+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate not available

Sndpkr

Apr 6, 2021
Hi,
I am applying to sponsor my husband but he doesnt have a birth certificate and it is hard to get one..what could be my options to avoid any delays and file sent back?
Anyone with current inland application experience and processing times?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
include a letter explaining why ur husband doesnt have the birth certificate
Note you should still definitely apply for the birth certificate - immediately - and mention (if applicable) covid-related delays getting docs. (Even if eg you could get it more quickly if there were no travel restrictions). Also better if you can provide evidence (e.g. receipt) that you have ordered the birth certificate.

Uncertain how they may handle but you should expect that it's probable IRCC will require the birth certificate during the process.

"It's hard to get one" is not going to be sufficient so prepare now.

Apr 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
I also have the same issue. I did what armoured suggested and sent a letter explaining as well as proof that I’ve tried to apply for one so that at least at some point during the process it arrives and I can send it in if they ask for it. Hopefully they accept it. Will try to remember to write back here what they say.

Sndpkr

Apr 6, 2021
I also have the same issue. I did what armoured suggested and sent a letter explaining as well as proof that I’ve tried to apply for one so that at least at some point during the process it arrives and I can send it in if they ask for it. Hopefully they accept it. Will try to remember to write back here what they say.
Yeah..i have got the copy of birth certificate without name notarized and attached a letter of explaination as well..also applied for one in India meanwhile..hopefully they will give my a chance to submit one if needed....When did u submit ur application and is it inland or outland?

Apr 5, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-04-2021
Yeah..i have got the copy of birth certificate without name notarized and attached a letter of explaination as well..also applied for one in India meanwhile..hopefully they will give my a chance to submit one if needed....When did u submit ur application and is it inland or outland?
I submitted last Saturday and it arrived yesterday.

Sndpkr

Apr 6, 2021
Can anyone guide me abouy how to send birth certificate after sendkng the application package..I just received it.

Sndpkr

Apr 6, 2021
did u get any reply back?

Sndpkr

Apr 6, 2021
Ok Thank u for ur reply back..Can i send them now even if they havnt open my application package yet?