+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
nov1061 said:
You are correct. Select option 2.
Hi,

While filling IMM5710 form, i am seeing the below question in Background Information.

Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada ?

Do i have to select Yes or No.
If yes than what details to provide
I am applying for BOWP

Please advice

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
Processing times for online permit applications have decreased to 36 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
I have applied BOWP on 17th Nov and completed my time frame of 36 days today. Looking forward to hear from CIC soon.

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Have a quick question ,
i have applied BOWP for my self and my spouse online on Dec 2nd .According to the current processing times i should expect the WP around Jan 2nd week.
The thing is my PP is gng to expire in July , so i am expecting that they will give me the permit till july only.Can i apply for another extension in March if required?.If so for how long they will give me the 2nd extension.?
I have filed my PR in Nov 2013 and till date no requests/updates.hopping new year will bring good news and complete my immigration.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Yes you can.. it is mentioned on BOWP if the validity is less than 12 months that it is because of passport expiry so extension can be applied once passport is renewed.. i have similar situation and i applied for extension around 2 weeks back

akil_f1 said:
Have a quick question ,
i have applied BOWP for my self and my spouse online on Dec 2nd .According to the current processing times i should expect the WP around Jan 2nd week.
The thing is my PP is gng to expire in July , so i am expecting that they will give me the permit till july only.Can i apply for another extension in March if required?.If so for how long they will give me the 2nd extension.?
I have filed my PR in Nov 2013 and till date no requests/updates.hopping new year will bring good news and complete my immigration.

TIELTS

Feb 12, 2014
Hi,

I have checked online and there is a document which says your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved.

Type is - Permit - WP-EXT

Is type is correct?

rabi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
akil_f1 said:
Have a quick question ,
Hi,

Have you given letter of explanation of your spouse. I am also planning to submit today

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
mesumrizvi said:
Yes you can.. it is mentioned on BOWP if the validity is less than 12 months that it is because of passport expiry so extension can be applied once passport is renewed.. i have similar situation and i applied for extension around 2 weeks back
I wonder, How long they extend the permits, is it by another 1 Yr or total 1 Yr including the last few months and extension of few more months?

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hello everyone i need some help i applied for cec in December and my work permit expires in February can i try and apply for the bowp in January before my old work permit expires

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Ruyodono said:
Hello everyone i need some help i applied for cec in December and my work permit expires in February can i try and apply for the bowp in January before my old work permit expires
Hi,
just apply a paper based application (due to the longer processing time than online one) a week before your current WP expires and hope you'll receive AOR before they start processing your BOWP. Good luck and don't ask this question everywhere.

Ruyodono

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Oh thank you i was just nervous but you see my work permit is expiring and i need the bowp and i dont have the time to apply on paper im afraid i will be asked to leave the country

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Ruyodono said:
Oh thank you i was just nervous but you see my work permit is expiring and i need the bowp and i dont have the time to apply on paper im afraid i will be asked to leave the country
You have enough time to apply until Fegruary. Just give it a try.