+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOOOOO...medical again

KEKE1212

Oct 21, 2009
My husband was asked to do his medical 4 years ago. We did our medical and it took immigration a year to recieve it, so by the time they got the medical it was expired. We tried for four years to get a police clearance from his country and final got it about a month ago. We figured that after the police clearance was recieved that his PR would be finalized; however, they just sent us a letter requesting another medical (which I am freaked out to do again because what if it takes another year). Our MP said that we should not have to do another medical because he has not left the country...anyone have any ideas?

thanks,

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
They don't make any exceptions regarding the medical exams. The information the PM gave you is wrong.

Your husband will have to redo it. The exam expires 1 year after it is taken and the visa can not be issued without a valid medical exam.
I really don't see how it's possible to take 1 year for it to reach CIC though. Where will your husband be taking it? Just make sure the DMP sends it where they're supposed to, with a reliable mail delivery (by courier preferably, you can pay extra to make them do it) and it should get there just fine.

KEKE1212

Oct 21, 2009
Yeah I don't know why it took a year to recieve it...we had to send in a recipt twice to show that we did actually do it. He will be doing it in Edmonton AB. Have you done a medical? if so, how long did it take for immigration to recieve?
thanks

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to my lawyer, it usually takes a few weeks for them to receive a new medical.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
you can also do medicals in another country while visiting it. it will help you to get it in much shorter time than in your country.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is not supposed to be any difference in processing times. Are you talking about the actual waiting time to get an appointment with the doctor?

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
It was explained to me that the doctor sends the medical results to a local Canada data center, and once the results are inputted into a database, they are accessible to any Canadian visa officer in any country. So, uless the doctor lost the results for a year, then found them and quietly sent them in without admitting negligence,never should it take a year.

I'd ask the visa officer the date of receiving the first results, then ask the doctor for a free or less costly new medical.

KEKE1212

Oct 21, 2009
No I am not talking about waiting time for the doctor, I mean after we finished our medical exam and the doctor sent in to immigration it took a year for them to recieve it. We had talk to the doctor who completed out medical exam and he said he sent it a week later because he had to wait for the results, and then we went to the office several time because our immigration officer said that it wasn't on file, and the doc still send he sent it. Our immigration officer asked us for proof that we did the medical a couple of times, and then said he wasn't sure where it was.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a friend whose medicals were lost twice... The immigration people even admitted that they had lost it and apologized, yet he had to retake it twice at his own expense. Third time was the charm...

genio

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
hm? may I ask what countries we are talking about? My wife just passed her interview in Bogota,then went to another city for her medicals. She said she was fine. As Toby said, I think they send the results to a canadian center. Her's is sent to Trinidad. Maybe all offices in south america send medical info there for recording. From what I have gathered, normally it takes about 2 weeks to receive it and notify Bogota office, then maybe a week for my wife to receive her passport with visa. An aside to Toby : my wife said the embassy in Bogota said if she needs to land in the U.S. , they will help her with a "transit visa"..And yes, as someone wrote, it costs about $250

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Karlshammar said:
I have a friend whose medicals were lost twice... The immigration people even admitted that they had lost it and apologized, yet he had to retake it twice at his own expense. Third time was the charm...
did it finally work? just curious. :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Karlshammar said:
There is not supposed to be any difference in processing times. Are you talking about the actual waiting time to get an appointment with the doctor?
yes, in some countries one has to wait months to get medicals done, but in some countries it is the same day service

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, I'm so happy I was in Canada when I started this process. All the steps I had to take were pretty efficient.