+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Anyone who has given their biometrics for visiting visa in the past 10 years got exemption in their biometrics .. pls reply

ahr2019

May 31, 2019
do we need to submit a web form if we haven't received the call yet and the deadline for biometrics submission is up? they gave me 90 days up to oct 13th, 2020.

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
do we need to submit a web form if we haven't received the call yet and the deadline for biometrics submission is up? they gave me 90 days up to oct 13th, 2020.
It is not needed, but no harm to submit a webform letting them know that we didn't yet receive a call yet for biometrics appointment - just for peace of mind.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
It is not needed, but no harm to submit a webform letting them know that we didn't yet receive a call yet for biometrics appointment - just for peace of mind.
Is your eligibility done ? Mine is aor 28th May and it’s processing

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Did they leave you a voicemail? Usually they will call back again before end of the day if they are indeed calling from Service Canada. Keep your phone close.
No there is no voicemail.
I had the phone with me all day.
Sure will do that.
Hope they call again soon.

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020
Is your eligibility done ? Mine is aor 28th May and it’s processing
I didn't check yet. However, I got only 1 GU till date that comes day after Medical Pass. I am just waiting patiently :) . But I am confident we should be good within a month. Files are progressing slowly, but by completion time you will see major progress based on recent trends.

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-exemption-permanent-residents.html

Who is exempt under this public policy
Applicants are exempt under this public policy from the requirement to give their biometrics if they have both of the following:

• a new or pending application for permanent residence made from within or outside Canada
  • already submitted their biometrics in support of an immigration application within the last 10 years
Biometric fee
Applicants should not pay the biometric fee (CAN$85) for a new application for permanent residence, even if the system asks them to pay it when they submit their application.

If an applicant has a pending permanent residence application for which they have already paid the biometric fee, and they are exempt under this public policy from the requirement to give their biometrics, IRCC will process their application and send them a refund for the biometric fee (CAN$85). Applicants do not need to do anything to initiate this refund.
Are we going to get an email notification about the biometrics refund?

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
  • already submitted their biometrics in support of an immigration application within the last 10 years ( as per new news) .. that's y asked .. I dnt know what to do .. that's y .. TIA
What do you mean by you dont know what to do. If you have previously given your biometrics for study/work/visitor visa. Then you dont need to give your biometrics for PR anymore according the new update