+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics.

Josephmyatt1996

Jun 11, 2023
Hey guys! Quick question here
I applied for spousal sponsorship last December and applied for my open work permit last month.
I received a request for my biometrics for my open work permit on January 25th and have an appointment booked in Calgary this Thursday. But just this morning I received the request for my biometrics for my PR application. I’m just wondering if I need to get my biometrics done twice? Once for each. Or only need to get them done once.
Thankyou!

nve

Apr 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-06-2023
AOR Received.
15-08-2023
Hey guys! Quick question here
I applied for spousal sponsorship last December and applied for my open work permit last month.
I received a request for my biometrics for my open work permit on January 25th and have an appointment booked in Calgary this Thursday. But just this morning I received the request for my biometrics for my PR application. I’m just wondering if I need to get my biometrics done twice? Once for each. Or only need to get them done once.
Thankyou!
Hi, I had the same thing happening to me.
Basically, if you get biometrics for work permit first, they don't accept it for PR application and you will have to do it again.
But if you get biometrics for PR you can uses the same for the work permit and only do it once.

Josephmyatt1996

Jun 11, 2023
Okay sweet. Did you get yours done?
I was just going to bring both letters to my appointment and give them to the powers that be. Once biometrics are taken, do they just send them off to where they need to go? Or is that up to me.

nve

Apr 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-06-2023
AOR Received.
15-08-2023
In my case, I actually received the biometrics request for PR the day after I gave biometrics for work permit. So I had to do it again.
They scan your biometrics instruction letter at the appointment and your application is updated automatically.

If you get biometrics done for PR i'm not sure if it will automatically be updated for the work permit as well. Might take a bit longer. I would probably submit a webform to make sure they update it as soon as possible