+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Application

Nov 7, 2018
Hi All,

My Work Permit expires on August 31, 2019 and I have already applied for the PR under CEC program.

I believe I followed the right procedure to fill the BOWP application, however, I am not quite sure.

I did not fill in any f the forms a specific application for "Bridging Work Permit", instead I only found options for Work Permit or Open Work Permit in some cases.

The form I am filling is called: Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)

Is this the correct form?

Also, I am planning to leave this job, as I am looking for a new job now. Should I choose the option that I plan to continue with my current employer? Will it impact if I move to a new job before my visa actually expires?

Thank you!

victor101

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Hi All,

My Work Permit expires on August 31, 2019 and I have already applied for the PR under CEC program.

I believe I followed the right procedure to fill the BOWP application, however, I am not quite sure.

I did not fill in any f the forms a specific application for "Bridging Work Permit", instead I only found options for Work Permit or Open Work Permit in some cases.

The form I am filling is called: Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)

Is this the correct form?

Also, I am planning to leave this job, as I am looking for a new job now. Should I choose the option that I plan to continue with my current employer? Will it impact if I move to a new job before my visa actually expires?

Thank you!
Hi,

That's the correct form, I just submitted mine, I only explained that I am applying for BOWP through my Letter of Explanation together with the AOR