+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate for OINP application

prashantgupta8055

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Hi Experts : While filling OINP application I noticed that they require birth certificate as one of the document. My birth certificate is in local language and not in english. What should I do ? Please help...

Reactions: Ashfana

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantgupta8055 said:
Hi Experts : While filling OINP application I noticed that they require birth certificate as one of the document. My birth certificate is in local language and not in english. What should I do ? Please help...
Get it teanslated. So you will bascially send three documents:
Copy of original birth certificate
Original translated certificate
Original affadavit stating that the translater is qualified in english language. The translator will help you with this affidavit.

Good luck.

charger01

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2015
Nomination.....
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-21-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
School certificate can also be used in place of birth certificate.

Manu799

Oct 13, 2014
Hi Guys, I have a birth certificate which is bilingual (in both the native language with its equivalent english translations) - Do I still require translations from a certified translator and then notarized ?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manu799 said:
Hi Guys, I have a birth certificate which is bilingual (in both the native language with its equivalent english translations) - Do I still require translations from a certified translator and then notarized ?
if it contains everything in english as well then no translation is needed. If you still have doubt then along with that you can also submit photocopy of PAN card/Aadhar card/Class 10 pass certificate etc. as supporting documents since they are government docs. and have DOB as well.....

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manu799 said:
I too have birth certificate in two languages, regional and English. Not just that, all my education documents are in such format. I am not getting them translated.

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
Guys! What's the recommended option if one doesn't have a birth certificate. I have been advised by someone to submit a school certificate alongwith an affidavit staying why the birth certificate is not available. Can anyone confirm this please ?

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah theres no 100% need for birth certificate.

i added my 10th certificate, and explained in LOE that my birth certificate is lost (which is true) , TBH i dont think they even need that since passport clearly has DOB, but still better to add it.

FYI - i have received OINP nomination last year without birth certificate.

hope that helps - and good luck to everyone

Reactions: esumitkumar

MALLHI

Star Member
Apr 29, 2010
PAKISTAN
thestunner316 said:

i added my 10th certificate, and explained in LOE that my birth certificate is lost (which is true) , TBH i dont think they even need that since passport clearly has DOB, but still better to add it.

Thanks alot bro! That helped alot. I will now be writing LOE instead of the afadavit and submit my 10th grade school certificate with it as proof.

esumitkumar

Apr 19, 2012

Thanks a lot bro..I am having same situation and govt office is not willing to issue certifcate of so old birth (I am born in 1981)..You made my day..By the way..does Ontario take sooo long (9 months ??) to issue Nomination ?? (Your case ..docs received : Feb 2016, nomination received : Dec 2016)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot bro..I am having same situation and govt office is not willing to issue certifcate of so old birth (I am born in 1981)..You made my day..By the way..does Ontario take sooo long (9 months ??) to issue Nomination ?? (Your case ..docs received : Feb 2016, nomination received : Dec 2016)
well i have heard that they reduced nomination time to like 1 month or so now... but yes - when i bloody applied they were taking almost 1 year, and becoz i used PNP my application is delayed also (since PNP needs an extra layer of approval)

bellissima

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Get it teanslated. So you will bascially send three documents:
Copy of original birth certificate
Original translated certificate
Original affadavit stating that the translater is qualified in english language. The translator will help you with this affidavit.

Good luck.
Where do you send the documents? No paper docs are sent, only scanned documents are attached in the profile. Why do you need a copy of the birth certificate? May I scan the original birth certificate and the translated birth certificate and attach them? Please, explain and correct if I am wrong. Thanks!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I am having this issue too. I was born in Asia but grew up in the US and have been a naturalized US citizen with a US passport since early childhood. I don't know if I will be able to find my birth certificate. What do you guys mean by "10th grade school certificate"? Would a high school transcript do? I am going to see if I can get an answer from Ontario as well.

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am having this issue too. I was born in Asia but grew up in the US and have been a naturalized US citizen with a US passport since early childhood. I don't know if I will be able to find my birth certificate. What do you guys mean by "10th grade school certificate"? Would a high school transcript do? I am going to see if I can get an answer from Ontario as well.
Lol @ trumprefugee, nice name!