+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate

dream2013#

Jul 21, 2013
I was born in the year 1976 in India. Is Birth Certificate mandatory for immigration under Federal Skilled Migrant Program.

If not, what are the alternate details/documents needed to verify my place of birth/date of birth. Awaiting your favorable reply at the earliest. Thanks in advance

dmiriy10

May 20, 2013
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
Doc's Request.
DD Encash Date: 17-02-2015; Sent Doc's with application
Nomination.....
PER : 09-03-2015
AOR Received.
N/A with LVO.
IELTS Request
Sent with Doc's
File Transfer...
27-03-2015 to LVO------ 2nd Line updated on 20th Aug 2015. PCC request sent on 17th Aug 2015.
Med's Request
Nov 20th 2015.
Med's Done....
10th Dec 2015; Passport Renewal request from DRD on 7th Jan 2016
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
04-02-2016; Passports submitted in VFS on 07-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Yes. Received passports courier on 14th Feb 2016.
LANDED..........
Nov 2016
Hi,

To my knowledge birth and marriage certificates are mandatory for Immigration...If u apply for birth certificate now it takes about 2 months to get it from mee seva.......

But try from any brokers who can get it in a week......... To avoid delays in immigration we need to produce birth certificate

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
dream2013# said:
I was born in the year 1976 in India. Is Birth Certificate mandatory for immigration under Federal Skilled Migrant Program.

If not, what are the alternate details/documents needed to verify my place of birth/date of birth. Awaiting your favorable reply at the earliest. Thanks in advance
If you are having trouble in finding or acquiring birth certificate, u may use your educational documents to prove your age. Same case was mine and acceptable by authorities

regards

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
For indians, secondary school certificate is accepted by cic in lieu of birth certificate.

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
dream2013# said:

My FSW file returned just 3 days back from Sydney just becz my name and my kids names were not on Birth certificate (BC). so they returned the whole pkt, it was a shocker for me and for my consultant but it depends on visa officer to officer. They issued a letter along with my file stating that your BCs dont have names so either send BC with names or secondary school certificate or affidavits which has the person's name, DOB, parents name (either father/mother or both). So i just chose the latter 2 old BC with affidavits for me and my kids and as well as my SSC (xth) certificate which has all my info and in affidavits wrote the reason why it was not added at the time of birth as in india birth naming ceremony takes a few days/weeks after birth but by that time the concerning municipal authorities issued the BC without the name of the child but with other info e.g., like DOB, place of birth, parents name, address, etc...so praying that things will work and the letter issued by the CIC earlier... So best of luck.

My wife was born at home in delhi in the same year as yours but her name was not recorded in the database, so we went to area SDM office over there a lot of lawyers/notaries available they made an affidavit, xth SSC certificate, filled the form/application and fees and submit in SDM office of your area and after 15 days they issued an "order"for municipal authority of the concerned area where she was born we filled the appropriate form and fees and submit that "order" along with application and her name was entered in the records and she got her BC.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ rohit
If your Birth is registered in Munic Corp without your name then as per Govt Department rules, they can't add name of the child after 15 years of birth .. you're 37 now :(

But for those of your kids (2/3) who are younger than 15 yrs, you can get their name printed on their BC's now itself. You might need their proper BC's for future purpose when you reach Canada !

Also, I would not have recommended sending you Application with name-less certs at first place. Sorry to say, but your consultant has not graduated yet ! (Any Cert. without the name of the child on it is like BS for VO !! )

(P.S. Can you paste/ send the portion of Letter from CIC highlighting the matter.. it would be helpful for future applicants)

@ dream
If your Birth is Not registered in database / local Munic Corp (or in hospital/ nursing home) after your birth then you can do same process like Rohit's wife & get a BC but it will be difficult & tedious, you might end up spending a bomb ... & most likely you'll get it by manipulating the facts (like born in village, home or diff Munic etc)... Rohit's wife is lucky here !!

sabse , sasta, sundar aur tikao option for you is getting an Affidavit from your Mom explaining your birth circumstances. Applicants are able to sail through with 10th/ matriculation cert (which has your DOB mentioned on it along with father and/or mother's name) but I put more weight on Affidavit.

