+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

Anna J

May 18, 2020
AOR-July 25th
BIL- September 15th
City: Ottawa
Biometric call: October 5th

I just got a call from Service Canada today and got my biometric appointment.
I actually asked the person who called me what order they're calling the applicants according to, considering that my AOR was July 25, which makes me not having been waiting for the longest.
She said that "We're not necessarily calling people in order. We're trying to make the file load down."
So I guess the call is/could be COMPLETELY RANDOM

Still, wishing good luck to you guys

Also, just to give you guys more ideas, the appointment has 15 mins intervals. (ex, 10:30, 10:45, so on) She said that they process only one person at a time at a facility. So that sums up about 28 people ( 7 hours x 4 people) max. which one SC outlet can invite per day.

Last edited:

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021

I actually asked the person who called me what order they're calling the applicants according to, considering that my AOR was July 25, which makes me not having been waiting for the longest.
She said that "We're not necessarily calling people in order. We're trying to make the file load down."
So I guess the call is COMPLETELY RANDOM.

well that actually explains a lot Let’s keep fingers crossed that we all will get a call

Dundas2020

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020

So I guess the call is COMPLETELY RANDOM.

Also, just to give you guys more ideas, the appointment has 15 mins intervals. (ex, 10:30, 10:45, so on) She said that they process only one person at a time at a facility. So that sums up about 28 people ( 7 hours x 4 people) max. which one SC outlet can invite per day.
Hi, Haven`t you given biometrics before? I have given biometrics in 2017, when I apply for workpermit? Will it be accepted? Or should I give again?

Dundas2020

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Hi,
Hello Everyone

AOR Date: 18th April
BIL Date: 10th June

Still waiting for the call for biometrics, BUT I heard that if the biometrics were given witihin 10 years, it is accepted. I have given biometrics in 2017 when I apply for work permit. Should I give biometrics again?

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017

So I guess the call is/could be COMPLETELY RANDOM

First of all lucky you! That’s great you get to give biometrics. However, this is is a bit outrageous and ridiculous. So unfair for people who have been waiting the longest... thanks for sharing though! When is your appointment booked for? I’m from Ottawa, April AOR.. still waiting...

Anna J

May 18, 2020
First of all lucky you! That’s great you get to give biometrics. However, this is is a bit outrageous and ridiculous. So unfair for people who have been waiting the longest... thanks for sharing though! When is your appointment booked for? I’m from Ottawa, April AOR.. still waiting...
I'm sorry to hear that.
This is a bit weird. Especially because they clearly state on their immigration website that "they'll call the applicants who have been waiting for the longest." However, I shared the information because this means everyone should keep an eye on their phone no matter when their AOR was.
Anyways, it seems they call you just a day before the available time. So I booked for tomorrow.
Wishing you a good luck.

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that.
This is a bit weird. Especially because they clearly state on their immigration website that "they'll call the applicants who have been waiting for the longest." However, I shared the information because this means everyone should keep an eye on their phone no matter when their AOR was.
Anyways, it seems they call you just a day before the available time. So I booked for tomorrow.
Wishing you a good luck.
Exactly.. this why we are all confused haha. Best of luck in your application, and hope you get CoPR soon!

Reactions: Anna J

Dundas2020

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
City: For Miramichi at Fredericton, NB

Great! I just got SC call today for biometric appointment.
My combined AOR & BIL came on Sept 14th.

Wish you all best of luck guys.

We have been told to take precautions during the appointment, visit with a 15 mins interval. Keep an eye on your phone...my name Surname starts with A.
Hi, Have you given biometrics before for any other purpose like study permit, work permit etc OR is this your first time?

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hi,
Hello Everyone

AOR Date: 18th April
BIL Date: 10th June

Still waiting for the call for biometrics, BUT I heard that if the biometrics were given witihin 10 years, it is accepted. I have given biometrics in 2017 when I apply for work permit. Should I give biometrics again?
short answer:No

Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have bothof the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years
Biometric fee

You don’t have to pay the biometric fee when you submit your application, even if the system tells you to pay it.

If you paid the fee, we’ll automatically refund it once we finalize your application.

tsc17

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
24-06-2020
Did anyone from GTA receive call for biometric appointment?

DashSat

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Got a call from SC today. Finally.

The timing of the call was impeccable - I was having a bath and told my spouse specifically that the phone is in loud and to pick any call that comes.
And in the middle of the bath - the golden call came. Probably a memory that will be etched in my mind for a long time.:p

AOR: 16 Feb
BIL: 26 Feb

My spouse got her biometrics updated automatically. Historically I had never given.

But so relieved now. Good luck with others - all will get it soon.

Do keep your phone in loud and wherever you are just take the call.

Peterboardguy

Sep 16, 2019
Got a call from SC today. Finally.

The timing of the call was impeccable - I was having a bath and told my spouse specifically that the phone is in loud and to pick any call that comes.
And in the middle of the bath - the golden call came. Probably a memory that will be etched in my mind for a long time.:p

AOR: 16 Feb
BIL: 26 Feb

My spouse got her biometrics updated automatically. Historically I had never given.

But so relieved now. Good luck with others - all will get it soon.

Do keep your phone in loud and wherever you are just take the call.
Great news, I have exactly same AOR, BIL, Location as you and still waiting for calls. Hopefully it's not random...