+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

rcpcanada

Dec 2, 2014
I don't have a valid TRV, my Current closed work permit expires on April 10th, and I'm leaving Canada on Feb 13th, I got the AOR on Feb 6th and applied for Online BOWP on the same day.
Couple of questions:-

1) Am I still eligible for BOWP? if so will that be approved? I'm not sure if it will be approved because I'm leaving Canada before my BOWP is approved.
2) If I'm lucky and my BOWP is approved, then can I apply for TRV from India?

Please help me.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
applied bowp paper based , app received nov 27, approved on feb 2nd, bowp recevied by mail on feb 10 .
took eact 72 days as states on the website, got a full year work permit

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
Hi

BOWP applied online January 5, 2015
Approved : February 2, 2015
Got in the mail today BOWP : February 10, 2015

Goodluck to all applicants :)

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
rcpcanada said:
I don't have a valid TRV, my Current closed work permit expires on April 10th, and I'm leaving Canada on Feb 13th, I got the AOR on Feb 6th and applied for Online BOWP on the same day.
Couple of questions:-

1) Am I still eligible for BOWP? if so will that be approved? I'm not sure if it will be approved because I'm leaving Canada before my BOWP is approved.
2) If I'm lucky and my BOWP is approved, then can I apply for TRV from India?

Please help me.
When are you planning to come back , coz I believe on the basis of closed WP which u have valid till April , they wont let you board from India (I BeLeiVE u hv Indian passport) , about trv from India , I read in a post somebody got it from there , but m not sure how it works , I would say call cic once and see what they say , ur bowl will be 100% approved , but again if u don't have trv , you wont be allowed to board d plane.

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
maria_786 said:
applied bowp paper based , app received nov 27, approved on feb 2nd, bowp recevied by mail on feb 10 .
took eact 72 days as states on the website, got a full year work permit

Maria did u applied for same employer or new employer ?
And have u got air prior to applying bowl or u applied bowl widout aor.

rcpcanada

Dec 2, 2014
Hi AJ28, thank you very much for your updates, if I update CIC that im leaving canada then they will cancel my BOWP right, not sure if my understanding is correct. If they reject also im fine, I'm worried if this BOWP rejection will have any implications on my ongoing PR, please let me know if you have any details.

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
rcpcanada said:
Hi AJ28, thank you very much for your updates, if I update CIC that im leaving canada then they will cancel my BOWP right, not sure if my understanding is correct. If they reject also im fine, I'm worried if this BOWP rejection will have any implications on my ongoing PR, please let me know if you have any details.

I didn't say tell them , just call cic and ask them if can trv be applied from India , if yes how , and I don't think anything will effect pr application.

rcpcanada

Dec 2, 2014
So you mean to say no need to update CIC, but if they come to know that not in canada then that will be a problem right, I don't know much about this process and so I'm trying to understand the process of BOWP, please help

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
rcpcanada said:
So you mean to say no need to update CIC, but if they come to know that not in canada then that will be a problem right, I don't know much about this process and so I'm trying to understand the process of BOWP, please help

To the best of my knowledge - Yes
And max problem is - u wont be allowed to re-enter until u get pr .

And bowp is same like regular work permit , conditions n everything, only difference it needs a pr application already filled , idk how urgent is it to go to india , but m pretty much sure , if you apply TRV ONLINE tomorrow , you will hv it by first week of march and then u can come back even 2 days before ur trv xpires for current wp

ms.reannox

Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.10 2014, Charged Dec 17, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Jan. 16 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015 reached Ottawa
File Transfer...
RPRF Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 16, 2015; Uploaded Mar 23, 2015; 3rd Line: Mar 30, 2015
Passport Req..
May 26, 2015
minsky said:
Hi

BOWP applied online January 5, 2015
Approved : February 2, 2015
Got in the mail today BOWP : February 10, 2015

Goodluck to all applicants :)

Just what i was looking for. Congrats to your BOWP. :) hopefully i will be approved to.

SAK1979

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Guys

I have a few questions about BOWP and TRV

- My closed work permit expires in the mid of August '15 and I am expecting AOR (fingers crossed) by end of Feb. Can I apply for BOWP straightaway (more than 5 months before existing WP expiry) as soon as I have AOR in hand? I know that they ideally expect you to apply within 4 months of WP expiry but I cannot wait till April to apply as I may be asked to return to my home country sometime soon by my company.

- Provided I can do the above and somehow also get the BOWP approved, can I also apply for TRV right away (almost 5 months before expiry) ? The issue is I need to go out of Canada due to personal reasons and be able to come back on BOWP. I read that I will not allowed to board the flight if I do not have a valid TRV, even if I have a valid BOWP.

- If I have a valid BOWP+valid TRV, can I re-enter Canada without a Canadian job offer?

koolbhas88

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-OCT-2014
AOR Received.
10-FEB-2015
Med's Done....
14-MAR-2016 Upfront
Passport Req..
30-MAR-2016
SAK1979 said:
Guys

- My closed work permit expires in the mid of August '15 and I am expecting AOR (fingers crossed) by end of Feb. Can I apply for BOWP straightaway (more than 5 months before existing WP expiry) as soon as I have AOR in hand? I know that they ideally expect you to apply within 4 months of WP expiry but I cannot wait till April to apply as I may be asked to return to my home country sometime soon by my company.

- Provided I can do the above and somehow also get the BOWP approved, can I also apply for TRV right away (almost 5 months before expiry) ? The issue is I need to go out of Canada due to personal reasons and be able to come back on BOWP. I read that I will not allowed to board the flight if I do not have a valid TRV, even if I have a valid BOWP.

- If I have a valid BOWP+valid TRV, can I re-enter Canada without a Canadian job offer?
I have the same situation here. I got my AOR. My Closed WP and TRV both expiring on 31st July but I am leaving Canada on March End. Now if I want to come back can I re-enter Canada without a Canadian job offer ?

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
SAK1979 said:
Guys

U can apply bowl 4 months before 15th August.
The day u have extended WP in hand u can apply trv, even u can aply trv on your current WP , and go home country and come back

If u hav valid trv and valid close WP or bowl (open WP) , u r allowed to enter Canada.
Job offer doesn't matter in case of open WP , however in d case f close WP m not sure.

U will get trv only if you hv a valid status in Canada , so as long as u hv trv u r gud to return back.

AJ28

Dec 1, 2014
koolbhas88 said:
I have the same situation here. I got my AOR. My Closed WP and TRV both expiring on 31st July but I am leaving Canada on March End. Now if I want to come back can I re-enter Canada without a Canadian job offer ?

Koolbhas , m nt sure bout your situation , I would say call cic and confirm , and make sure u call thrice , coz sometimes different ppl tell different stuff .

I would say apply bowl if no urgency to goto india , and then apply trv , roughly it might take 50-80 days in whole process but that will gv u valid status Fr next 1 year, but again u can't apply bowl until only 4 months r left on ur visa