+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Guys I don't remember I ever provided my phone number when I submit my application cuz the system doesn't ask for it.

in the "contact details" section, I only typed my email address and preferred language.

Did you guys type your numbers when filling the application form?
The system asks for it in the contact details section. Almost every online application you make to IRCC clearly has a field to input your phone number/ that of your representative.

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
You can browse page 6-8 of this thread, a member show how to see your phone number in your profile. I followed and able to check mine.

Guys I don't remember I ever provided my phone number when I submit my application cuz the system doesn't ask for it.

in the "contact details" section, I only typed my email address and preferred language.

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Looks like there is no tracker as such. Just created below one.
Could you all share this and update whenever you get news? It would be useful for many waiting down the line.

@Toorkaur Could you update this link in the subject of this thread? This would allow easy access to the tracking sheet.

www.shorturl.at/hmpwG

Reactions: Atifh1187
Mar 19, 2020
Could anyone provide the details like what sort of questions they ask for booking biometric appointment coz on my application the phone number is of my lawyer, and I'm not sure how it works, any advice would be great

kelangbac

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Could anyone provide the details like what sort of questions they ask for booking biometric appointment coz on my application the phone number is of my lawyer, and I'm not sure how it works, any advice would be great
Someone mentioned earlier that they just asked to bring BIL and passport. You can check the contact telephone number on your profile. If it's your lawyer then I guess they will call him/her due to info on this page
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

If you applied by using an authorized representative

If the telephone number on file is your representative’s, we’ll call them and ask them to check with you about your availability and preferred location. We’ll then call them a second time to schedule your appointment through them.

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Could you all share this and update whenever you get news? It would be useful for many waiting down the line.

@Toorkaur Could you update this link in the subject of this thread? This would allow easy access to the tracking sheet.

www.shorturl.at/hmpwG
Thanks for doing this. I've updated my situation at your excel sheet.

Reactions: ncrohith

jis05

Aug 27, 2020

Hey, same situations here where my contact details sections only shows email address and preferred language. So I called IRCC and was able to confirm my primary contact phone number. Hopefully it helps.

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
If we check our status through IRCC automated phone service is it gonna be as accurate as talking with an IRCC agent?
Aor 28 May
Background check and eligibility are in process! !

MaplePandaUK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
If we check our status through IRCC automated phone service is it gonna be as accurate as talking with an IRCC agent?
Aor 28 May
Background check and eligibility are in process! !
The automated phone will just read what you can see in your profile online, which tends to not get updated often. IRCC agent can read the notes or get more detail. My profile says Eligibility is in progress, but the agent has told me it has actually passed.

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020

www.shorturl.at/hmpwG
Hi @ncrohith, do you think it would be interesting to add a BIL date to your tracker too? Before your tracker will get very famous :).
The reason I'm asking about it, cause it would be interesting to see the correlation between Service Canada call (for Biometrics Appointment) related to AOR and BIL dates.

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Hi @ncrohith, do you think it would be interesting to add a BIL date to your tracker too? Before your tracker will get very famous :).
The reason I'm asking about it, cause it would be interesting to see the correlation between Service Canada call (for Biometrics Appointment) related to AOR and BIL dates.
Ya. We can. Never know whether BIL date will have any correlation later.
It's good to see how the tracker is growing.

Even though it's a limited sample, ON and BC folks seem to have a looooooooong wait.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020

Even though it's a limited sample, ON and BC folks seem to have a looooooooong wait.
Yes, the worst part is no one in Ontario has received a call yet. Perhaps, they are waiting for Dougie to re-introduce lockdown measures so they can creep back to whatever rabbit holes they were in for almost 6 months? Let's assume they will screw up this opportunity too so when we get to submit our biometrics we are not disappointed.

ibh

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020

Thanks!
Your tracker growing fast, good! The more data we have, the easier it will be to predict (guess) what is going on with those Service Canada calls.
So far, out of 122 (who entered data to participate), only one person was lucky to do Biometrics.
I wish Service Canada and IRCC will pickup pace and we can see more people getting called, thanks to your spredsheet.