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
neel-here said:
@ rohit
If your Birth is registered in Munic Corp without your name then as per Govt Department rules, they can't add name of the child after 15 years of birth .. you're 37 now :(

But for those of your kids (2/3) who are younger than 15 yrs, you can get their name printed on their BC's now itself. You might need their proper BC's for future purpose when you reach Canada !

Also, I would not have recommended sending you Application with name-less certs at first place. Sorry to say, but your consultant has not graduated yet ! (Any Cert. without the name of the child on it is like BS for VO !! )

(P.S. Can you paste/ send the portion of Letter from CIC highlighting the matter.. it would be helpful for future applicants)

@ dream
If your Birth is Not registered in database / local Munic Corp (or in hospital/ nursing home) after your birth then you can do same process like Rohit's wife & get a BC but it will be difficult & tedious, you might end up spending a bomb ... & most likely you'll get it by manipulating the facts (like born in village, home or diff Munic etc)... Rohit's wife is lucky here !!

sabse , sasta, sundar aur tikao option for you is getting an Affidavit from your Mom explaining your birth circumstances. Applicants are able to sail through with 10th/ matriculation cert (which has your DOB mentioned on it along with father and/or mother's name) but I put more weight on Affidavit.
@ Neel, The letter which i received there are 2 pages, first one the checklist form which Quebec Federal Skilled worker use on it, Item number #13 and 14, the officer handwritten on 13 he wrote, Rohit's name is not on BC and on 14 he wrote, Chidren's name not written on BC. Then the official letter written. I am writing word-by-word.

"CIC letter head
Then my wife's name and address
May 24, 2013 (i got that pkt on July 17, 2013)

Dear Sir/Madam: The following refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Quebec-selected skilled worker (QSW) program.

A review of your application indicates you do not meet the requirement of the instructions with respect to the completion of your applications or, the requirements of regulation (R) 10 of the immigration and refugee protection act (IRPA) because:

Please see the highlighted items on the enclosed checklist or the enclosed Appendix (this letter i guess is appendix).

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROVIDE A BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR SECONDARY SCHOOL RECORDS THAT INDICATE YOUR BIRTH AND PARENTAGE, PLEASE PROVIDE AN AFFIDAVIT THAT HAS THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1) NAME OF CLIENT
2) DATE OF BIRTH OF CLIENT
3) PARENTS NAMES (MOTHER, FATHER OR BOTH IS ACCEPTABLE)

Regulation (12) of IRPA states:
"if the requirements of sections 10 and 11 are not met, the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant."

As your application does not meet the requirements of R10 of IRPA, it is incomplete. It is being returned to you for this reason. Your applications fee was not processed and is also being returned to you. Your application has not been received, and no records has been retained.

If you submit an application, please pay particular attention to all the forms, information, documents, evidence, signatures, proof of language proficiency, and fees required. Applications missing any of these items are incomplete and will not be received. They will be returned to you.

Signature and initials of the Visa officer.

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Rohit !

Sry, I just realized you ended up with lots of typing. It is disheartening to see package being returned for some silly reasons :(

Just wanted to know, if the Affidavit you made from Notary is issued by you or by your mother/ father (for your BC). Like wise for your kids they themselves gave the declaration or its your wife/you for their BC.

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
neel-here said:
Thanks a lot Rohit !

Sry, I just realized you ended up with lots of typing. It is disheartening to see package being returned for some silly reasons :(

Just wanted to know, if the Affidavit you made from Notary is issued by you or by your mother/ father (for your BC). Like wise for your kids they themselves gave the declaration or its your wife/you for their BC.
For me it was issued by me as they did not write specifically that it should be by "my parents" but i attached my Xth certificate SSC certificate too with application (notarized photocopy)...and for my kids it was me who gave the affidavit lets see, now it's in mail hope for the best and ready ....

read this link just find out
http://www.cicnews.com/2011/12/canadian-immigration-questions-answers-david-cohen-4-121166.html