+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
I got my BOWP 3-4 days ago . I applied on paper in last week of September and got little earlier than their posted 54 days timeline . There was NO approval email though.

On a separate note:-
Just wondering does anybody know validity of BOWP if they refuse your PR which was basis of getting your BOWP ?
I think BOWP should still be valid Right !!. I asked coz I don't see this anywhere on the cic site FAQ etc.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lrow said:
I got my BOWP 3-4 days ago . I applied on paper in last week of September and got little earlier than their posted 54 days timeline . There was NO approval email though.

On a separate note:-
Just wondering does anybody know validity of BOWP if they refuse your PR which was basis of getting your BOWP ?
I think BOWP should still be valid Right !!. I asked coz I don't see this anywhere on the cic site FAQ etc.

The BOWP will be valid until the date printed on your WP.

Konkanasetty

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2013
AOR Received.
02-06-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014(chest x-ray was pending due to pregnancy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back with Visa Stamping on 17-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-0ct-2014
Hi ,

I have a PNP nomination from one of the province. In form IMM5710E, under "Details of Intended work in canada" I have checked the option
"Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial nominee program" as YES.

Does the immigration consular, issue BOWP restricted to respective province, which I have been nominated for?

In this forum, in one of the post, someone got BOWP restricted to work only in one province , and he/she cannot work anywhere else in canada.

Please give me your thoughts, how I can proceed with my application. I need BOWP to work anywhere in canada.

xymonkeant

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2013
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
Konkanasetty said:
Hi ,

I have a PNP nomination from one of the province. In form IMM5710E, under "Details of Intended work in canada" I have checked the option
"Have you been issued a certificate under the provincial nominee program" as YES.

Does the immigration consular, issue BOWP restricted to respective province, which I have been nominated for?

In this forum, in one of the post, someone got BOWP restricted to work only in one province , and he/she cannot work anywhere else in canada.

Please give me your thoughts, how I can proceed with my application. I need BOWP to work anywhere in canada.
According to Operational Bulletin 485-A – September 19, 2013

PNP

When issuing a bridging open WP to an applicant for permanent residence under the PNP, the Employment Location on the WP must be restricted to the nominating province. Therefore, the Province of Destination must be selected and then the City of Destination value should be selected to show the province/territory NES. For example:

Province of Destination: AB
City of Destination: Alberta NES

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
Hi All

I just got my WP approval. I am so happy to see it. Literally I can not explain how much happy I am. Even my wife started dancing looking at the document :)

Even then the suspense in my life still remains a little bit, looking at the message I have on myCIC. It says Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR. I am not sure if it is BOWP or a closed permit, though I am positive because I had applied for BOWP.

Following is the message I have in my CIC.

Dear

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact CIC.

Type: Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR
Validity: <date>

This letter is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to remain in Canada.

Sincerely,
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
**This is an automatically generated letter and does not require a signature.**

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
kunishsa said:
Hi All

I just got my WP approval. I am so happy to see it. Literally I can not explain how much happy I am. Even my wife started dancing looking at the document :)

Even then the suspense in my life still remains a little bit, looking at the message I have on myCIC. It says Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT-PROR. I am not sure if it is BOWP or a closed permit, though I am positive because I had applied for BOWP.

Dear

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact CIC.

This letter is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to remain in Canada.

Sincerely,

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa
Hi Kunishsa,

Would you please provide info on how do you get it ? Did you had just offer letter or you did anything extra ? Also what you have written on explanation letter ? I think you are the case where WP was valid for >4 months

Thanks

JLCanada

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-May-2013
AOR Received.
19-June-2013
kunishsa said:
Hi All

Dear

Sincerely,

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa
Hello

Congratulations!!

Can you let me know when you applied for BOWP please?

Thank you

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
JLCanada said:
Hello

Congratulations!!

Can you let me know when you applied for BOWP please?

Thank you
Hey JLCanada

Thanks a lot. I had applied on 8th November, 2013.

Regards,
Kunishsa

JLCanada

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-May-2013
AOR Received.
19-June-2013
Processing times for online application for BOWP shows 7days.

Does it mean 7 business days? or just Monday to Monday?

And 7days shoud be counted from the date modified like on 20th of Nov.?

It has been 8 days since I applied through online but no message yet.

Thank you.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
JLCanada said:
Processing times for online application for BOWP shows 7days.

Does it mean 7 business days? or just Monday to Monday?

And 7days shoud be counted from the date modified like on 20th of Nov.?

It has been 8 days since I applied through online but no message yet.

Thank you.
You must get it today or tomorrow. Most of the applicants who meet all the criteria for getting a BOWP are getting in 4-5 days. You need not to worry if you do not fall under special scenario like "No AOR" / "more than 4 months validity" etc.

Cheers,
Kunishsa

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
kunishsa said:
Hi All

Congrats !! :) . You were worried a lot as I could see .
Dear

Sincerely,

Thanks & regards,
Kunishsa

JLCanada

Nov 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-May-2013
AOR Received.
19-June-2013
kunishsa said:
You must get it today or tomorrow. Most of the applicants who meet all the criteria for getting a BOWP are getting in 4-5 days. You need not to worry if you do not fall under special scenario like "No AOR" / "more than 4 months validity" etc.

Cheers,
Kunishsa
Thank you for your comment.

I have received AOR and less than 4 months validity.

Konkanasetty

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2013
AOR Received.
02-06-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-08-2014(chest x-ray was pending due to pregnancy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back with Visa Stamping on 17-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
17-0ct-2014
Thanks for the info xymonkeant.

I have got nomination from the province where I am currently living. But I haven't submitted the nomination to cic yet. So, do I still need to select the option as YES? That I have been nominated for the pnp.

FYI: I have got AOR under CEC, just as a 2nd option I applied for provincial nomination and I have got the nomination from the province I live. I am waiting for CEC decision.

glanda

Jul 23, 2013
kunishsa said:

Cheers,
Kunishsa
T_T I applied my BOWP last Monday, 18th, November... Hasn't received any comment, and gave a call to CIC. The representative said that they haven't open the files who submit application on 18th yet... They are still working on Nov 7th... Is it true?

Ok, I just called the CIC again, and the auto reply said yes, my application was approved. Does it mean that I got the work permit?
Thank you~~