LMIA! You did not initially get your job as a part of LMIA. Now this may be different for those who came to Canada on different programs as a skilled worker. But as Anatalia said above, you only need a letter confirming your nomination from the PNP office of your provice/file number and an application for a CLOSED work permit.

Anatalia, I believe the last point is to put the pressure and responsibility on provinces for making sure that there is no misrepresentation and that the necessary due diligence has been completed to make sure that the employer, the job and the employment overall is according to requirements set initially.

On a different note, it has become clear to me that you will be rejected if you apply for an open work permit! Unless they make a mistake and give it anyway.. It has come up multiple times on this forum that you have to apply for closed work permit no matter what if you are in an employer-driven stream.

I have a post-grad work permit that is open right now but when I apply for an extension/bridging work permit it will be for a CLOSED one. Because I am no longer entitled to the luxury of having an open work permit that PGWP afforded me. It is clearly stated in multiple sources from CIC to PNP website that you are not to change jobs or be laid off, otherwise your nomination may be in jeopardy. Why would they give an open work permit to someone in order to allow them to reside in Canada until their PR application is finalized, if the application itself depends on the individual staying with the same employer permanently and full time?!

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
kelbc said:
I just want to put it out there that if you have a Post-Graduate Work Permit that is expiring, you do not need an LMIA! You did not initially get your job as a part of LMIA. Now this may be different for those who came to Canada on different programs as a skilled worker. But as Anatalia said above, you only need a letter confirming your nomination from the PNP office of your provice/file number and an application for a CLOSED work permit.

Anatalia, I believe the last point is to put the pressure and responsibility on provinces for making sure that there is no misrepresentation and that the necessary due diligence has been completed to make sure that the employer, the job and the employment overall is according to requirements set initially.

On a different note, it has become clear to me that you will be rejected if you apply for an open work permit! Unless they make a mistake and give it anyway.. It has come up multiple times on this forum that you have to apply for closed work permit no matter what if you are in an employer-driven stream.

I have a post-grad work permit that is open right now but when I apply for an extension/bridging work permit it will be for a CLOSED one. Because I am no longer entitled to the luxury of having an open work permit that PGWP afforded me. It is clearly stated in multiple sources from CIC to PNP website that you are not to change jobs or be laid off, otherwise your nomination may be in jeopardy. Why would they give an open work permit to someone in order to allow them to reside in Canada until their PR application is finalized, if the application itself depends on the individual staying with the same employer permanently and full time?!
Well, when you call AINP office, they CLEARLY state that you are entitled to BOWP even in employer-driven stream as the certificate doesn't have any employment restriction even thought it has the initial employer information. So go figure.

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
kelbc said:
it all sounds reasonable and understandable. However agent with AINP over the phone has told me that I do not need any letter of support. :-[
Will have to call again them.. and I am sure they will say again, that I don't need it...

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Phil89 said:
Well, when you call AINP office, they CLEARLY state that you are entitled to BOWP even in employer-driven stream as the certificate doesn't have any employment restriction even thought it has the initial employer information. So go figure.
yeah, exactly...

Anatalia

Jun 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
Anyone can call CIC again to check these 2 different infos?
I just wont be able to call tomorrow before 4 pm, and after they closed.

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Phil89 said:
Issue was raised by an apparent consultant in another thread... Don't get me wrong, I understand that's what PNP offices are saying but CIC is doing its own thing from all the BOWPs being refused recently.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Check under Bridging work permit: Eligibility parameters under the note with the blue background. This is what the lady below talks about. Technically, all our employer-driven nominations have a restriction by employer, NOC and job. Anyone of those change, nomination can be withdrawn

BOWP sabotage by CIC

« on: December 22, 2014, 12:40:07 pm »
Hello there,

I am an Immigration consultant in BC. I had applied numerous times for Bridging Work Permit in behalf of my clients. Most of them are TFW in the entry-level/semi skilled category (they usually required an LMIA to come and work in Canada), therefore employer restricted.

It was until the last couple of months that my client's work permit are being refused because according to them, the BC PNP Certificate of Nomination states the name of the employer that nominated my client. CIC thinks that by showing an employer name and NOC number that means they are restricted, therefore my client's BOWP are being refuse. I am wondering why those certificates worked for several months and OWP were approved and now they don't, although they look exactly the same.

Can somebody explain me who will be able to obtain a BOWP from now on? Who would qualify?

I would like to know how many of you are in the same situation, I would like to gather enough evidence to provide my local MP office with this type of case, I would like to see if CIC can provide an explanation on the real use of a BOWP from now on.

Thanks in advance.

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Anatalia said:
it all sounds reasonable and understandable. However agent with AINP over the phone has told me that I do not need any letter of support. :-[
Will have to call again them.. and I am sure they will say again, that I don't need it...
At the same link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp) under Bridging work permit: Eligibility parameters, it says the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging permit. The last point states:

•provincial nominees who have not submitted a copy of their nomination letter with the application for a bridging work permit, or whose nomination letter specifically indicates employment restrictions.

Does this mean a letter might not be needed but just the nomination with CIC file number is enough?