+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Bridging Open Work Permit

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,

I am currently on a open WP which is about to expire in 2 months. I would like to apply BWOP but the processing time on CIC website is 192 days!
Can anyone please tell if they applied for BW during pandemic?
How long did it took them to get the visa?
I want to apply online.
Anyones help will be much appreciated!
Thank you
Yes it takes time.i already applied before two month.but no update

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
If you apply for your BOWP before your current WP expires you will be on implied status in Canada, able to stay and continue working while you wait for your new WP. That's how the system protects applicants from IRCC taking too long to process an application.

herrderringe

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Just curious on this subject of BOWP - Question to senior members

The AOR document says - BOWP will be refused if PR application is incomplete (R10). Does that mean, one will be able to get BOWP If R10 is complete but refused in A11.2 Eligibility phase.

kaspy69

Oct 6, 2020
Need to pass eligibility stage too.

Just curious on this subject of BOWP - Question to senior members

The AOR document says - BOWP will be refused if PR application is incomplete (R10). Does that mean, one will be able to get BOWP If R10 is complete but refused in A11.2 Eligibility phase.

Manish Shinde

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for replying.
Well, in terms of work experience my employer has provided me experience certificate with my joining date mentioned on company's letter head and mentioning that, currently I am working for that employer.
However, while looking at BOWP requirements, it asks for below documentation:

What you need to do before the temporary worker can apply to extend their permit
Before they can apply to extend or renew their work permit, you need to either

• apply for a new LMIA from Employment and Social Development Canada/Service Canada,
or

• submit a new offer of employment, and
  • pay the employer compliance fee if you don’t need an LMIA.
The above mentioned information is also present at following link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-foreign-worker/temporary/extend-permit.html

As, I am currently employed in Canada and employer is not providing LMIA or renewed/new offer letter (which are the required documents for BOWP, how do I need to apply BOWP), and planning to send me back to my native country, but I want to continue working in Canada only.

Still, even if I am eligible to apply BOWP do I need to arrange a new employment first, get the offer letter and then file BOWP. Or I can apply BOWP even if I quit this job and then arrange a new employment.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Hey I am in a same boat as you ....did u get your bowp apporved