+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
markk308 said:
I applied for my BOWP through the online application and never received any notifications other than the confirmation message stating that I have applied.
Might have been caught by your spam filter? You can check that as well as your MyCIC inbox.

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied on 1st April 2013 lets see how it goes? I am scared n exited

pistolero

Apr 7, 2013
Hi markk308,

could you please let us what additional documents (documents not asked for in the supporting documents) you had uploaded while submitting your online application for BOWP?

irishgirlTO

Feb 9, 2013
For question 3 on the BOWP application form, what do you put?

I am applying for one or more of the following:

A work permit with the same employer

A work permit with a new employer

Restoration of temporary resident status as a worker

Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Can somebody. Please. Post the sample explanation letter. I need that badly.also which forms did you. All. Submit? How did you attach the. Photos?

Thanks.

GinnyPi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yamahar1 said:
Can somebody. Please. Post the sample explanation letter. I need that badly.also which forms did you. All. Submit? How did you attach the. Photos?

Thanks.
The only required information is to indicate that you are applying for a bridging open work permit as per OB485, and that you have submitted a CEC application and received an AOR. Be sure to request an open work permit on the application form, and you can indicate your CEC file number in the explanation letter. No special format required.

The need for the explanation letter is simply because the OB states that a bridging work permit should only be issued if the applicant specifically requests it.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Yamahar1 said:

Thanks.
Everyone's situation is different so we would all have a different version of our explanation letter.
If you read the BOWP checklist, you would know which forms to submit.

As we mentioned earlier (even though it wasn't mentioned, it would be a precautionary safeguard measure) if you want to include a copy of the AOR email, copy of the bulletin, together with the copy of your work permit, that would be ideal.

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Thanks a lot guyz..what do I do about the work information..I work at a resataurent(part time)..should I include that while filling up the application or leave it blank..also what did you guys do about th3e photo? very confussed.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Yamahar1 said:
Thanks a lot guyz..what do I do about the work information..I work at a resataurent(part time)..should I include that while filling up the application or leave it blank..also what did you guys do about th3e photo? very confussed.
Don't include employer-specific information when applying for BOWP. It might mislead CIC into thinking you want a closed permit and have forgotten to include LMO, which in turn results in application being rejected.

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shells said:
Everyone's situation is different so we would all have a different version of our explanation letter.

As we mentioned earlier (even though it wasn't mentioned, it would be a precautionary safeguard measure) if you want to include a copy of the AOR email, copy of the bulletin, together with the copy of your work permit, that would be ideal.
Hey How long it took to get BOWP?

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shells said:

Hi Shells

How long it took to get BOWP?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
PA1984 said:
Hi Shells

Processing times change every week. Depends on when you apply:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
I had a unique situation and was instructed to submit by paper specifically by the agent, so it took like 3 months. From what I've read about others who already got their BOWP (via online application), it only took them 1.5 months on average.

In my case though, I had an PGWP open work permit. Once I submitted my application, it really does not matter how long it's gonna take, because my status automatically switched to implied status (meaning I can continue working under my pre-existing conditions). It might be different in your case if you currently have a employer specific closed wp.

PA1984 said:
Hi Shells

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Okay..i was trying the eligibility test to find out which forms I needed...so I came across these two question...1# does one of these apply to you? And one of the options were...'' I applied. For pr to an office in. Canada and was determined to be. Eligible for pr (first. Stage approval )...i ticked that thinking that it is the aor...so am I correct?
Second was..2# ."have you been told. By cic. Officers. That you are. Approved in principal "?...i answered no...am I correct?.....and. Thus. I was. Lead. To imm. 5710 format? Is it the. Right. One?..... Right now I am. In a post. Graduate. Work. Permit....so is this form the right one for me....

Thanks. Guys..

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Ottawa10 said:
Do you think I can email my AOR to:
question @ cic.gc.ca
Did you send it? Did you hear something back?