+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Application without AOR

vijay80

Aug 28, 2013
Guys I applied without AOR and my application was denied stating that I didnt attach the AOR to the application.

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with application
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
sorry to hear that vijay...
so did u receive your aor or still pending???
did u apply through paper or online???

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
vijay80 said:
Guys I applied without AOR and my application was denied stating that I didnt attach the AOR to the application.
Sorry to hear, but as previously said, it's like gambling. You file your BOWP application before you get AOR.
Some users are lucky and get the AOR before BOWP get's processed and therefore approved, other don't.

vijay80

Aug 28, 2013
It was an online application and I did receive my AOR before the application was processed but still it was denied as they expected a copy of AOR in online application.

No choice but I have to apply again.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
vijay80 said:
That's worrying - I've read all of the relevant documents (I think) including the instruction guide and the document checklist, and I haven't seen any mention of the AOR having to be attached.

Indeed, the operational bulletin 485 says that the processing officer should go on GCMS to check your eligibility status.

Does the online application form ask for it? Because the postal one doesn't seem to.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
vijay80 said:
It was an online application and I did receive my AOR before the application was processed but still it was denied as they expected a copy of AOR in online application.

Did you include a cover letter explaining that you were expecting to receive it?

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Hello folks,

I am running into a difficult situation, I have my current closed wp valid till 31st Oct and my employer is no more extending it as the work with client will not be extended beyond 31st Oct. I applied for CEC PR and it reached Sydney on August 23, I have to apply for BOWP as soon as I receive AOR, but by the time I receive AOR in October(based on the current timelines) I will not be left with much time to apply BOWP. I can apply BOWP but I will not receive it before 31st Oct. If that is the case, can I still continue to stay in Canada without any immigration issues. I do not really want to run into any such issues and jeopardize my CEC application. Is there any way to ask CIO Sydney to expedite the application verification and AOR. Please advise.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
vijay80 said:

Hi Vijay ! Could you please confirm whether you received your AOR. I read in another topic that your application has been sent to 2nd level review and you finally got AOR. I am also running into the same situation, I have to apply for BOWP before I receive my AOR, Your advise will be helpful to a lot of people like us. Thanks.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waitstartedaug13 said:
Hello folks,

I am running into a difficult situation, I have my current closed wp valid till 31st Oct and my employer is no more extending it as the work with client will not be extended beyond 31st Oct. I applied for CEC PR and it reached Sydney on August 23, I have to apply for BOWP as soon as I receive AOR, but by the time I receive AOR in October(based on the current timelines) I will not be left with much time to apply BOWP. I can apply BOWP but I will not receive it before 31st Oct. If that is the case, can I still continue to stay in Canada without any immigration issues. I do not really want to run into any such issues and jeopardize my CEC application. Is there any way to ask CIO Sydney to expedite the application verification and AOR. Please advise.
Your best bet would be to submit the BOWP in paper form (it takes longer) along with an explanation letter saying your app has been submitted, your CWP is expiring and that you will send on the AOR when you receive it.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
jsm0085 said:
Your best bet would be to submit the BOWP in paper form (it takes longer) along with an explanation letter saying your app has been submitted, your CWP is expiring and that you will send on the AOR when you receive it.
Thanks very much jsm0085, sorry I have one more question. Can I work for the same employer ( in case if my work is extended somehow) after my closed WP expires and the BOWP application is in progress ? I read in the forums that I will be in implied status once the application is sent for BOWP before my closed WP expires, but does the implied status mean that I can still work on the conditions of the previous closed wp or I can only stay but not work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

karanJ

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/05/2014
LANDED..........
waiting
Yes you can work on same conditions. You cannot change employer until bowp is approved.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
karanJ said:
Yes you can work on same conditions. You cannot change employer until bowp is approved.
Thanks Karanj. I will start preparing the forms and documents for my BOWP. As soon as I get my AOR, I will submit BOWP application online.
I hope to receive my AOR around 20-Oct (I submitted my CEC application on 23-Aug) based on the current timelines.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Did anybody get BOWP approved recently without submitting AOR ? I am also running into the same situation, I am afraid that I could be left with no time if I wait till I receive AOR. As per the current timelines if it takes 60 days to receive AOR, I am left with just 4 days before my current Closed WP expires.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
waitstartedaug13 said:
Did anybody get BOWP approved recently without submitting AOR ? I am also running into the same situation, I am afraid that I could be left with no time if I wait till I receive AOR. As per the current timelines if it takes 60 days to receive AOR, I am left with just 4 days before my current Closed WP expires.
Yes, got my BOWP September 3.

Cruiser55

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
21.02.2014 RPRF and BIODATA requested
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,
I am on a closed work permit until September 2014 (I am currently unemployed as I was laid off) and to be able to work again, I applied online for my BOWP on August 29th with a letter of explanation after receiving my AOR.

I know that it takes around 30 - 35 days to get a BOWP, and when I called CIC today they informed that CIC is now currently working on applications received on August 10th and it will be another 2 - 3 weeks before they will be able to start work on my application.

My question is that since my current closed work permit expires on September 2014 and keeping in mind this delay in processing my BOWP, will they only give me the BOWP until September 2014 or will it be given for 1 year (as the CIC website says) from the date of it's issue?

I am just afraid that this delay in processing my BOWP will only result in the eating away from my 1 year (by CIC regulations) BOWP duration time.

Please advice.