+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - March Applicants

tomca

Mar 4, 2013
Thanks Amisnic, but if I choose this position, then after few questions I get to choose one from three options: IEC work/holiday; IEC young profes..; IEC internat.. . Jesus Christ, what is wrong there with that system, it's so difficult to do simple things? I applied last year through CEC program and now I just need a new work permit to wait for the decision and PR. If I'll choose one from those three options, then I will need to send them documentation about IEC, not CEC. Bridging open work permit is my destination.

jayvyas

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney & CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
File Transfer...
23-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
14-08-2015
I am March 13 applicant still no news yet :( :( :(

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Are you currently in Canada?

tomca said:
Thanks Amisnic, but if I choose this position, then after few questions I get to choose one from three options: IEC work/holiday; IEC young profes..; IEC internat.. . Jesus Christ, what is wrong there with that system, it's so difficult to do simple things? I applied last year through CEC program and now I just need a new work permit to wait for the decision and PR. If I'll choose one from those three options, then I will need to send them documentation about IEC, not CEC. Bridging open work permit is my destination.

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
Hello, all.

I haven't been on canadavisa for awhile since it makes me more nervous as looking all different cases and stories.
But i've been waiting since March 17th of my BOWP (applied for my partner as well)

Any news?
CIC website says will take 64days yet they're still working on March 4th applications.
Should i wait 2 more days? or wait till the working on date changes as march 17th?

Wishing everybody the best luck! :)

tomca

Mar 4, 2013
Yes. 4years almost. When I sent documentation to CIC last year, after that applied for new work permit and got it next month basically (for one year). My work permit is going to expire on July. Still waiting for medical request, so that process will take more than two months and I really need to get one more work permit (BOWP) and wait. I just don't remember how I did last year, I know it was online, same MyCIC, just old account. I don't want to send them papers by mail, it would take much more time, than online. But how to do that? It's so confusing. But I need it anyway. I appreciate and thank you for any help.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
This is how you have to answer the questions:

What would you like to do in Canada?

Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Temporarily - more than 6 months

What is the country/territory of your passport?

Pakistan

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.

Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

No

What is your date of birth?

May 22, 1968

Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?

No

Modify my Answers

What is your current immigration status in Canada?

Worker

Modify my Answers

Modify my Answers

Does one of the following apply to you?
•I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable

•I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or

•I am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; or

•I am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; or

•I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
•I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).
Yes

Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
•Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;

•Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;

•Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;

•Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
•Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
•a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement

•a military personnel assigned to Canada

•a participant in professional sports activities or events

•an employee of a foreign news company
•a religious worker
No

Modify my Answers

What is your marital status?

Married

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.

BC

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?

No

Modify my Answers

When does your status in Canada expire?

Date

July 17, 2015

Modify my Answers

Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?

Yes

Modify my Answers

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?

No

Modify my Answers

Are you giving someone access to your application?

No

Modify my Answers

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?

Yes, I will be paying my application fees.

Modify my Answers

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?

Yes

Modify my Answers

Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you need a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.

Yes

tomca said:
Yes. 4years almost. When I sent documentation to CIC last year, after that applied for new work permit and got it next month basically (for one year). My work permit is going to expire on July. Still waiting for medical request, so that process will take more than two months and I really need to get one more work permit (BOWP) and wait. I just don't remember how I did last year, I know it was online, same MyCIC, just old account. I don't want to send them papers by mail, it would take much more time, than online. But how to do that? It's so confusing. But I need it anyway. I appreciate and thank you for any help.

tomca

Mar 4, 2013
Same results :(
There is no question: "When does your status in Canada expire?" instead of this I got again three options from IEC.
I guess I will go somewhere for consultation. It's weird, so weird! But it is what it is. Thanks for trying to help ;)

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Let's do this offline - send me an email through the "inbox" and forward me your country of birth, WP expiry and DOB, we can do the questionnaire and get you your code

tomca said:
There is no question: "When does your status in Canada expire?" instead of this I got again three options from IEC.
I guess I will go somewhere for consultation. It's weird, so weird! But it is what it is. Thanks for trying to help ;)

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Are you from a country which reciprocates with Canada for under 35s on IEC - i.e. such as Ireland?

If so, just fiddle with the DOB to get over 35 to get a code and then explain in your cover letter.

tomca said:

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Good morning Team.

Any good news today?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Anyone with any, any news?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Jeeeesus, what the hell is happening. They were processing 4th March on 8 May. Looks like they have stopped altogether.

DesiTorontino said:
Not yet

My Spouse spoke to CIC call center. They do not have access to any application after 4th March.
Was not very helpful