AOR: June 01, 2020
Stream: CEC Inland
Call at: October 6, 2020, 10:43
Appointment: October 8, 2020, with my spouse

Friend
AOR: May 26, 2020
Call at: October 6, 2020, 08:40

Good luck everyone~
I thought biometrics were waived/exempted to persons inside Canada, that is, persons who had submit biometrics in a previous application which haven't expired as yet????

Last edited:

mukki

Oct 6, 2020
Got Call from SC today 12 30

AOR -19 May 2020
BIL-08 Jul 2020
Downtown TO

Biometrics Appointment Date - 16 Oct 2020
My BIL is expiring on Oct 8 2020. I hope I don't need a new BIL. The existing BIL will work.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
I thought biometrics were waived/exempted to persons inside Canada, that is, persons who had submit biometrics in a previous application which haven't expired as yet????
not everyone currently inland arrived recently, or from countries that were required to give biometrics for temp visas.

Reactions: ibh

tmondapr

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
not everyone currently inland arrived recently, or from countries that were required to give biometrics for temp visas.
I understand the visa free nations but I just found it strange since biometrics last for ten years....I didn't imagine a lot of persons being in Canada for more than 10 years prior to applying for PR...thanks for the insight

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I understand the visa free nations but i just found it strange since biometrics last for ten years....didn't imagine lot of folks being in canada for more than 10 years...thanks for the insight
Biometrics came in force roughly 3 years ago. If you came here before that, like me, you haven't provided biometrics for anything - even for visa or wp. So basically you do not have to be in Canada for 10 years. 3 years and up is affected.

Reactions: GrettaFox

tmondapr

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Biometrics came in force roughly 3 years ago. If you came here before that, like me, you haven't provided biometrics for anything - even for visa or wp. So basically you do not have to be in Canada for 10 years. 3 years and up is affected.
I had to do biometrics when I came in 2015 to study and some persons who studied with me also provided biometrics when they came to study....so it has been in existence approximately 5 years now using me as an example.

When I did my PR, there was no need for me to provide biometrics, however, i was shocked to see a family member of mine who had to provide biometrics for their PR application this year even though they had done biometrics less than 5 years ago.

I know immigration policies are constantly changing....

MT_A

Oct 5, 2020
Finally received a call from SC representative on my US number .. phewwww

Biometrics Appointment Location: Mississauga Passport Office

AOR: Feb 23, 2020
BIL : Mar 03,2020
Call at: October 6, 2020, 1:28 PM

Appointment: October 9, 2020, with my spouse

MT_A

Oct 5, 2020
Finally received a call from SC representative on my US number .. phewwww

Biometrics Appointment Location: Mississauga Passport Office

AOR: Feb 23, 2020
BIL : Mar 03,2020
Call at: October 6, 2020, 1:28 PM

Appointment: October 9, 2020, with my spouse
SC representative were very polite and requested me to give a phone to my spouse for confirmation ... representative (she)didn’t rush actually

RB36

Sep 3, 2020
Hi All,

I recently subscribed to this chat and received an email from this group with an Excel sheet attached. However, I don't seem to have access to that anymore.

This Thread is extremely helpful.

BTW, I am also waiting for Biometrics Call, AOR- June 6, and BIL - July 23. - Halton Region, Ontario. Please share anything else important that can help me to diminish the confusion going around with Permanent Resident process

Hopefully, everyone will get the call who is waiting on Biometrics soon.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Reactions: Aarnish