+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Well, Yesterday I did follow-up with Call center after seeing 28th September date and Today early morning I got the response from CIC saying your BOWP applications has been “refused”  . The reason being your current WP is valid > 4 months. My Bad luck. I had good explanation letter saying my current work ending on December 31st but probably my application went to strict immigration officer who goes strictly by process.

Anyway, I am thinking now to somehow getting my work extended till March first week so that I become eligible for BOWP…

My Details/Dates as below:

PR Application Filed: June 20 2013
AOR Received: August 14th 2013
Current LMO WP Valid Till: July 7th 2014
BOWP Application Filled: 18th September 2013 (~9 months before current WP Expiry)
Rejection Letter from CIC: 1st November 2013.

resubmitmypr

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
17-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
visitor404 said:
Got 'In Canada Approval Letter' mail today in 'My CIC' account. :)

Applied for BOWP on Oct 2, 2013,
Old WP Valid until Jan 31, 2014.
It was renewed until Oct 30, 2014
What do you mean by 'renewed'? I hope you got a completely new Open WP.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
bhavik_ec said:
Well, Yesterday I did follow-up with Call center after seeing 28th September date and Today early morning I got the response from CIC saying your BOWP applications has been “refused”  . The reason being your current WP is valid > 4 months. My Bad luck. I had good explanation letter saying my current work ending on December 31st but probably my application went to strict immigration officer who goes strictly by process.

Anyway, I am thinking now to somehow getting my work extended till March first week so that I become eligible for BOWP...

BOWP Application Filled: 18th September 2013 (~9 months before current WP Expiry)
Sorry to hear - what was your reason for applying for a BOWP?

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
lpc19800 said:
Sorry to hear - what was your reason for applying for a BOWP?
The reason for rejection is : Current WP Valid > 4 months (as he says he has his current WP valid for 9 months at the time of applying BOWP). So as per the new OB 485-A, the VO has rejected his BOWP.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
waitstartedaug13 said:
The reason for rejection is : Current WP Valid > 4 months (as he says he has his current WP valid for 9 months at the time of applying BOWP). So as per the new OB 485-A, the VO has rejected his BOWP.

Yes. I know this
I asked what the reason was for APPLYING (job loss or just wanting to move jobs, for example)

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
lpc19800 said:
Yes. I know this
I asked what the reason was for APPLYING (job loss or just wanting to move jobs, for example)
Well, I have LMO based closed WP to my employer and my current work/Project is expiring on December 31st after which I am requested to go back OR quit the company. So, I was thinking if I get BOWP, I can stay in Canada by working with some other employer and wait till I hear final decision on my PR Application.

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
bhavik_ec said:
Well, I have LMO based closed WP to my employer and my current work/Project is expiring on December 31st after which I am requested to go back OR quit the company. So, I was thinking if I get BOWP, I can stay in Canada by working with some other employer and wait till I hear final decision on my PR Application.
BTW, Wanted to share with you…

I have two friends applied BOWP after getting AOR and around 8 months before their current WP expiry and they got BOWP approved. They also had the similar reason as mine (WP valid for > 4 months but Project/work expiring in < 4 months)

The difference between their case and mine was – They have provided offer letter saying another company is ready to take them if they get valid work permit. I didn’t have any offer letter so, rejected

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
bhavik_ec said:

Anyway, I am thinking now to somehow getting my work extended till March first week so that I become eligible for BOWP...

Hey Bhavik.....Very sad news...I was counting on you as my hope...Looks like I might need to leave Canada in December....the only hope for me to continue in Canada is to get my BOWP asap...I am sad not just for you but thinking of my case too :(

bhavik_ec

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
kunishsa said:
Hey Bhavik.....Very sad news...I was counting on you as my hope...Looks like I might need to leave Canada in December....the only hope for me to continue in Canada is to get my BOWP asap...I am sad not just for you but thinking of my case too :(
That's fine...I already started thinking further and how to survive till March first week to be fully eligible for BOWP :)

For your case, I would say try to get Offer Letter from some employer and apply for BOWP with the offer letter. With Offer Letter and with good explanation letter, It is positive case to get BOWP. My case, I didn't had Offer Letter.

Also, see if any jugaad can be worked out to stay in Canada till you become full eligible (<4 months) for BOWP.

kunishsa

Oct 30, 2012
bhavik_ec said:
That's fine...I already started thinking further and how to survive till March first week to be fully eligible for BOWP :)

For your case, I would say try to get Offer Letter from some employer and apply for BOWP with the offer letter. With Offer Letter and with good explanation letter, It is positive case to get BOWP. My case, I didn't had Offer Letter.

Also, see if any jugaad can be worked out to stay in Canada till you become full eligible (<4 months) for BOWP.
But I need to spend here in Canada along with my family for 7 months with out job which would be really tough.

dinocgeo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
I applied for my BOWP on October 17th and just now received my approval email. Now that was FAST! Document is in the mail. Could not be happier right now. I am free to work for whoever I want!!

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
dinocgeo said:
I applied for my BOWP on October 17th and just now received my approval email. Now that was FAST! Document is in the mail. Could not be happier right now. I am free to work for whoever I want!!
Congratulations - did you send AOR and how long did you have left on your current work permit?

dinocgeo

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
lpc19800 said:
Congratulations - did you send AOR and how long did you have left on your current work permit?
Yes, I sent my AOR. My current work permit expires Jan 9th. I am not bothered by the 2 months left on it as my last job has already ended and now I can go find another job.