App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
What’s your aor ? You gave your biometric now or before ?
my AOR is May 22 and I’m still waiting no think you’ve addressed a wrong person

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I understand. But if the call list is arranged by EE application number, someone who got an AOR of July 2020 but created his EE profile in August 2019 might get an earlier call than someone with a Feb 2020 AOR but created an EE profile in December 2019. it might explain all these calls jumping around in the AOR dates. Just a theory. :)
LOL. Reading what happened in one day. Well, I would agree with the person who said - that we are (members of this forum) cursed LOL.
I got ITA a 10 days before my EE profile was about to expire, because of 1-year validity. EE profile was created in May 2019. Sorry to crash this theory too. I'd personally love it to be true.
I'm really sorry for those who received BIL in spring and still waiting :(. No call for me too, but taking my hat off for those who have a BIL since spring.

Reactions: Shiva91

craigb2424

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Got a call from SC today. Finally.

The timing of the call was impeccable - I was having a bath and told my spouse specifically that the phone is in loud and to pick any call that comes.
And in the middle of the bath - the golden call came. Probably a memory that will be etched in my mind for a long time.:p

AOR: 16 Feb
BIL: 26 Feb

My spouse got her biometrics updated automatically. Historically I had never given.

But so relieved now. Good luck with others - all will get it soon.

Do keep your phone in loud and wherever you are just take the call.
Hey! What was the process of your spouse getting their biometrics updated? Where it said “we are waiting for your fingerprints” does it now say completed? Did they send an email or ghost email or it just updated randomly without notice?

Keepers

Jun 9, 2018
I just called IRCC, the rep told me that if your are biometrics exempted(biometrics still valid) then the updating is done manually and is updated by the officer updating your file. She wasnt able to give me any info on my application because she said they were updating system, so i should call back later. Bummer.

Reactions: Oma2018

canadashine

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
Guys before making assumptions for the sorting technique, please assume the practical situation of Service Canada:
1. The calls are coming from a centralized location, not specific centres
2. One of the applicant in forum mentioned he talked to service canada and they told him they have distributed candiates list to different employees and they are calling using their phone number, hence private numbers
3. Think of yourself manager of all the employees and you have to distribute the applicants list to 10 employees, so as expected the service canada manager did not want to spend more time thinking of the order, he/she just distributed randomly and started eating chai pakoda :p

Recommended way would be to 1st distribute Feb AOR, then March and so on... But we know what's happening ;) Let's not call them and waste their time, instead tweet IRCC so they should know the rules are not being followed. If all of you guys tweet instead of making random logics, who knows we build a pressure on IRCC and they might talk to service canada regarding this!

Reactions: ibh and Shiva91

DashSat

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hey! What was the process of your spouse getting their biometrics updated? Where it said “we are waiting for your fingerprints” does it now say completed? Did they send an email or ghost email or it just updated randomly without notice?
Spouse Bio got updated around mid July - It was a ghost update.
My biometrics is scheduled for tomorrow.

BritPRgirl1

Sep 11, 2020
Got a biometrics call from Service Canada this morning to make my biometrics appointment.

My location: Downtown Toronto
AOR date: May 28, 2020
Stream: CEC Inland
Call received: October 6, 2020 at 8.55am
Appointment booked for October 13, 2020 at Service Canada - College Street, DT Toronto

The agent told me there were appointments available at multiple GTA locations and asked which was easiest for me to get to, I explained the College Street (Toronto) location was best and he said the first available appointment is October 13.

While on the call he also mentioned my partner's name and asked if I knew him because he saw his BIL next on the list and our application numbers are the same - I explained that he is my partner and we applied together, so he booked the two appointments for us there and then and explained that my partner will not receive a call now.

BritPRgirl1

Sep 11, 2020
FYI, the call I received this morning, the agent was working from home, as his dog was barking in the background!

So there's a chance someone centrally at SC might be gathering the info for people to be called and distributing this out to the agents in batches to make calls