+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

Presh2019

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Making us wait to be called by Service Canada is definitely the most inefficient process ever! In 2020?!

Hoping for some solid progress in the coming weeks.
So frustrating, especially with talks on a 2nd lockdown in Ontario. Just hoping we can all have our biometrics done this year.

snada

Sep 19, 2020
Hey, thanks for the tracker, I think it will be extremely useful.

According to this page (posted by the IRCC twitter account) they are talking about starting these services from Monday:

For services that we haven’t been able to provide virtually, we are slowly beginning to reopen in-person services in select offices by appointment only, beginning the week of September 21, 2020.
Maybe this is the reason why there weren't many calls these days.

JaxT

Sep 10, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-05-2020

According to this page (posted by the IRCC twitter account) they are talking about starting these services from Monday:

I agree

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019

so it means they gonna call from monday to schedule appointments for biometrics?

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
Looks like there is no tracker as such. Just created below one.
Could you all share this and update whenever you get news? It would be useful for many waiting down the line.

@Toorkaur Could you update this link in the subject of this thread? This would allow easy access to the tracking sheet.

www.shorturl.at/hmpwG
hey it does not allow to change name or update something. may be you can start a separate thread for that

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020

Mario 66

Sep 12, 2020
I was in SC last week (Toronto-college) for updating SIN and there was a huge queue only for those who were waiting for SIN and EI. I believe IRCC only tweet the resumption of Biometrics because they received so many complaints about this situation and wanted to make the situation calm. Given the second lockdown in Toronto, there won't be any call for those ppl who are living in GTA. SC has not enough time to cover for those ppl who are coming for SIN and EI, now imagine they wanna handle Biometrics as well !!! Please start tweeting and call IRCC to accept the previous biometrics and save our time instead of waiting for unreliable promises...

Reactions: kabir_krishna

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
I was in SC last week (Toronto-college) for updating SIN and there was a huge queue only for those who were waiting for SIN and EI. I believe IRCC only tweet the resumption of Biometrics because they received so many complaints about this situation and wanted to make the situation calm. Given the second lockdown in Toronto, there won't be any call for those ppl who are living in GTA. SC has not enough time to cover for those ppl who are coming for SIN and EI, now imagine they wanna handle Biometrics as well !!! Please start tweeting and call IRCC to accept the previous biometrics and save our time instead of waiting for unreliable promises...
updating SIN is completely online right? from when they started it in the office.

Mario 66

Sep 12, 2020
updating SIN is completely online right? from when they started it in the office.
No, you can do it in the SC offices as well. I needed to get it ASAP, that's why I applied in person. Since when I don't know. Anyway, SIN is not an issue to discuss here, I just wanted to tell you my personal experience in SC office (Toronto). They only let 5 ppl inside and each person needs to be checked for Covid before going to the office. CERB is going to end next month and lots of ppl are going to apply for EI, which makes it much more difficult for SC to prioritize Biometrics. As long as you're an applicant based in Toronto, don't expect a call from SC in the near future.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
No, you can do it in the SC offices as well. I needed to get it ASAP, that's why I applied in person. Since when I don't know. Anyway, SIN is not an issue to discuss here, I just wanted to tell you my personal experience in SC office (Toronto). They only let 5 ppl inside and each person needs to be checked for Covid before going to the office. CERB is going to end next month and lots of ppl are going to apply for EI, which makes it much more difficult for SC to prioritize Biometrics. As long as you're an applicant based in Toronto, don't expect a call from SC in the near future.
EI & SIN should be handled by different departments. I dont think the same person is taking SIN applications and biometrics on the same work shift, that's nonsense. I thought they are gradually opening the passport services which include biometrics collections, so other departmental jobs shouldn't be related.

But that's my guess, and I have zero knowledge on how SC departments work. Sad that we are left to make our own guesses instead of getting a clear information.