+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
Hello,

I am a CEC inland applicant with my spouse back home as a secondary applicant. I am exempt from the Biometrics (given during work permit application) but I received a BIL for my wife. Now, in the BIL letter of my wife, the address is mine (Canadian address) and not my wife's present address back home. Is it normal?

My wife has not given the biometrics yet as the VAC's back home are still closed until further notice. Still, it says Biometrics : NOVEMBER 3, 2020 completed.

A reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
That wouldn't create any issues. As far as she goes to the VAC and gives the biometrics, it gets updated in the system irrespective of the address.

Reactions: harsh_8081

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Hello,

I am a CEC inland applicant with my spouse back home as a secondary applicant. I am exempt from the Biometrics (given during work permit application) but I received a BIL for my wife. Now, in the BIL letter of my wife, the address is mine (Canadian address) and not my wife's present address back home. Is it normal?

My wife has not given the biometrics yet as the VAC's back home are still closed until further notice. Still, it says Biometrics : NOVEMBER 3, 2020 completed.

A reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
[/QUOTE
Why does IRCC say bio complete when the dependant has not given bio. It's confusing. Same as mine. Also we know they'll still put the decision making on hold, then why say bio is complete

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
Probably a glitch in the system. Click on the dependent on your application, if the bio details are blank, it implies that u are yet to provide biometrics.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
Hi folks, my AOR date was in mid-February and Biometrics passed on October 15.
I called to IRCC a couple of days ago, and an agent said that my Security status is "Not Started" yet, and Criminality is still in progress.

I am pretty concerned that my Security status is "Not Started", considering that my AOR was in Feb. Does anyone have any ideas? Or is anyone in a similar situation?

FWIW, my application is for Express Entry (FSW).
Security will only start after eligibility is passed by an officer (not just recommended pass by an analyst). I'm guessing your eligibility hasn't been conclusively passed yet. It's possible they haven't been able to properly verify your work experience, or there's something up with the documents. A less likely but possible scenario is you're just terribly unlucky but there's nothing wrong with the application.

mukki

Oct 6, 2020
My application status is " your action is required". When i called CIC then agent said that we have received all document. Not sure if this status will block my application to be picked for next step. Criminality is in progress as per gcms reports.

KMGV

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Security will only start after eligibility is passed by an officer (not just recommended pass by an analyst). I'm guessing your eligibility hasn't been conclusively passed yet. It's possible they haven't been able to properly verify your work experience, or there's something up with the documents. A less likely but possible scenario is you're just terribly unlucky but there's nothing wrong with the application.
I am AOR 13 Apr and Biometrics completed on 4 Nov, when i called IRCC the agent said that my eligilibility is passed and Criminiality is In progress and Security "not started". Dont know why the security is not started yet, any one can give a brief note on this?

mahuuuu

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Category........
CEC
My application status is " your action is required". When i called CIC then agent said that we have received all document. Not sure if this status will block my application to be picked for next step. Criminality is in progress as per gcms reports.
Once biometrics is completed, it will change to submitted

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I am AOR 13 Apr and Biometrics completed on 4 Nov, when i called IRCC the agent said that my eligilibility is passed and Criminiality is In progress and Security "not started". Dont know why the security is not started yet, any one can give a brief note on this?
Some agents don't distinguish between recommended pass and passed. If it's only recommended pass, they won't start security.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
My AOR is 1st Aug 20 and Bil is 21Sep, My partner got the call and I went along with my partner to SC yesterday below are observations.
1) They have only application numbers not names, I saw the list with both, security and SC counter person.
2) The calls are being made by SC employees, they get the list from IRCC and they are calling from home.
When I told the person that we are two people, he says I can take one only now since on his list he has one application number. In fact on my insistence he checked with his manager and they manager came and told me, they can't take BIO without the booking since the list is with IRCC. The counter person told me he could book me but he does not have laptop with him and its at home and he has access to the list from his laptop.
I think if the agent calls you for booking you have to request him to check for your partner, keep the applicatoin number handy. Most likely all the applicants in the file will have same application number and may be they can accommodate, but agent will have to book us in his sytem, then only the SC will take the Bio.
So my wait continues again.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
My AOR is 1st Aug 20 and Bil is 21Sep, My partner got the call and I went along with my partner to SC yesterday below are observations.
1) They have only application numbers not names, I saw the list with both, security and SC counter person.
2) The calls are being made by SC employees, they get the list from IRCC and they are calling from home.
When I told the person that we are two people, he says I can take one only now since on his list he has one application number. In fact on my insistence he checked with his manager and they manager came and told me, they can't take BIO without the booking since the list is with IRCC. The counter person told me he could book me but he does not have laptop with him and its at home and he has access to the list from his laptop.
I think if the agent calls you for booking you have to request him to check for your partner, keep the applicatoin number handy. Most likely all the applicants in the file will have same application number and may be they can accommodate, but agent will have to book us in his sytem, then only the SC will take the Bio.
So my wait continues again.
If you dont mind can you confirm the application number..if you feel not safe thats ok because i was also thinking it could be only based on application number order not any other criteria..As AOR wise,postal code(area wise) or BIL date wise or applicant first or last name wise or most processed application priority wise nothing matches up so far..

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
If you dont mind can you confirm the application number..if you feel not safe thats ok because i was also thinking it could be only based on application number order not any other criteria..As AOR wise,postal code(area wise) or BIL date wise or applicant first or last name wise or most processed application priority wise nothing matches up so far..
No, I don't think it has to do with application number sequence for call priority. These are system generated numbers. I see candidates from September BIL getting calls in Mississauga where as people from march AOR is still waiting for BiL.
Well, as you said nothing matches up. My partner got the call not me, it does not add up, where as we both have same Application number. Also, I genuinely feel that it depends the agent who calls you. From my conversation to the SC counter guy who was supportive, he offered to book me but said I can do this from my laptop and its at home and from SC system I don' have access to booking platform. So next time if some gets a call ( if you have multiple people on application) , they should haggle with agent, may be if you are lucky they can book the slot..

Reactions: RAMAAA91

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Finally done with my BioMetric - Got call yesterday scheduled today for Hamilton and took less than 5 mins to complete the process. Thanks.
AOR 5th Septemeber - MED and BIL 22nd october 2020 completed 10th November 2020

Reactions: visupreddy

visupreddy

Feb 4, 2020
Finally done with my BioMetric - Got call yesterday scheduled today for Hamilton and took less than 5 mins to complete the process. Thanks.
AOR 5th Septemeber - MED and BIL 22nd october 2020 completed 10th November 2020
Is your dependent inside or outside Canada?

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.