Med's Request
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
Congrats to both of you! Great news. We sent it Servientrega and my husband had to pick it up at the embassy where they went over documents with him making sure he understood all of the conditions (which were just regular). I can't remember exactly now how long that was but I want to say a week. Congrats again!

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
Sept. 13, 2013 background check
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Did not wait for them to be requested
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Yeah I can't believe how fast things were processed! My husband sent his passport in yesterday, he didn't ask for the prepaid service. I'm not sure if they'll let us pick it up, but I guess we'll find out soon hopefully ! I think they'll send it back without a prepaid waybill, or so I hope.

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Thanks Cinc, did the embassy call or email you when he needed to pick it up?

cinc

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
They sent an email saying it was ready. I can't believe how fast everyone's is being processed! Happy for all!

ripineros

Feb 13, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a question about the police certificates from Colombia. I reside in Canada at the moment so I made a wire transfer following the instructions that were listed in the CIC Website (email the payment slip to the V.O and aplicantes @ procesosec.com, etc, etc), now it has been 8 weeks and the certificates have not been received at the visa office. I tried emailing aplicantes @ procesosec.com to ask them what is going on, if everything was ok with my deposit but still no word from them or anyone. I have no idea if the certificates are being processed or when can I expect them.
Anyone here has had similar experiences?, what would you recommend?, how long did the certificate take for you?. I am nervous since I was given ~60 days to submit the certificates and that term is expiring soon. :(

Thank you for your help and time.

mac_0n3

Oct 21, 2011
omg guys . Ok so im sponsoring my wife, she is currently living in ecuador. I received a letter in the mail from CIC today asking me to pay for "The Right of Permanent Residence Fee" ........... i just looked at my wifes email ( an email created for CIC ) and i saw this

Dear sir/madam,

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application you must submit the following documents:

- ORIGINAL passport(s) for yourself and all your accompanying dependants (if applicable).

- Prepaid airway bill in order to return your passport (s)

All documents must be sent by regular mail/courier. You have 60 days from the date of this e-mail to submit the requested documents to our office.

Sincerely, Salutations distinguées, Sinceramente,

Does this mean that we are at the door step ? does this mean that she will be with me in canada soon?????

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
Ripineros: my husband paid the deposit in Colombia for the check and we never received word after that if it was received by anyone or the embassy, but we just got an email saying his visa is approved and requesting his passport, so it must have gotten there. To this day, the cic website never said if the background check was received. So as long as you followed instructions I'm sure it's alright.

Mac: if they're requesting the passport chances are it means the visa is approved and ready! Again, my husband just got an email last week saying he was approved and to send his passport in. Now were just waiting to get it back.

On another note, does anyone know if they send the pictures back when you get the visa?

thanks!

ripineros

Feb 13, 2013
Cancol said:
Ripineros: my husband paid the deposit in Colombia for the check and we never received word after that if it was received by anyone or the embassy, but we just got an email saying his visa is approved and requesting his passport, so it must have gotten there. To this day, the cic website never said if the background check was received. So as long as you followed instructions I'm sure it's alright.

Mac: if they're requesting the passport chances are it means the visa is approved and ready! Again, my husband just got an email last week saying he was approved and to send his passport in. Now were just waiting to get it back.

On another note, does anyone know if they send the pictures back when you get the visa?

thanks!
Thanks for the info Cancol!
Two of my friends never got their pictures back, they got some of the documents back, mainly certificates but no pictures or bank statements.
Cancol, if you don't mind I have another question. How long did it take from the moment the certificates were sent until you got the approval?.

Cancol

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept. 6, 2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 14, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 26, 29013
LANDED..........
Hoping Dec. 5, 2013
We paid the deposit I think around sept 17 or so, and we just got an email last Thursday saying my husband was approved for the visa. That was the last thing they requested along with a couple other things. But my status never updated to say the background check was received... Even though it said the medicals were received.

Would you know how long it takes to get the passport back from the embassy?

jf_yul

Aug 5, 2013
Congrats Cancol and Spetroun!

In our case, they collected our passport during the interview. Once the PR was approved, they called my wife to told her they were going to send the passport and the next day she received it in Cali. They used Servientrega and they paid for it.

Ripineros: I also sent my scan of the deposit to aplicantes@procesosec.com but it never got through. To their request, I re-sent it to BGOTAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and it worked.

My wife is arriving in Montreal in 4 days... we can't be more excited!!

ripineros

Feb 13, 2013
jf_yul said:
Congrats Cancol and Spetroun!

In our case, they collected our passport during the interview. Once the PR was approved, they called my wife to told her they were going to send the passport and the next day she received it in Cali. They used Servientrega and they paid for it.

Ripineros: I also sent my scan of the deposit to aplicantes @ procesosec.com but it never got through. To their request, I re-sent it to BGOTAIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca and it worked.

My wife is arriving in Montreal in 4 days... we can't be more excited!!
hello jf_yul, thanks for the reply!

How long did the certificates take? were you notified in any way?.

Cancol, as far as I know the passport time depends heavily on the Visa office, I know that for example CPP-Ottawa is taking around 3 weeks.

jf_yul

Aug 5, 2013
Ripineros, the background certificate was the last thing to proceed in our case. They told us to send the deposit back when we completed the interview. There were 19 days between the time we sent the scan of the deposit and their phone call to tell us the PR was accepted.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
My wife sent the passport with DHL. The embassy replied back and mentioned they will contact us when the passport is ready. I have been reading timelines of 2 days to 1 month for the passports to come back..

mac_0n3

Oct 21, 2011
Can anyone that has been or that is sponsoring a spouse from Ecuador let me know how to send the passport and what is needed. Also how long did it take for them to receive the passport? are you informed whenthey have it? how long did it take for you to get the Passport back and stamped...... a lot of questions i know... im just excited and worried lol . i want to do this properly :) .

anyways ,so i paid the RPRF fee today :D this is my timeline for anyone interested .

Visa Office : Bogota
Medicals Done : june 4 2013
Application Sent Date App : Aug 1 2013
CPC-M received as per tracking : Aug 2 2013
Stage 1 AOR : Aug 20 2013
Sponsorship Approval : Aug 29 2013
AOR from VO : Sept 18 2013
Passport Request : November 11 2013
Right Of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00 (RPRF) Request: November 14 2013

cinc

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
03-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2013
Cancol, we got all of our pictures, cards, and certificates back, which was unexpected, but nice.