+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

MT_A

Oct 5, 2020
Hello folks!
I have been following this thread for so long and it’s really helpful. Thanks to all of you for contributing and sharing the info.

I have a question in regards to my contact info updated in my express entry profile.

I have updated my “US contact number” in my express entry profile ( because it’s connect to my other financial institutions and cannot discard it ).

Do you think SC officer may be able to call on my US number? I am worried as this is considered to be an international call. Also, in some cases, I see officers are using their own phone number to contact the applicant so it depends, right?

Is there a way to add an alternate number to that?

MT_A

Oct 5, 2020
Got a call from SC today. Finally.

The timing of the call was impeccable - I was having a bath and told my spouse specifically that the phone is in loud and to pick any call that comes.
And in the middle of the bath - the golden call came. Probably a memory that will be etched in my mind for a long time.:p

AOR: 16 Feb
BIL: 26 Feb

My spouse got her biometrics updated automatically. Historically I had never given.

But so relieved now. Good luck with others - all will get it soon.

Do keep your phone in loud and wherever you are just take the call.
Many Congratulations!!

Could you please provide the exact time you receive the call?

ru88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hello folks!
I have been following this thread for so long and it’s really helpful. Thanks to all of you for contributing and sharing the info.

I have a question in regards to my contact info updated in my express entry profile.

I have updated my “US contact number” in my express entry profile ( because it’s connect to my other financial institutions and cannot discard it ).

Do you think SC officer may be able to call on my US number? I am worried as this is considered to be an international call. Also, in some cases, I see officers are using their own phone number to contact the applicant so it depends, right?

Is there a way to add an alternate number to that?
I am using my US number too. AOR in Feb and BIL in March. Didn't get call...I am worried about it too.

Reactions: kunal56india

Cookie13

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
City: Ottawa
Biometric call: October 5th

I just got a call from Service Canada today and got my biometric appointment.
I actually asked the person who called me what order they're calling the applicants according to, considering that my AOR was July 25, which makes me not having been waiting for the longest.
She said that "We're not necessarily calling people in order. We're trying to make the file load down."
So I guess the call is/could be COMPLETELY RANDOM

Still, wishing good luck to you guys

Also, just to give you guys more ideas, the appointment has 15 mins intervals. (ex, 10:30, 10:45, so on) She said that they process only one person at a time at a facility. So that sums up about 28 people ( 7 hours x 4 people) max. which one SC outlet can invite per day.
What number did they call from?

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
same with mine: only medical passed. and it says that i need biometrics ( though i gave it 2 years ago for WP, most probably my profile is not updated yet by them). wonder what is next and for how long my AOR july 9
My biometric is exempt but the system is not updated yet
We should send them email or tweet to get it updated.

vince_thewang

Oct 5, 2020
I called SC today at lunchtime inquiring about when I will be contacted for an appointment, as I have been waiting since 3rd August.

But to my surprise the lady transferred my call and the gentleman in appointment team gave me appointment on the spot during the call. I did not have to wait for any Service Canada call.

My appointment is day after tomorrow in Ottawa.

AOR: 20 Jul

BIL: 03 August

SCO: Ottawa

Best of Luck!
Hi, was wondering what # did you call? Probably I’ll give it a shot. Thanks

Reactions: psidhu92

psidhu92

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I called SC today at lunchtime inquiring about when I will be contacted for an appointment, as I have been waiting since 3rd August.

But to my surprise the lady transferred my call and the gentleman in appointment team gave me appointment on the spot during the call. I did not have to wait for any Service Canada call.

Best of Luck!
Thats awesome can you please share which number did you call.?

RonzMax

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020

Best of Luck!
That's awesome! would you mind sharing the SC number you reached on?

Reactions: Haron Akkula

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Thats awesome can you please share which number did you call.?
I am sorry, but what is exactly awesome about this? They told us to wait to get a call, and now they are giving out appointments like this randomly? For Pete's sake, I've never seen anything more terribly handled than this. This should be a huge joke.

MT_A

Oct 5, 2020

Best of Luck!
Could you please tell us which number did you call?

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
Could you please tell us which number did you call?
It might be a local number for local SC. I called mine and they just gave me a number to call which literally says that biometrics are temporarily suspended and them hangs up.

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
I have got mine appointment but my friend at work is still waiting for her biometric appointment since Aug.

Could you please suggest if you asked for call transfer?

Or they just gave you appointment without asking?

Please help.

Man, August?! Some of us are waiting since March- May...