+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Mandy_Morgan

May 22, 2013
I called RAMQ today. They asked for my AOR, CSQ and Work Permit to evaluate the situation. They said that if I bridge to a OWP I'll lose my heath insurance.

What r u guys doing about this?

Mandy_Morgan said:
Hello,

Could you tell me how does it work for the Health Insurance in Quebec on the BOWP case?

I read the RAMQ website, but it's not clear about bridging... Will I lose my Insurance?

bruno123

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
16-04-2013
File Transfer...
RCMP Request : 18-Nov-13
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passports Received 14-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
15-01-2014
Applied for BOWP on 30th April2013 for myself and spouse. (online application). Received them on 4th June. No prior email notification.
Got the hard copy directly in mail

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 10, 2014 (received 22/01/14)
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
bruno123 said:
Applied for BOWP on 30th April2013 for myself and spouse. (online application). Received them on 4th June. No prior email notification.
Congrats! :)

cgbp

May 25, 2013
Hi Bruno123,

Please help by providing the details..!

1) Question No#3 I have given as "A work permit with New Employer" and in Section "Details OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA" I have given as Open Work Permit for Question NO#1 - Is this correct.

2) Only 5710E is enough or we have to submit IMM5409 also..!

2) Could you please provide the format of the Letter that you have written to them.

3) What are the documents you have submitted online (Passport Copies, Photos...)..!

Thank you,

LCM21

May 1, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
Med's Request
December 13, 2013
Med's Done....
January 10, 2014 (received 22/01/14)
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 8, 2014
cgbp said:
Hi Bruno123,

1) Question No#3 I have given as "A work permit with New Employer" and in Section "Details OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA" I have given as Open Work Permit for Question NO#1 - Is this correct.

2) Could you please provide the format of the Letter that you have written to them.

3) What are the documents you have submitted online (Passport Copies, Photos...)..!

Thank you,
Answers to all of these questions can be found in this thread already.

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
My BOWP Application has been submitted today! The wait begins!!
(My WP expires August 26th)

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgbp said:
Hi Bruno123,

Thank you,
pls refer this one

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.0.html

mightydone

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2012
AOR Received.
07/12/2012
IELTS Request
19/10/2012
Med's Request
18/10/2013
Med's Done....
25/10/2013
Interview........
None
bruno123 said:
Hello Bruno123,

I was t to apply for bowp and I also want to include my husband. He does not reside in Canada, would that be a problem?

Thanks for your help.

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
It shouldn't be a problem, I had the similar doubt, my family is in India. I called CIC, initially the executive told me that it is not possible and they have to apply from India, then I said that, CIC online application letting me do that and it automatically selects the form "application made outside Canada" for my family and for me it is selects normal application (application inside the Canada). Then he asked me to hold and checked with someone and told me that it is possible no worries.

If you are doing online application (highly recommended), you have to choose NO for "Is your dependent is in Canada" and/or country of current residence = wherever he is (don't remember exact question, but it something like this), based on that, finally it will build your application forms online. Then download them, complete it, upload it back. You will also see "family rep. form", download that, email to your husband, ask him to fill it and sign and scan back to you (you can also fill and send him, then he only need to sign and send back to you) Upload that also. Please note, you need not take printout of any main forms if you are doing online, just fill it and upload it back. DOES NOT NEED TO SIGN IT as you are signing electronically. However family rep. form we have to do as I explained above.

Also upload a Letter of Explanation that your applying for BOWP and attach AOR email received from CIC.

Just start online application, you will understand it. Everything clearly mentioned there. All the best.

mightydone said:
Hello Bruno123,

I was t to apply for bowp and I also want to include my husband. He does not reside in Canada, would that be a problem?

Thanks for your help.

mightydone

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2012
AOR Received.
07/12/2012
IELTS Request
19/10/2012
Med's Request
18/10/2013
Med's Done....
25/10/2013
Interview........
None
shibinp said:
It shouldn't be a problem, I had the similar doubt, my family is in India. I called CIC, initially the executive told me that it is not possible and they have to apply from India, then I said that, CIC online application letting me do that and it automatically selects the form "application made outside Canada" for my family and for me it is selects normal application (application inside the Canada). Then he asked me to hold and checked with someone and told me that it is possible no worries.

