+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Online Application - Passport pages

intermingle

Jan 4, 2013
Hi All,

I submitted my BOWP application online a week ago. I completed the forms and have my AOR number.
However, I just now realized that you are supposed to submit all of the pages with stamps on your passport. I didn't do this - I only submitted the page with my picture, DOB, etc on it.
Will this be a problem? Should I cancel this application and send in a new one?

Any advice is very much appreciated! My IEC visa expires in a few days so I am tight on time.

Thanks

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NO worries . That's ok. Did you submit the currently work permit? if you submit that fine for the process.

intermingle

Jan 4, 2013
No, I didn't send my current work visa, it wasn't requested.
I applied online and supplied my client number. There was nowhere to put the work permit.
Have I done this wrong?

xihy06

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2013
Doc's Request.
10-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
09-Oct-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
Med's Done....
Upfront 01-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
27-May-2014; VO change Req.:28-May; Confirmation Rec.: 12-June
intermingle said:
No, I didn't send my current work visa, it wasn't requested.
I applied online and supplied my client number. There was nowhere to put the work permit.
Have I done this wrong?
I think you should be fine.
I was told by an agent that only the biodata page of passport is good enough, even though the guide asked all stamped pages. The current work permit was not requested either on the online application but most applicants uploaded it together with the explanation letter. It's not mandatory and I think VO can check your status with your UCI.

As there is nothing we can do after the online submission so just dont worry and wait patiently...

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that's fine..no worries. if they need something for authentication. They will contact you back.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi Intermingle

When you applied BOWP, is there any check point on the validity of your current work permit? Few blogs claim that the online application for a BOWP after Sep 19th, 2013 seems to have a mandate against 4 months of current work permit validity. Is that true?

Please see the below links to differentiate the rules before Sep 19th and after Sep 19th. I was able to trace the original bulletin on the initial BOWP that was introduced last year. Following is the link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

New bulletin (Dated 19th September)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

You can check the difference between these two links. There was no explicit mentioning about “Qualify” criteria and “Do not qualify” criteria with the initial bulletin. Now it all comes down to playing with fortunes for an individual, if the current WP is valid for more than 4 months. Unfortunately I am one of them :)

Regards,
Kunishsa