+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

spring.bustle

Star Member
May 26, 2012
If you applied electronically, you'll receive an approval email. Work permit hard copy will reach couple of days after approval letter.

Sukhie said:
Is it 34 days for electronic applications? Do they send approval by mail or by email?

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
jes_ON said:
No worries, "place of issue" is not the same as "country of issue." You wrote the correct name.

Is it a problem if u have filled in your current employer but put in a cover letter indicating you are applying for a BOWP mentioning OB485, attaching your AOR and employment letter?

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
aand said:
MyCIC for online applications has gone all wacky.

I have started my BOWP application a week ago, it is saved on the system but not yet submitted.

Just went into it and it wont let me access my saved application - makes me do the interview again and is now saying I need an LMO!!!

wtf!!
Please go back and check the right option at the bottom for an OPEN work permit. It will then not ask for the LMO. I had the sme issue first time i was trying to do it

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
zeecaniago said:
For those of you who applied online, how do you get your "personal checklist code"? I am stuck in LMO question because I don't have LMO. I thought we don't need LMO to apply for BOWP. Am I right?
ON THAT CHECK LIST DONT CLICK ON WORK PERMIT - SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK ON OPEN WORK PERMIT then u wont have the LMo problem

aquareo

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have few questions about BOWP application which I would like to ask forum members who have received BOWP:
1. I am applying for my wife and myself and was wondering other than the Generic application form 5710E, is there any other form that we need to fill in "individually"?
2. Q3 on the 5710E under I am applying for the following: what should we select?
3. Under the section Details of intended work in Canada what should be filled for Q1 to Q6
4. Do we need to apply for TRV at the same time as we are applying for BOWP or with BOWP in-hand we can apply for TRV?
5. Did anyone fill out the Schedule 1 form?

Thanks in advance!

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aquareo said:
Hi Guys,

I have few questions about BOWP application which I would like to ask forum members who have received BOWP:
1. I am applying for my wife and myself and was wondering other than the Generic application form 5710E, is there any other form that we need to fill in "individually"?
2. Q3 on the 5710E under I am applying for the following: what should we select?
3. Under the section Details of intended work in Canada what should be filled for Q1 to Q6
4. Do we need to apply for TRV at the same time as we are applying for BOWP or with BOWP in-hand we can apply for TRV? - NO ,You need to have BOWP by hand to apply TRV
5. Did anyone fill out the Schedule 1 form? it optional document ,but better to fill as it very simple document

Thanks in advance!
refer the below link for your questions/carifications
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.0.html

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
all my friends, before thinking too much without starting the process will always cause this confusions. Just jump into the process and start the application. Use their online application wizard, which will solve many of your doubts. Based on your answer it will build the required application forms automatically at final. Then we just need to download them, fill it and re-upload.

CIC manuals are very clear and crisp (if you are OK to put some effort to read and benefit from it yourself) Here what I can see is many of us don't want put little effort to understand the basics on such things and get the help only if required. If you ask very basic questions like "how do I apply for BOWP" very unlikely that you will get a good answer (after all nobody is getting paid here to explain that much ;) )

I think details in CIC website and their online application wizard + the links given by canadacec2012 should be good enough to apply BOWP without any confusion.

thanks and all the best...

Update: I am not particularly talking about any of the questions raised in this thread, but generally telling.

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 10, 2014 (received 22/01/14)
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
shibinp said:
all my friends, before thinking too much without starting the process will always cause this confusions. Just jump into the process and start the application. Use their online application wizard, which will solve many of your doubts. Based on your answer it will build the required application forms automatically at final. Then we just need to download them, fill it and re-upload.

CIC manuals are very clear and crisp (if you are OK to put some effort to read and benefit from it yourself) Here what I can see is many of us don't want put little effort to understand the basics on such things and get the help only if required. If you ask very basic questions like "how do I apply for BOWP" very unlikely that you will get a good answer (after all nobody is getting paid here to explain that much ;) )

I think details in CIC website and their online application wizard + the links given by canadacec2012 should be good enough to apply BOWP without any confusion.

thanks and all the best...

Update: I am not particularly talking about any of the questions raised in this thread, but generally telling.
Well said.

rboughton

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2013
Just am double checking... I'm applying via mail, I don't need to send any photos right?

Could I use the COPY of my Stat. Dec. of Common Law Union from my PR application? It's dated 9Nov12

cj308

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
Hi guys,

I want to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. i have a few question, which are as: If anyone has got the BOWP and aware about filling up the form, could you please let me know as well.

1. whether am eligible to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit or not?
Note: My online Canadian Experience Class PR Application status = Application Received. They received my application on 1st march. And I have a confirmation mail from Centralized Intake Office with my Applicaiton no. and acknowledge of fee payment of CEC.

2. As of now, am in Work Permit ( close work permit ) and working and my contract with company is going to expire on 31st July 2013 along with my work permit and visa. While filling the form IMM5710E (Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker)

a. What should i choose from below?
i. A work permit with the same emploer
ii. Restoration of temporary resident status as worker
iii. A work permit with a new employer
iv Initial Temporary Resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

b. Do i have to provide present Employer detail on "Details of Intended Work in Canada", as my contract is going

to expire on 31st July and applying for Open Work Permit.

3. Do my spouse to fill separate form. As of now, she is with me in Visitor?

*cj308*

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
rboughton said:
Just am double checking... I'm applying via mail, I don't need to send any photos right?

Could I use the COPY of my Stat. Dec. of Common Law Union from my PR application? It's dated 9Nov12
Correct, no photos needed. Don't know the answer to your second question unfortunately!

Mandy_Morgan

May 22, 2013
Hello,

Could you tell me how does it work for the Health Insurance in Quebec on the BOWP case?

I read the RAMQ website, but it's not clear about bridging... Will I lose my Insurance?

BAK123

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
spring.bustle said:
If you applied electronically, you'll receive an approval email. Work permit hard copy will reach couple of days after approval letter.
What about if you applied by mail? Is there any approval email before the hard copy is sent out?

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
BAK123 said:
What about if you applied by mail? Is there any approval email before the hard copy is sent out?
I am not sure, but I'd assume so. Don't they state that they will send communication via email if you write down your email address? I applied via mail as well.