If you are doing online application (highly recommended), you have to choose NO for "Is your dependent is in Canada" and/or country of current residence = wherever he is (don't remember exact question, but it something like this), based on that, finally it will build your application forms online. Then download them, complete it, upload it back. You will also see "family rep. form", download that, email to your husband, ask him to fill it and sign and scan back to you (you can also fill and send him, then he only need to sign and send back to you) Upload that also. Please note, you need not take printout of any main forms if you are doing online, just fill it and upload it back. DOES NOT NEED TO SIGN IT as you are signing electronically. However family rep. form we have to do as I explained above.

Also upload a Letter of Explanation that your applying for BOWP and attach AOR email received from CIC.

Just start online application, you will understand it. Everything clearly mentioned there. All the best.
Woah thanks Dude, One last questions, should i apply for just TRV for him or work permit. I hope he get the TRV as it will be a dream come true for us. in your own case, how did it work. Was your familyy memember application redirected to india or what. Thanks

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
mightydone said:
Woah thanks Dude, One last questions, should i apply for just TRV for him or work permit. I hope he get the TRV as it will be a dream come true for us. in your own case, how did it work. Was your familyy memember application redirected to india or what. Thanks
As per my opinion, go for visitor (TRV) for your husband, because the moment you select WP for him also, then it will ask you to fill further detail like LMO etc. Then we need to tell everywhere that it is for BOWP so no LMO etc. I initially started my online application with WP selected for my spouse, then realized the above things and thought this may cause confusion and unnecessary complications, hence changed my family to visitor visa. So no worries! After all if everything goes fine everyone will get PR before the expiry of BOWP so it is not really needed unless your husband have some job offers for that he need a WP.

Having said all these, I guess it is absolutely OK to apply for WP also for him, it is your call.

My application is still in progress (some other things also going with that), as it is online application I don't think it will forward to India etc. It will be anyway available all over the world, what I am guessing is, when VO pick-up my application for processing, they may ask me/my family to send my family's passports to India Delhi consulate.

shad86

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Hey guys, just for your information.

I applied in May 7th, got my BOWP e-mail today June 11th, valid through 10/4/2014 (would it be October or April?) I'm just waiting for the official paper only.

Also I didn't have any employer nor LMO at the time of my application( not even now) But I had to come back to Canada. Also I send it along the AOR.

Hope it helps, good luck everyone applying.

Best wishes.

mightydone

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTT
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2012
AOR Received.
07/12/2012
IELTS Request
19/10/2012
Med's Request
18/10/2013
Med's Done....
25/10/2013
Interview........
None
shibinp said:
As per my opinion, go for visitor (TRV) for your husband, because the moment you select WP for him also, then it will ask you to fill further detail like LMO etc. Then we need to tell everywhere that it is for BOWP so no LMO etc. I initially started my online application with WP selected for my spouse, then realized the above things and thought this may cause confusion and unnecessary complications, hence changed my family to visitor visa. So no worries! After all if everything goes fine everyone will get PR before the expiry of BOWP so it is not really needed unless your husband have some job offers for that he need a WP.

Having said all these, I guess it is absolutely OK to apply for WP also for him, it is your call.

My application is still in progress (some other things also going with that), as it is online application I don't think it will forward to India etc. It will be anyway available all over the world, what I am guessing is, when VO pick-up my application for processing, they may ask me/my family to send my family's passports to India Delhi consulate.
One more question for you, on the additional information about family that husband needs to fill,should i make him principal applicant or how will that work.. I myself do not need to apply for trv since i am in Canada. i checked that trv box but mycic reject it and said if i want to apply for visa, i should use paper form. the form the system gave my husband to fill is Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257). pls advice.

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
mightydone said:
One more question for you, on the additional information about family that husband needs to fill,should i make him principal applicant or how will that work.. I myself do not need to apply for trv since i am in Canada. i checked that trv box but mycic reject it and said if i want to apply for visa, i should use paper form. the form the system gave my husband to fill is Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257). pls advice.
for his form, he is the principal applicant and you are the dependent/spouse (if it is family information form)