+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
mesumrizvi said:
I meant your wp expires and your BOWP application is still in process and no decision has been made.. you will be on implied status until a decision is made
No, i haven't applied for BOWP yet. As i said i have not received AOR yet that i require to apply for BOWP. Somone on this forum told me i can still apply with first AOR and add Letter of Explanation but i am not sure how relevant is that.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
CanJune2014 said:
Applied online May 25th. Just got approved today Sep 30. Received Approved letter. 128 days wait time.
Best of luck to those still waiting. Hope you hear back very soon.
Hey,

Are you talking about BOWP that got approved? Did you received AOR to apply for BOWP or you used the first AOR we received right after submitting Permanent Residence Application?

CanJune2014

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-07-2014
File Transfer...
05-08-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Passport Req..
COPR received 24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
sheen said:
Hey,

Are you talking about BOWP that got approved? Did you received AOR to apply for BOWP or you used the first AOR we received right after submitting Permanent Residence Application?
Yes my BOWP got approved. I applied under the old CEC route in June 2014. I had the AOR which I received in July 2014. I included that when applying for BOWP.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
CanJune2014 said:
Yes my BOWP got approved. I applied under the old CEC route in June 2014. I had the AOR which I received in July 2014. I included that when applying for BOWP.
ok, i guess applying for BOWP under CEC is different from FSW?
do you mind telling me what exactly does it say on your AOR?

Thanks

Admission

Sep 29, 2011
Hi guys,

I got my ITA on 31st Jan and my application was submitted on 31st March. My ecas status changed to "In Process" on 7th August and since then I have been waiting. My 6 months are completed on 30th Sept. The schedule A document was requested from me long time ago and was submitted too. I got the first AOR on 31st March.

I applied for my Bridging work permit on May 30 and today on sept 30, 2015 it was refused. What did you do when you were refused? I am still waiting for the PPR or a decision made on my EE submitted application. Any advise and suggestion would help. With a refused Bridging work permit what are my options, can I still stay in canada and wait for the decision on my immigration application.

I called the CIC and they advised me to wait and apply to restore the status. She also advised me to apply for visit visa to buy more time. She said I can also go back to my country and wait there too or do it from here. The call centre agent was also surprised on my refusal and then she confirmed after putting me on hold that its because although I am an inlander and applied for PR but I dont have the immigration confirmation letter ( maybe 2nd AOR) to be eligible for BOWP.

Also interestingly my 6 months are up sept 30th 2015 as I applied on 31st march 2015 for my EE pR application, the call centre said its upto me to request the CS inquiry or I can wait few more days as most cases are still in process and we are not able to process all cases in 6 months

I will apply for visit visa with restoration tomorrow. Any suggestions would help and will be appreciated :)

ctaylor8676

Jul 28, 2015
Sorry to hear your BOWP was refused. If you get clarification of whether the immigration confirmation letter was indeed the 2nd AOR please let me know.

I have never seen anyone get a 2nd AOR, so by default they seem to be making it impossible for anyone to get a BOWP.

Good to see it took them 4 months to process your BOWP, I'm hoping they take as long as possible because, like you, I don't have a 2nd AOR but applied anyway. Hoping that before my four months of BOWP waiting is done, I'll have a decision on my PR application.

Would be great to hear any updates on your situation.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
ctaylor8676 said:
Sorry to hear your BOWP was refused. If you get clarification of whether the immigration confirmation letter was indeed the 2nd AOR please let me know.

I have never seen anyone get a 2nd AOR, so by default they seem to be making it impossible for anyone to get a BOWP.

Good to see it took them 4 months to process your BOWP, I'm hoping they take as long as possible because, like you, I don't have a 2nd AOR but applied anyway. Hoping that before my four months of BOWP waiting is done, I'll have a decision on my PR application.

I was thinking the exact same thing, i haven't heard anybody receiving 2nd AOR. My work permit expires in 3 weeks and was thinking to apply any ways and attach LOE with it.

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Admission said:
Hi guys,

I got my ITA on 31st Jan and my application was submitted on 31st March. My ecas status changed to "In Process" on 7th August and since then I have been waiting. My 6 months are completed on 30th Sept. The schedule A document was requested from me long time ago and was submitted too. I got the first AOR on 31st March.

I applied for my Bridging work permit on May 30 and today on sept 30, 2015 it was refused. What did you do when you were refused? I am still waiting for the PPR or a decision made on my EE submitted application. Any advise and suggestion would help. With a refused Bridging work permit what are my options, can I still stay in canada and wait for the decision on my immigration application.

I called the CIC and they advised me to wait and apply to restore the status. She also advised me to apply for visit visa to buy more time. She said I can also go back to my country and wait there too or do it from here. The call centre agent was also surprised on my refusal and then she confirmed after putting me on hold that its because although I am an inlander and applied for PR but I dont have the immigration confirmation letter ( maybe 2nd AOR) to be eligible for BOWP.

Also interestingly my 6 months are up sept 30th 2015 as I applied on 31st march 2015 for my EE pR application, the call centre said its upto me to request the CS inquiry or I can wait few more days as most cases are still in process and we are not able to process all cases in 6 months

I will apply for visit visa with restoration tomorrow. Any suggestions would help and will be appreciated :)
Sorry to hear this. Did you do the online application or paper-based one? Did you include a letter of explanation?

ctaylor8676

Jul 28, 2015
I just received possibly the most cruel email - they are seriously toying with my stress levels. I know we all get anxious and excited every time I see an email in my inbox from the donotreply@cic email.

Today they sent me an email informing me there were NO updates to my application. WTF!

Subject line: There have been no updates to your application (W301xxxxxx)

There have been no updates to your application (W301xxxxxx) since you last checked your MyCIC account. Thank you for your patience.
This message is intended for the following e-mail address: ctaylor@xxx. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

If they are going to start sending me a "there are no updates" email every so often for the next four months I think i'll be a nervous wreck by the end!

Sorry guys, just needed to rant.

MANNATCANADA

Sep 27, 2015
I need to apply BOWP and want to confirm that, on 3. Question
which option is correct for BOWP

1. A work permit with the same employer
2. Temporary Work Permit

Thanks,

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
MANNATCANADA said:
I need to apply BOWP and want to confirm that, on 3. Question
which option is correct for BOWP

1. A work permit with the same employer
2. Temporary Work Permit

Thanks,

Hey,

If your work permit says a specific employer's name then choose Option 1 else Option 2.
Did you received 2nd AOR to apply for BOWP?

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
ctaylor8676 said:

Hey have you applied for BOWP yet?

gnskznc

Sep 1, 2014
Right now filling the imm5710 for BOWP and im very confused PLEASE HELP

Question one (my original wp was PGOWP)

-a wp with same employer?
- an initial wp or a wp with new employer?

Question two

-do i need to get a letter of employment from my current employer?

Question three

-Details intended work in canada-- I currently work so do i put the info for my current employment or i leave it blank since i have no LMO

Thank you in advance

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
Hi Friends,
How do I get the "Proof of Medical Exam" for the Open work permit application? I never got any copy of the Medical report from panel physician, the doc uploaded to the Immigration system. Can anyone advise at the earliest?