+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Khu12345 said:
Hello Guys,

I have a question on BOWP and would appreciate any advise. After following the process step by step, as mentioned in this post, i am getting an option to either apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Open work permit however, no where it says "bridging work permit". Any advise on which option should I select for bridging open work permit.

Thanks
There is no BOWP specific application. You will apply for a normal work permit. When you have your work permit approved, the paper will say that its expiry date should be considered also for your TRV.

JT231016

Apr 2, 2017
Hello Experts,

New to the forum and I have a question, while filling IMM5710E under the Background Information Question 2c asks if I have previously applied to enter or remain in Canada. I know it is a bit of a silly question for me to ask I mean of course applied hence applying for the extension but what kind of details do I need to enter in the box. Someone please help

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
JT231016 said:
Hello Experts,

New to the forum and I have a question, while filling IMM5710E under the Background Information Question 2c asks if I have previously applied to enter or remain in Canada. I know it is a bit of a silly question for me to ask I mean of course applied hence applying for the extension but what kind of details do I need to enter in the box. Someone please help
You answered the question yourself already. Check that box and write that you have applied to enter or remain in Canada. Maybe you even give a few extra info such - "applied to enter Canada as a student and applied to remain in Canada with a PGWP".

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
JT231016 said:
Hello Experts,

Just briefly in one line indicate what type of applications you have applied before e.g study permit, student visa etc.

JT231016

Apr 2, 2017
cmoncanada said:
You answered the question yourself already. Check that box and write that you have applied to enter or remain in Canada. Maybe you even give a few extra info such - "applied to enter Canada as a student and applied to remain in Canada with a PGWP".
Thank you very much :) And also I have read several posts regarding Q3 where it asks to select same employer, initial application or with a new employer. What is the correct one for this?

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
JT231016 said:
Thank you very much :) And also I have read several posts regarding Q3 where it asks to select same employer, initial application or with a new employer. What is the correct one for this?
I had the same question before and asked my lawyer about it. She told me to choose work permit with the same employer - because it was not an initial application since I had one before (PGWP). Later on the form, you will choose "open work permit"... and that would allow you to work with any company.

JT231016

Apr 2, 2017
cmoncanada said:
I had the same question before and asked my lawyer about it. She told me to choose work permit with the same employer - because it was not an initial application since I had one before (PGWP). Later on the form, you will choose "open work permit"... and that would allow you to work with any company.
Thanks you very much, 1 last question if you don't mind please. Do you suggest attaching a PNP (AINP) letter under the letter of explanation if I have received an AOR that I am already putting on file? Please advise, Thanks in advance!

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hello Friends,

Need an advise.

I'm on ICT WP and is valid till 14th April 2018. Now my company is planning to relocate back to India.
MY PR is in progress. I received the AOR on Feb 06th 2017. I know that we can apply for BOWP before 4 months of expiry.

So I wanted to know if by any chance are there anyone who were able to get the BOWP even before their WP expires I.e. having a validity of >4 months.

Or are there any other ways of staying back in Canada.

Appreciate your valuable feedbacks.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
santoshreddyc said:
Hello Friends,

Need an advise.

I'm on ICT WP and is valid till 14th April 2018. Now my company is planning to relocate back to India.
MY PR is in progress. I received the AOR on Feb 06th 2017. I know that we can apply for BOWP before 4 months of expiry.

So I wanted to know if by any chance are there anyone who were able to get the BOWP even before their WP expires I.e. having a validity of >4 months.

Or are there any other ways of staying back in Canada.

Appreciate your valuable feedbacks.
I believe you can stay till your visa expires, but will not be able to work for anyone else. If you have the means to sustain a living in Canada, I guess you can stay till you receive your PR results.

Consult some of the senior members on this forum, although I am fairly certain you can do this.

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
mdeep83 said:
I believe you can stay till your visa expires, but will not be able to work for anyone else. If you have the means to sustain a living in Canada, I guess you can stay till you receive your PR results.

Consult some of the senior members on this forum, although I am fairly certain you can do this.
Thanks mate.
I think this applies even though I resign my company as that's the only way I can use to stay in Canada.

mdeep83

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
08-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-03-2017
santoshreddyc said:
Thanks mate.
I think this applies even though I resign my company as that's the only way I can use to stay in Canada.
Yes...after you resign...like I said...I suggest you consult experts like jes_ON on the forum before making a final decision.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
JT231016 said:
Thanks you very much, 1 last question if you don't mind please. Do you suggest attaching a PNP (AINP) letter under the letter of explanation if I have received an AOR that I am already putting on file? Please advise, Thanks in advance!
I was in the same situation. I didnt attach my AINP letter so the imm officer doesnt get confused. However, I mentioned it in my LOE that I recieved my AINP, but did not apply for BOWP through it.

Raj846

Apr 6, 2017
Raj846 said:
Hi All,

I just want to share my Timeline.

App BOWP on Feb24th

Approved on 6th Apr

PR file under provincial Nominee. I didn't have an AOR But I did linked my file and send the File# in the explanation letter than I have contacted CIO for giving me an AOR. Finally they issued AOR last week and BOWP got approved..

Good Luck All.... GOD is Great. Just Trust him..

Jago88

Jan 5, 2017
Got my BOWP approved

Submitted PR Jan 6th
Submitted BOWP Jan 7th
BOWP Put 'On Hold' Feb 13th
BOWP Approved April 5th

In Ontario, online method