+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

HLONDONH

Mar 15, 2017
JamesMM said:
It can take up to a day but my aor came in after about 2 hours.

And sorry to hear about your situation. I wish I could give you some advice on your situation but I don't know the rules that well.

Thank you for your reply. If I received ITA yesterday, it would've worked out perfectly because I have all documents scanned and ready to be attached, so I would've been able to apply BOWP as soon as I submit my application and receive AOR. I know it varies in terms of the timing of receiving AOR, so I thought I would ask. For my friend, it only took 2 mins and my other friend said one week, so I was just curious about your case. Thanks!

JamesMM

Mar 13, 2017
HLONDONH said:
Thank you for your reply. If I received ITA yesterday, it would've worked out perfectly because I have all documents scanned and ready to be attached, so I would've been able to apply BOWP as soon as I submit my application and receive AOR. I know it varies in terms of the timing of receiving AOR, so I thought I would ask. For my friend, it only took 2 mins and my other friend said one week, so I was just curious about your case. Thanks!
I would definitely wait for a senior to reply but my suggestion for your situation is to apply for a visitor visa that allows you to stay in Canada but not work until your pr is approved. Also in the past there has been draws on Fridays but you never know. Keep us posted!

HLONDONH

Mar 15, 2017
JamesMM said:
I would definitely wait for a senior to reply but my suggestion for your situation is to apply for a visitor visa that allows you to stay in Canada but not work until your pr is approved. Also in the past there has been draws on Fridays but you never know. Keep us posted!
Yes I will for sure. I have been refreshing CIC website like god knows how many times. Probably every 30 seconds from 8am to 5pm yesterday and today. I am so exhausted and dying to get this over with. Thank you for your information tho! :)

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
adaytoremember said:
You'll probably need to show them proof that you are legally allowed to keep working (you've applied for a BOWP, show them the law regarding implied status), that's what I had to do. It really isn't a problem, the only sticky situation is if you're trying to change jobs while on implied status.
Okay Thanks.

And did your company kept on paying you the same way as before (e.g direct deposit to your bank) or did they have to give you cheques in this time?

saccon

Mar 14, 2017
JamesMM said:
Received my second BOWP today. Applied for bowp on Feb 7th. AOR Jan 31st
Was your BOWP application put on hold before it was approved? My AoR is Feb 3rd and applied for BOWP on Feb 7th, but it got on hold yesterday (38 days). I am trying to track down how longer it will take. Thanks.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
hasankhan27 said:
Okay Thanks.

And did your company kept on paying you the same way as before (e.g direct deposit to your bank) or did they have to give you cheques in this time?
The exact same way as before, absolutely nothing changed.

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
BOWP Approved for myself and my Wife

Applied on 9th Feb, 2017
Application Number generated on 10th Feb, 2017
Approved : 17 March, 2017.

Regards,
Sid

JamesMM

Mar 13, 2017
saccon said:
Was your BOWP application put on hold before it was approved? My AoR is Feb 3rd and applied for BOWP on Feb 7th, but it got on hold yesterday (38 days). I am trying to track down how longer it will take. Thanks.
It was approved right away, never on hold

Jago88

Jan 5, 2017
saccon said:
I am in the same boat...

Submitted PR 6th Jan, Submitted BOWP 7th Jan. Was put 'on hold' on Feb 13th and still nothing.

To make matters worse I have a work trip to go on to the USA 23rd April but my company have given a deadline of April 1st for it to come through or they are going to send somebody else

saccon

Mar 14, 2017
Jago88 said:
I am in the same boat...

Submitted PR 6th Jan, Submitted BOWP 7th Jan. Was put 'on hold' on Feb 13th and still nothing.

To make matters worse I have a work trip to go on to the USA 23rd April but my company have given a deadline of April 1st for it to come through or they are going to send somebody else
In your case I'd call them and ask what's going on. I'll give another two weeks and if nothing changes I'll call. The whole point is to let you work while PR is being processed, not to have another application that take as long as PR.

mvempr

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 14th 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 8 2017
Nomination.....
Sept 29th 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 10th 2016
Med's Request
December 19th
Med's Done....
March 13th
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
May 15th
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
My work permit is about to expire in June. I am planning to apply for Bridging open work permit. I have "NO" in restrictions on employment in BC PNP. But I have employer name and NOC code on my PNP. Am I eligible for Bridging open workpermit. I am confused?

Need some clarification?

Thank you,

saccon

Mar 14, 2017
mvempr said:
My work permit is about to expire in June. I am planning to apply for Bridging open work permit. I have "NO" in restrictions on employment in BC PNP. But I have employer name and NOC code on my PNP. Am I eligible for Bridging open workpermit. I am confused?

Need some clarification?

Thank you,
Have you tried to reach the office that issue the nomination for you? They would give you the proper answer. I can say that you would be eligible for BOWP, based on your info, but not 100% sure. Other people can give their opinions later. Did your AoR letter that you qualify for a BOWP? cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hello everyone,
(Asking this question on behalf of a friend)

He is on a closed work permit and may need to apply for an extension, his work permit is not LMIA supported. He will be applying based on an AOR from an ITA he will get through EE.

Can he apply for an open work permit or would he need to apply for a closed work permit under the same employer?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Honey7949

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
AINP: June 25, 2015, CIC: January 27,2017
Doc's Request.
January 05, 2017
Nomination.....
January 05, 2017
AOR Received.
March 15, 2017
Hi experts, just wondering how did you made a single pdf file(AOR, PNP, WP) ?
Did you just copied the contents and pasted in MS WORD and saved as a pdf file ?
Considering we can modify/edit after pasting in MS WoRD, is it an issue ?
I cannot keep the exact font style/font size in MS WORD as it looks in PNP email. Does that matter ?
If I directly try to print and then scan in the PNP certificate from the email, the Alberta government logo does not get printed
What to do? Confused.